ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos have no QB vs Saints
KC Hawks 05:10 PM 11-28-2020
:-)

All the QBs on the Broncos' roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts, sources tell ESPN.

None were wearing masks at the time of exposure, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

Broncos will not be forfeiting, per source.

Short of luring GM John Elway out of retirement, it sets up as the most unexpected NFL scene of 2020. Broncos have no QBs for a game against the Saints. https://t.co/ig4knEI9vQ

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:59 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I'm not advocating for it, but it's something I can see the donks doing.
I guess in 2020 it's part of the game within the game.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:11 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Should have moved it to tomorrow at 4 PM

Okay. This IS bullshit.

I love seeing the Donks get screwed, but this is just wrong on the NFL's part. Horrible decision.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:14 AM 11-29-2020
Karma? :-) Juiced jerseys, cheating the cap, many more that I'm drawing a blank on. I just can't find myself being to concerned over their misfortune. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 11:18 AM 11-29-2020
Why didn't Denver go out and sign Kaepernick? At least he knows how to play QB in the NFL. How many days does a new player have to sit out before joining a team, 2 days for test results?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:20 AM 11-29-2020
The screw for the old Drew
[Reply]
Bwana 11:20 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Why didn't Denver go out and sign Kaepernick? At least he knows how to play QB in the NFL. How many days does a new player have to sit out before joining a team, 2 days for test results?

Because he's a side show flaming douche bag, that hasn't played for years?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 11:31 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:

I would rather have a Practice Squad member as a QB than Kaperdick
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:34 AM 11-29-2020
The poor chap already has fulltime work, he not going to risk the 'rona and get beat to death and risk his current Nike gig.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 11-29-2020
Anybody signed has to pass the COVID protocol. They can't sign anybody off the street, wouldn't be ready in time.
[Reply]
tk13 11:36 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Should have moved it to tomorrow at 4 PM

That's what I said upthread, but I don't think the NFL wants to risk giving them any more time to have positive tests and risk having a bigger mess. It's possible everything would be fine, but it's also possible another day of tests would reveal more positives and they don't want to risk it.

It seems like they're just trying to ram games through to avoid having to do week 18. I don't know how you could come to any other conclusion at this point.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:37 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I absolutely think it’s the NFL punishing them for not following protocol and sending a message to the rest of the league.
But it’s not just “punishing” Denver... it is also hurting the teams who will be negatively impacted by the Saints getting a likely free win (i.e. the NFC teams battling the Saints for playoff positioning).
[Reply]
loochy 11:37 AM 11-29-2020
You think Kaepernick would play for what the Broncos would offer him for onr game? Lol
[Reply]
JakeF 11:38 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:39 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Anybody signed has to pass the COVID protocol. They can't sign anybody off the street, wouldn't be ready in time.
And those tests take 3-5 days...

Oh wait, this is the NFL....
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
And those tests take 3-5 days...

Oh wait, this is the NFL....
They have to pass two test, 2 or 3 days apart, IIRC. They can't join their new team for 5 days.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up