ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 583 of 3903
« First < 83483533573579580581582583 58458558658759363368310831583 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:08 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
not gonna turn this into a D.C thread but look who wrote that POS article.
How bout you make an argument based on the data given in the articke?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:08 PM 03-21-2020
So after being told I was off the next 2 weeks my manager called just now saying report Monday. I asked wtf is going on and they had no idea. This is annoying.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:09 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Not exactly. They are doing it so everyone doesn't get sick at once and overwhelm healthcare resources
Instead we will wreck people’s lives in other ways and pretend like we are the Soviet fucking Union telling people where they can and cannot go based on government agencies decisions on what is and is not necessary for our individual lives.

Sounds like a fair trade off.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:09 PM 03-21-2020
The last time I went to the store, no eggs, no cheese, no lunch meat. Now with the stay at home order, people are going to be hoarding like never before. How long before stores start limiting items so sane people can actually buy something that they need?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:09 PM 03-21-2020
can we talk about how this is the death of the EU or is that too political for this thread ?

Poland and the Czech Republic block masks and respirators from China and intended for Italy. These are the sovereigns, those who for nationalist selfishness violate not only the basic rules of the Single Market but also the human ones@ThierryBreton

— Nicola Danti (@DantiNicola) March 21, 2020

seems like lots of shit meant for italy is going missing all over the EU
[Reply]
wazu 05:10 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Holy shit....cliff notes?
There is a lot of data that suggests we are overreacting on a massive scale.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:11 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Thanks I will try that. Just being reading to many horror stories of getting this and going on a vent. I need to step away from all this I think and just go be a hermit. We need more good news..
the good news is happening right now. I’m sure it doesn’t feel that way, but, it is.

The vast majority of Americans are social distancing. They understand this necessity is the best and least painful way out of this mess. We just have to hope it started early enough that our hospitals don’t get swamped too bad.
[Reply]
2112 05:11 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The last time I went to the store, no eggs, no cheese, no lunch meat. Now with the stay at home order, people are going to be hoarding like never before. How long before stores start limiting items so sane people can actually buy something that they need?
Over here they only let 50 people in at a time. There’s a long ass line outside but there’s plenty in the store now.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:12 PM 03-21-2020
So I have real high anxiety right now about getting this virus but also economically. Should I start pulling money out the bank?
It's not a bad idea.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:13 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Instead we will wreck people’s lives in other ways and pretend like we are the Soviet ****ing Union telling people where they can and cannot go based on government agencies decisions on what is and is not necessary for our individual lives.

Sounds like a fair trade off.
what else can we do let it spread and see possible million + deaths ?

Americans are gonna have to learn to cope with this.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:15 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Sometimes you have to make the least awful choice in a barrel of awful choices.

If you let this run unchecked it will destroy the healthcare providers of this country. It takes years upon years to train them.

If you let this run unchecked hundreds of thousands of people will die. Some ID experts think it could be a couple million.

If you shutter the business, it will result in economic disaster. Millions will lose their jobs. People will be financially ruined. It's an awful, awful choice... but it's the best one we have.
Your posts are all spot on. I thank you for posting on this.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:15 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
can we talk about how this is the death of the EU or is that too political for this thread ?

seems like lots of shit meant for italy is going missing all over the EU

If that's true it could cause all kinds of bigger problems.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:15 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
There is a lot of data that suggests we are overreacting on a massive scale.
written by some one who has ulterior motives.

The rest of the world is shutting down if anything we are under reacting the numbers from Italy should be a warning to every western country.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:16 PM 03-21-2020
So I have real high anxiety right now about getting this virus but also economically. Should I start pulling money out the bank?
No its guaranteed. It is there.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:16 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
If that's true it could cause all kinds of bigger problems.
Germany did this

https://www.thelocal.ch/20200312/mask-hysteria

and also had masks stolen that were bound for italy.

all kinds of bullshit is going down in the EU
[Reply]
Page 583 of 3903
« First < 83483533573579580581582583 58458558658759363368310831583 > Last »
Up