ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>49ers suspend radio analyst Tim Ryan for Lamar Jackson comments https://www.espn.com/
13and3 08:00 AM 12-05-2019
49ers suspend radio analyst Tim Ryan for Lamar Jackson comments
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ckson-comments

Im black and am not offended by this. Why is this a problem? His skin is the exact same color as the football its a fact we can all see! I bet Lamar is aware of this and it is a slight advantage I would think.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 10:00 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by 13and3:
Black folk are on the whole more offended by trump being able to grab batches by the pooh nanny and still be elected president. If Obama said half the shit he said he could even made crossing guard.
And yet black folks love them some Bill Clinton... ironic ain't it :-)
[Reply]
Oxford 10:02 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
If you listen to the actual recording your gonna feel even worse for Tim Ryan.

You could tell he didn’t mean it at all in a racist manner and that’s the problem with today’s society. Obama always talked about, “it’s all about starting a conversation” Tim Ryan starts a conversation about his skin tone and how it might’ve helped hide the ball a bit and he’s being attacked like this? Lol...

If I was pale as **** with a white uniform and a white ball, and they said on air about me, his very pale skin makes it hard to see the ball, how in the world should or would that offend me?!?!?!? It’s fact if my pale skin is concealing the white or pale ball...
Remember when the Seahawks OL changed their gloves to match the opposing teams color jerseys? The NFL said that was illegal and a uniform violation. So I guess we need to use tinted footballs (colored is bad) to match the offensive teams jersey to make it fair for everyone?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:09 AM 12-06-2019
How is this thread not in DC yet?
[Reply]
notorious 10:10 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Cousins and Russell Wilson's numbers are virtually interchangeable.
It’s not always what they’ve done, it’s when they’ve done it.

Cousins is AIDS when it really counts, Wilson is a stone-cold killer.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:23 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
It’s not always what they’ve done, it’s when they’ve done it.

Cousins is AIDS when it really counts, Wilson is a stone-cold killer.
Russell Wilson is a really good version of Alex Smith. He is a game manager. Unlike Alex, he is more aggressive and has a better killer instinct. But I don't know... There just have been so many games in Russell's career where he puts up a blah performance when his run game and defense play well. The Brian Schottenheimer offense is built around your qb managing games.
[Reply]
notorious 10:32 AM 12-06-2019
Can’t disagree, Zilla. We’ve seen how Wilson does without an great defense. He is still very good but he’s not going to win titles.

Alex Smith has had elite defense to back him and still failed in the playoffs.

It’s all about being able to hit a killshot when the chips are down, not about amassing numbers against bad teams.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:06 PM 12-06-2019
It was a stupid thing to say because of how people today will react to it, not because it’s really mean spirited or offensive. A person working in media should know better than to ever talk about anyone’s skin tone.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:30 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
It was a stupid thing to say because of how people today will react to it, not because it’s really mean spirited or offensive. A person working in media should know better than to ever talk about anyone’s skin tone.
Anyone's?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:53 PM 12-06-2019
Saw an interesting tweet today about how Kirby smart attacks a qb like this. Uses something called a mesh charge.

I still kind of thing nfl coaches are often late adjusting to tendencies that college coaches see. I still feel like lamar can eventually be held in check but nfl coaches haven't adapted to him yet. There seems to be lots of ways to hit lamar and hit him hard that nfl DCs aren't willing to try.

Wonder how much of that might play into our approach. We have the unique experience of an experienced college DC on our staff.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:56 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I don't know why people can't see this.

Oh, wait... yes I do.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:36 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Being offended is a choice.
It wasn't a choice... I was born that way.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:23 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It wasn't a choice... I was born that way.
:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up