ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Drive A Jaguar?
philfree 02:22 PM 01-23-2021
I've always wanted a Jag and then with my new house unbelievably my 4 door Silverado wouldn't fit in my side of the garage. So I sold it and now I need to buy a car or a smaller truck. The wife drives a Tahoe so we're covered if it snows or need to haul a trailer. So I'm leaning sports car. I've had a Mustang 5.0, a Camaro Z-28, a Vette and a couple Cadillacs. Had '79 Ford Thunderbird with a 351. My wife mentioned getting a BMW but I was like okay but I've always wanted Jaguar.

I'm looking at a 2017 F-Type Convertible

Anybody have any experience with Jaguars?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:21 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
I currently drive a Jaguar F-Pace SUV as my everyday car i.e when I need to play catch the COVID lottery by running errands play.
I absolutely love the car. The car has superb handling, great acceleration and and is extremely comfortable.
I've driven it for two years and I've had one issue with it, which ended up costing me about $4K to fix. The brake rotors have a tendency to glaze over and I ended up having to have all of them replaced. The car had 25K miles on it.
My Chevy Avalanche has 267K miles on it and I think I've spent maybe $6K on repairs on it during that entire time.
You have to pay to play.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:23 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I have thought about trading in my 19 year old T-bird for a Jag but I still love driving it.
We own a T-Bird just like that. Ours is a POS and I wish I had never bought it.. I need to sell it
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:27 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
You have to pay to play.

So far they has been my only out of pocket expense with the car.
I test drove Audi, Porsche,BMW and kept coming back to the Jag.
To me, I just felt better driving it than the others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:03 AM 01-24-2021
I currently drive a Jaguar F-Pace SUV as my everyday car i.e when I need to play catch the COVID lottery by running errands play.
I absolutely love the car. The car has superb handling, great acceleration and and is extremely comfortable.
I've driven it for two years and I've had one issue with it, which ended up costing me about $4K to fix. The brake rotors have a tendency to glaze over and I ended up having to have all of them replaced. The car had 25K miles on it.
My Chevy Avalanche has 267K miles on it and I think I've spent maybe $6K on repairs on it during that entire time.
$4k to replace the brake rotors...? :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:09 AM 01-24-2021
No, but I've ridden a cougar once or twice
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:25 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
that was the other big reason for me turning away from the jag.

Like a supermodel - very beautiful to look and drive, but the maintenance will kill you.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:50 AM 01-24-2021

Yep. Needless to say I was quite shocked by the price

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:53 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
The 360 is a fantastic car.
:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:56 AM 01-24-2021
Yep. Needless to say I was quite shocked by the price

Uh, yeah, I would imagine. $2k for rotors would still be absurdly high, but that wouldn't surprise me. But $4k...I feel like a crime was committed there. And at that mileage no less. Is this something you're going to have plan on doing every 25k miles?
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:56 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
that was the other big reason for me turning away from the jag.

Like a supermodel - very beautiful to look and drive, but the maintenance will kill you.
I hope philfree is still paying attention.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:10 AM 01-24-2021
Uh, yeah, I would imagine. $2k for rotors would still be absurdly high, but that wouldn't surprise me. But $4k...I feel like a crime was committed there. And at that mileage no less. Is this something you're going to have plan on doing every 25k miles?

I sure as heck hope not.
I figure I’ll retire in the next year and will probably end up trading the car in on a Silverado. Go back to driving a truck again as I’ll need something to haul lumber on for my retirement honey do list

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:16 AM 01-24-2021
I sure as heck hope not.
I figure I’ll retire in the next year and will probably end up trading the car in on a Silverado. Go back to driving a truck again as I’ll need something to haul lumber on for my retirement honey do list

I traded my Ferrari in on a truck. It's much easier on the knees at my age. :-)
[Reply]
philfree 09:19 AM 01-24-2021
I hope philfree is still paying attention.
I'm still following along. The brake issue seems kind of strange. Sounds like more of an issue than brake wear. Sounds like it should have been a warranty issue.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 09:21 AM 01-24-2021

[Reply]
philfree 09:25 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Is that you?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up