Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Arthur Bryants Down to Original Location
gblowfish 10:17 AM 12-03-2019
Closing their KCK Legends location:
https://www.kmbc.com/article/kc-bbq-...Zkbcahm1bqcNm8
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:20 AM 12-03-2019
They could close them all as long as they still make that sweet heat sauce for the stores. The quality of there smoked meats has progressively gotten worse over the years. I love that sweet heat sauce though.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:21 AM 12-03-2019
The Legends location was terrible the times that I went
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:25 AM 12-03-2019
From what I was told after they closed up at Ameristar- was a Florida guy came through town and liked the place, so bought them out.

Once that happened- all the quality and management went downhill. The Ameristar was a pretty hopping location and excellent food at one time. I am not sure how you could mess that up so bad, it was a golden goose.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:33 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
From what I was told after they closed up at Ameristar- was a Florida guy came through town and liked the place, so bought them out.

Once that happened- all the quality and management went downhill. The Ameristar was a pretty hopping location and excellent food at one time. I am not sure how you could mess that up so bad, it was a golden goose.
You ever eaten BBQ in Florida? That state can fuck up anything.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:40 AM 12-03-2019
always though them and gates were overrated terrible bbq
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:42 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Legends location was terrible the times that I went
It was hit or miss. We always stayed out there when we went to Royals and Chiefs games. I don't remember how many times we went to AB but they weren't all bad. Some certainly were though.
[Reply]
burt 10:43 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
always though them and gates were overrated terrible bbq
A hit man has been dispatched.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:44 AM 12-03-2019
I still haven't ever eaten there

they will probably close before I get around to it
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:47 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You ever eaten BBQ in Florida? That state can **** up anything.
:-)

Yep, my uncle lived in Orlando. It was like boiled meat with ketchup on it when we ate out at a BBQ place.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:50 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I still haven't ever eaten there

they will probably close before I get around to it
Pretty sure there was a huge write up about the original AB location having rats, roaches and disgusting health violations. I don't think I will ever risk going there- ever.

I can buy their sauce and make my own awesome BBQ at home instead of risking some black dude wiping his ass on a rack of ribs and then serving them to me.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:55 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by burt:
A hit man has been dispatched.
No shit. Gates is not terrible by any standards.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:59 AM 12-03-2019
Pretty sure there was a huge write up about the original AB location having rats, roaches and disgusting health violations. I don't think I will ever risk going there- ever.

I can buy their sauce and make my own awesome BBQ at home instead of risking some black dude wiping his ass on a rack of ribs and then serving them to me.
Where do you think all that extra flavor comes from? You can't get that at home.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:00 AM 12-03-2019
Back in the 70s and early 80s it was some of the best Q you could get anywhere,
went back to the original location this past year and it was not the same.
I think the new generation is lacking the passion Arthur had.
That whole neighborhood has changed. I had not been down there for 10 years and it feels safer now...................
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:03 AM 12-03-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up