ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Media Center>Disney+ coming November 12th
Sure-Oz 07:49 PM 04-11-2019
November 12th 2019

@adamhlavac: #DisneyPlus launches November 12 and will cost $6.99/month or $69.99/year. https://twitter.com/adamhlavac/statu...883136/photo/1

Full Details in link. This will be awesome. May want to get Disney stock I'm guessing.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com...-investor-day/
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 08:36 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I am surprised Peter Pan isn’t on that list.
It is, that's not the entire list.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Have no fear, Disney knows their audience quite well and have provided safety for some of the older classics:

Disney’s new streaming service has added a trigger warning to certain classic movies like “The Jungle Book” and “Lady and the Tramp” to address possible “outdated cultural depictions” that could offend viewers.

Disney Plus, which launched Tuesday amid a host of technical issues, issued a disclaimer on some decades-old movies that reads, “This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions.”

The warning appears in the movie descriptions for “Dumbo,” “The Jungle Book” and “Lady and the Tramp,” among others that have faced criticism for depicting racial stereotypes.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-outdated-cu/
Its not just Disney stuff. There is a lot of overt racial stereotype stuff out there from the 30's-60's in movies and TV. Saw some youtube's where people put together some cringe worthy moments from "classics" and "beloved" movies and TV in that era. It's not some SJW level BS, its cringe worthy stuff that didn't even register with me the first time I saw the movie or TV show.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:49 AM 11-15-2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo...1839836190/amp
D+ is embarrassing.

Long article...but d+ definitely needs to get things fixed soon and improve the UI features.

I've noticed a few issues with errors and retrying works on my ps4. Also sound cuts out on occasion or video freezes and sound is going. Stop and restart works. Hope they get this all patched soon and improve the search feature etc.
I also notice it doesn't track what i watched like Netflix does so I'm guessing what episode I finished.
[Reply]
candyman 08:50 AM 11-15-2019
Just found out as a Verizon Unlimited Data customer I get it free for a year. And it can be streamed on up to 6 devices per account.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:41 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
D+ is embarrassing.

Long article...but d+ definitely needs to get things fixed soon and improve the UI features.

I've noticed a few issues with errors and retrying works on my ps4. Also sound cuts out on occasion or video freezes and sound is going. Stop and restart works. Hope they get this all patched soon and improve the search feature etc.
I also notice it doesn't track what i watched like Netflix does so I'm guessing what episode I finished.
I haven't had any issues other than it not keeping track of where I left off in a movie or what episode of a series I'm on. Given that it's a new service working out the bugs I honestly expected worse.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:43 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I haven't had any issues other than it not keeping track of where I left off in a movie or what episode of a series I'm on. Given that it's a new service working out the bugs I honestly expected worse.
Yeah I'm hoping in the next few weeks to months it'll be w/o errors and have improvements. Like it otherwise so far. Locked in for 3 years
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 PM 11-15-2019
D+ is embarrassing.
I saw that article yesterday and the only thing embarrassing, IMO, was her awful writing and complaining. I don't understand what's going on in the world of "journalism" but anyone that can put two sentences together is "writing" for these websites for like 1 cent per word and personally, I find that abhorrent.

Anyway, I experienced some glitches Tuesday evening with Disney Plus on a Roku 4K but most of those had disappeared by last night. The movie we were watching wasn't "highlighted" or at the top of any menu, so I had to search for the movie manually, but it did remember exactly where we stopped the previous evening.

I think it would be foolish for anyone to expect that a brand new streaming service, with 10 million new users that's gone "Live" for the first time on a dozen different platforms, would be "Glitch-Free" from launch.

Articles like those above are just click-bait for trolls.

(PS - Good to see you, Brotha!)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 PM 11-15-2019
I'm getting tired of this shit. I now have Direct TV, Sports Package on Direct TV, ESPN+, Netflex, YouTubePremium. Tired of paying up the ass. Just come out with some package that I can choose exact channels I want.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:47 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm getting tired of this shit. I now have Direct TV, Sports Package on Direct TV, ESPN+, Netflex, YouTubePremium. Tired of paying up the ass. Just come out with some package that I can choose exact channels I want.
It's actually heading the other direction, with Universal's new streaming platform set for sometime in 2021 and HBO Max, which is set for Spring 2020.

The only major studio without a streaming platform is Sony.

There are rumors that AT&T will include HBO Max for free to its customers (including Direct TV) but that hasn't been set in stone.

I think it's going to be quite a while before we see any "Bundled Bundles".
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:54 PM 11-15-2019

Actor @RobertDowneyJr will reprise his role as Iron Man alongside Jeff Goldblum's The Grandmaster and @TaikaWaititi's Korg in the alternate-timeline animated WHAT IF...? series on @DisneyPlus, confirms Goldblum! https://t.co/H2BC4h376u pic.twitter.com/EStmTTyMBk

— MCU Direct (@MCU_Direct) November 15, 2019

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:16 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I saw that article yesterday and the only thing embarrassing, IMO, was her awful writing and complaining. I don't understand what's going on in the world of "journalism" but anyone that can put two sentences together is "writing" for these websites for like 1 cent per word and personally, I find that abhorrent.

Anyway, I experienced some glitches Tuesday evening with Disney Plus on a Roku 4K but most of those had disappeared by last night. The movie we were watching wasn't "highlighted" or at the top of any menu, so I had to search for the movie manually, but it did remember exactly where we stopped the previous evening.

I think it would be foolish for anyone to expect that a brand new streaming service, with 10 million new users that's gone "Live" for the first time on a dozen different platforms, would be "Glitch-Free" from launch.

Articles like those above are just click-bait for trolls.

(PS - Good to see you, Brotha!)
Lol agreed. Seems way to early to panic...I've already seen 1 app updateon my phone dhf PS4 so I'm sure they will get it cleaned up soon. I'm looking forward to more enhancements too. I can't wait to dive in more this weekend. Good to see you posting!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:17 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why YouTube premium? Curious...I've watched Cobra Kai but that's it
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:18 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That will be cool....I'm looking forward to the what if series
[Reply]
BWillie 02:06 PM 11-15-2019
Why YouTube premium? Curious...I've watched Cobra Kai but that's it
I watch Impulse and I use the function everyday where I can listen to YouTube with my screen turned off on my phone. You used to be able to finagle your phone to do this without paying but I haven't been able to figure it out anymore - because they want you to buy You Tube Premium. I also like the option to be able to download YouTube videos and watch them when Offline when I'm on a plane or something.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:24 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's actually heading the other direction, with Universal's new streaming platform set for sometime in 2021 and HBO Max, which is set for Spring 2020.

The only major studio without a streaming platform is Sony.

There are rumors that AT&T will include HBO Max for free to its customers (including Direct TV) but that hasn't been set in stone.

I think it's going to be quite a while before we see any "Bundled Bundles".
If every single network had the stand alone streaming option - I'd be all about it.

Maybe someday. I just pay for so many channels I don't need or watch. Thats how they getcha
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up