Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs switching radio stations
siberian khatru 03:09 PM 12-05-2019
AM 610 to become official partner, with games on FM 106.5

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-a...io-partnership

Chiefs and Entercom Announce Radio Partnership

Chiefs Public Relations

On Thursday, the Kansas City Chiefs and Entercom Communications Corporation announced a multi-year agreement that will make 106.5 The Wolf (WDAF-FM) the new flagship station of the 70-station Chiefs Radio Network and home of the Chiefs beginning on February 16, 2020.

“We look forward to partnering with 106.5 The Wolf and the powerful Entercom family of stations,” Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. “The ability to bring our game broadcasts and existing weekly radio shows under one roof is a large part of this change, but we are equally excited about creating new content and developing new opportunities for Chiefs fans to engage with their favorite team.”

Starting in the 2020 season, 106.5 The Wolf will anchor one of the largest radio networks in the National Football League. All Chiefs preseason, regular season and postseason games will be broadcast to more than 70 affiliate stations throughout an eight-state region.

“We are extremely pleased to enter into this new partnership with the Kansas City Chiefs, one of the NFL’s most well respected and prestigious organizations,” said Dave Alpert, Regional President and Market Manager, Entercom Kansas City. “Entercom’s eight station cluster of music, news and sports talk stations hosted by Kansas City’s leading personalities, along with vast digital and podcast opportunities, will deliver the premium and comprehensive coverage Chiefs Kingdom desires seven days a week, all season long.”

One of the Midwest’s most recognizable radio and television personalities, “Voice of the Chiefs” Mitch Holthus will return for his 27th season as the play-by-play personality for the Chiefs Radio Network. Owning more years of service than any other “Voice of the Chiefs” in team history, Holthus has called a franchise record 426 regular and postseason contests for Kansas City.

As part of the agreement, Entercom’s 610 Sports Radio (KCSP-AM) becomes the official broadcast partner of the Kansas City Chiefs, with exclusive rights to various categories of Chiefs programming, including live radio broadcast rights to the Chiefs weekly in-season press conference with the club’s head coach and a weekly one-on-one interview with the starting quarterback. In addition, 610 Sports Radio will broadcast the Chiefs Kingdom Radio Show on Monday nights from 6 to 7 p.m., which is hosted by Holthus, and includes call-ins from the head coach and live on-site guest interviews with key players.

Throughout the season, Chiefs players will be featured on regularly scheduled 610 Sports Radio programming, hosted by their staff of on-air personalities. 610 Sports Radio will also have access to deliver live reports from an exclusive tent and broadcast live post-practice interviews at Chiefs Training Camp.

106.5 The Wolf and 610 Sports Radio are RADIO.COM stations. RADIO.COM, the fastest growing digital audio app in the United States and the leader in local sports coverage, currently has over 500 stations and thousands of podcasts, with more added continuously on its rapidly growing platform. RADIO.COM is a part of Entercom.

About Entercom Communications Corp.

Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 170 million people each month through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:09 PM 12-05-2019
lol
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 12-05-2019
So 101 The Fox is going to lose their broadcast rights?

Damn - how'd they let that happen? I mean that's a Dad Rock station - this is their wheelhouse. It's their target demographic and in many ways has kept them relevant as stations similar to them have failed.

That could very well be a big problem for them. I'd hate to see it, I grew up with The Fox.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:13 PM 12-05-2019
the fox doesn't make the chiefs broadcasts, mitch and the chiefs crew does

doesn't matter what station they're on
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:13 PM 12-05-2019
I'll miss hearing 101 the foxxxxx
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:14 PM 12-05-2019
Looks like the Wolf is more cunning than the Fox.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:14 PM 12-05-2019
Any chance they are getting rid of Kendall Gammon? I can't listen to the radio broadcast anymore when he does the games.

Moving to a shitty country music station means I may not ever hear them again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the fox doesn't make the chiefs broadcasts, mitch and the chiefs crew does

doesn't matter what station they're on
Probably not, no. Unlikely to see any significant difference in gameday broadcasts. And The Fox is owned by Cumulus, so it's not exactly a mom and pop shot in its own right and I can't be upset about some kind of 'corporate radio' takeover.

I just grew up listening to The Fox and want to see them do well. I doubt this is a positive development for them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:26 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Any chance they are getting rid of Kendall Gammon? I can't listen to the radio broadcast anymore when he does the games.

it the chiefs bro

apart from the front office and adding drum decks their chief character traits are cheapness and loyalty

kendall will probably be next to mitch for decades :-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:27 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it the chiefs bro

apart from the front office and adding drum decks their chief character traits are cheapness and loyalty

kendall will probably be next to mitch for decades :-)
I know but we can all hope. The stuttering and stammering all game long drives me up a wall and I can't take it.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:28 PM 12-05-2019
At least I'll still be able to get my racing and kstate updates on 810.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:30 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
At least I'll still be about to get my racing and kstate updates on 810.
The coaches press conferences are usually terrible so it's not a big loss there. Typically the QB interviews aren't any better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 12-05-2019
I know but we can all hope. The stuttering and stammering all game long drives me up a wall and I can't take it.
Nothing's as bad as watching Shawn Barber with that stupid shit-eating grin on his face during the Chiefs Rewind.

Every now and then I can see Mitch just dying inside. "Really, I need to bounce stuff off THIS guy?"

Barber's an idiot.
[Reply]
srvy 03:42 PM 12-05-2019

Yes please!!
[Reply]
srvy 03:44 PM 12-05-2019
What ever happened to Bob Gretz? :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up