Sure-Oz 04:13 PM 05-08-2019
First teaser. Intrigued.

https://youtu.be/zymgtV99Rko
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:26 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
All the Jeremy Irons scenes with his servants are a huge “WTF” for me

But engrossing.
how much do you know from the source material, and how much do you want to?

So you know, what you find out about the source material doesn't NECESSARILY shed any light on what's happening now, just informs your speculation.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:06 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
All the Jeremy Irons scenes with his servants are a huge “WTF” for me

But engrossing.
Yes. It would appear Ozymandius has gone quite insane are building himself an army of clones to see to his needs while in captivity.

I am interested in his trebuchet that can apparently launch a person into space, though?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:29 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes. It would appear Ozymandius has gone quite insane are building himself an army of clones to see to his needs while in captivity.

I am interested in his trebuchet that can apparently launch a person into space, though?
Seems apparent that

Spoiler!

But I could be wrong.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:49 PM 11-04-2019
That's plausible. I thought

Spoiler!

But who knows......
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:05 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Seems apparent that

Spoiler!

But I could be wrong.
This was my assumption too.
[Reply]
banecat 01:47 PM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don't get this. well I do in our 2019 political environment. But, still anyone putting their political views into almost every movie seems like a bad idea for them. How are you going to enjoy movies?
Science Fiction and Comics have almost always been about social issues?
[Reply]
FAX 12:46 AM 11-17-2019
I'm a little surprised that there isn't more interest in this series here on ChiefsPlanet.

It's turning out to be a very interesting show, in my opinion. The production values are solid and the acting is more-than-decent. The best part is the nuance and subtlety that they are adding throughout (very Marvelesque care taken with the writing).

There are details that foreshadow upcoming episodes as well as lots of meta-references to the source material. I give it 4.5 Squashed Squids after 4 episodes.

FAX
[Reply]
banecat 01:22 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm a little surprised that there isn't more interest in this series here on ChiefsPlanet.

It's turning out to be a very interesting show, in my opinion. The production values are solid and the acting is more-than-decent. The best part is the nuance and subtlety that they are adding throughout (very Marvelesque care taken with the writing).

There are details that foreshadow upcoming episodes as well as lots of meta-references to the source material. I give it 4.5 Squashed Squids after 4 episodes.

FAX
It's good. They've done a great job of striking the nerve of the graphic novel and carrying it's core into a contemporary time. I'd have to agree with some of what I've read about how this is closer to the essence of the GN than the movies was. Snyder just wanted to use the material to make a cool film, and he did so. The new production teams gets the GN, and it shows
[Reply]
Bowser 04:59 PM 11-17-2019
The last couple of episodes have been nails. I find it very interesting that Adrian has his own cult following that he may or may not have any knowledge of while in exile. It's must watch for me.

And I'd like to point out that their intros at the beginning are a straight ripoff of Legion, but I'm completely fine with that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:30 PM 11-17-2019
So that was something. Definitely the best episode yet. Serious Leftovers vibes too.
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:30 AM 11-18-2019
Love the actor from the Ballad of Buster Scruggs...dude just has awesome presence
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:19 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So that was something. Definitely the best episode yet. Serious Leftovers vibes too.
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Love the actor from the Ballad of Buster Scruggs...dude just has awesome presence

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:32 PM 11-19-2019
Best episode so far... Cool to see the squid aftermath
[Reply]
banecat 05:35 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Best episode so far... Cool to see the squid aftermath
Yes. I'm glad that they're connecting the graphic novel to the new material and by answering questions of what happened during the time between the two eras
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:13 AM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Tim Blake Nelson. He’s great in anything he does.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up