ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 781 of 3903
« First < 281681731771777778779780781 78278378478579183188112811781 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:07 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've lost track of who is calculating what at this point. Who are you guys even talking about?
Ringleader stated on 3/24 that we could see 20,000 deaths by "next week," which means by roughly April 1. The question is did he mean in the US or globally.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:07 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Like I said, hopefully he'll clarify.
If he was talking globally he wasn't going out on a limb or anything
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:08 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Ringleader stated on 3/24 that we could see 20,000 deaths by "next week," which means by roughly April 1. The question is did he mean in the US or globally.
And given that there were 19,000 deaths globally when he made that prediction, it's clear he meant the U.S.
[Reply]
Donger 12:08 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If he was talking globally he wasn't going out on a limb or anything
Correct.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:08 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Hospitals are debating a universal “Do not Resuscitate” order for infected patients. If you code, your heart stops, they will just let the infected patient die or come back on their own. No effort to revive the patient.

The reason is when you try to revive patients, lots of fluid exposure from the patient occurs. That will only make the equipment shortage worse.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/hospi...-shortages.amp
“We are going to be coding dead people. It is a nightmare.”

That's the kind of person that is usually "coded"
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:09 PM 03-26-2020
Petes pumping sunshine for some reason. It's weird coming from him.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:11 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
just like everything else.

our health dept let us all know we have a positive case in the county yesterday but it's in no numbers anywhere as of yet...
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:11 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Missouri just bought $17 million in PPE. They've applied for federal relief as well.

Supply and supply chain issues are still being worked through. That isn't the same as 'not being addressed at all'.

Nobody is being ignored. People at all levels are pulling every lever they can find to create movement.

$17 million is a joke. If it surges in St Louis and KC they will burn through that in a week or less.

And yes I am pretty worried about this because my daughter will go into work tonight and incubate 10 more patients while they cough and spew viruses in her face with little or no PPE on.

Here is something that just came out in LA. They are day to day in supplies.

Originally Posted by :
As the coronavirus pandemic grows, hospital supplies at Southern California’s Cedars-Sinai Health Systems are day to day, according to the hospital's chief operating officer.

“It is hard to estimate because we are consuming more than we would baseline,” Dr. Jeff Smith told CNN.

Cedars-Sinai typically treats more than a million patients each year in more than 40 locations throughout the greater Los Angeles area.

[Reply]
Pablo 12:13 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I like that a Pete is the most pessimistic guy you'd ever find about the Chiefs, but is the most optimistic guy you'll find regarding this virus.

I don't know which Pete to believe.
If you see pete firmly taking one side on ANY issue, plant yourself on the opposite side and feel confident you're in the right.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:15 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
$17 million is a joke. If it surges in St Louis and KC they will burn through that in a week or less.

And yes I am pretty worried about this because my daughter will go into work tonight and incubate 10 more patients...
Is the virus causing premature births now?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:15 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
If you see pete firmly taking one side on ANY issue, plant yourself on the opposite side and feel confident you're in the right.
I am 100% confident that you are a super nice guy who never says anything bad about anyone or anything and are genuinely a joy to be around.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:15 PM 03-26-2020
Calm down people
[Reply]
petegz28 12:16 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Is the virus causing premature births now?
Only during the last 20 minutes of even hours
[Reply]
Donger 12:19 PM 03-26-2020
China will ban most foreigners from entering country

China will close its borders to most foreigners starting Saturday, the government announced Thursday, amid continued concerns over rising imported cases of novel coronavirus.

Foreign nationals currently holding Chinese visas or residency permits will be temporarily banned from entering the country until further notice, according to a statement from the foreign ministry and the national immigration authority.

The government is also suspending all visa-free transit and visa-on-landing programs. People holding diplomatic passports are exempted from the new rule.

Foreign nationals who must visit China out of necessity need to apply for new visas, and holders of Chinese visas issued after Thursday will be allowed into the country, the statement added.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:20 PM 03-26-2020

At this point, the amount of success I have personally experienced and seen with hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin is undeniable. However, it is no longer about saving lives. #coronacure #coronavirus #Hydroxychloroquine Her’s my FB post pic.twitter.com/rXXYGeXspD

— Dr Jay Calvert MD (@JayCalvertMD) March 26, 2020

[Reply]
Page 781 of 3903
« First < 281681731771777778779780781 78278378478579183188112811781 > Last »
Up