ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 39
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:08 PM 12-04-2019
you probably could have impregnated his daughter for a crown

Amish folks have to have outsiders hump their women to avoid inbreeding in small Amish communities
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:16 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
you probably could have impregnated his daughter for a crown

Amish folks have to have outsiders hump their women to avoid inbreeding in small Amish communities

This seems like a great tourism development opportunity. Does anyone know of any hotels for sale near Amish colonies?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:17 PM 12-04-2019
who’d you hire to pick up the horse shit out in the parking lot ?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:18 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose.
So do you tie his tooth to a string and then close the elevator door and press "up"? I guess that would work well.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:22 PM 12-04-2019
Did the Amish not know that the going rate is a bottle of Pappy?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:22 PM 12-04-2019
Speaking of Amish, supposed to be some place in SWMO where they sell cheap, cheap pies, cookies, pretzels, etc. that are incredible. Can’t put my finger on the name but I’ve been meaning to check it out
[Reply]
stumppy 09:37 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Speaking of Amish, supposed to be some place in SWMO where they sell cheap, cheap pies, cookies, pretzels, etc. that are incredible. Can’t put my finger on the name but I’ve been meaning to check it out
There's a road side stand just south of the Stockton city limits where they sell fried pies. Several different flavors, made that morning. Damn they're good.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:38 PM 12-04-2019
Hah! Cool stories, you should make this a whole series O.city.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:48 PM 12-04-2019
Didn’t they have anything better than critter and egg? Like furniture maybe?
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Did the Amish not know that the going rate is a bottle of Pappy?
Yeah, that wasn't expected. I've tapped into it, it's pretty tasty.
[Reply]
O.city 10:13 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So do you tie his tooth to a string and then close the elevator door and press "up"? I guess that would work well.
Sorry, lol, elevator is a dental too.

Dental elevator. Basically looks like a flathead screwdriver if you bent eh end to a half C. That's the one I use atleast.
[Reply]
O.city 10:14 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There's a couple stores down here that they have.

I did braces on one of the girls a year or two ago and the mom made us some home Made strudel. It was awesome.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Hah! Cool stories, you should make this a whole series O.city.
I've definitely got some stories. Shit, seems like I have something crazy happen atleast once per week.
[Reply]
Three7s 10:22 PM 12-04-2019
I was in a bowling team called The Amish Mafia. I think that would suffice for a good band name.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 39
1 234511 > Last »
Up