ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Drive A Jaguar?
philfree 02:22 PM 01-23-2021
I've always wanted a Jag and then with my new house unbelievably my 4 door Silverado wouldn't fit in my side of the garage. So I sold it and now I need to buy a car or a smaller truck. The wife drives a Tahoe so we're covered if it snows or need to haul a trailer. So I'm leaning sports car. I've had a Mustang 5.0, a Camaro Z-28, a Vette and a couple Cadillacs. Had '79 Ford Thunderbird with a 351. My wife mentioned getting a BMW but I was like okay but I've always wanted Jaguar.

I'm looking at a 2017 F-Type Convertible

Anybody have any experience with Jaguars?
[Reply]
Stryker 09:09 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Tires are tires, brake pads are brake pads, rotors are rotors, and oil is oil.

Are you going to the dealer for service or something? If you want cheaper tires, buy cheaper tires. You don't have to put the OE Michelins on there. Oil is oil.....it's not like a 328 has some massive engine that takes a ton of oil...I mean how much does 5 or 6 quarts of 0w30 cost?
No I do not go to the dealership. I go to a foreign car shop here in town that is way cheaper. My point is it is more expensive to own than a domestic vehicle. The tires are Goodyear run flats since there is no spare tire. I get your point and yes you could absolutely go "cheaper".
[Reply]
loochy 09:14 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
No I do not go to the dealership. I go to a foreign car shop here in town that is way cheaper. My point is it is more expensive to own than a domestic vehicle. The tires are Goodyear run flats since there is no spare tire. I get your point and yes you could absolutely go "cheaper".
I own a 2016 M2 and I do my own maintenance because I refuse to pay the artificial markup just because it's a BMW...and believe me, it's entirely artificial. MFers wanted over $2k to put new Michelin Pilot Super Sports on....no thank you sir, Tire Rack will do just fine for me.

I don't use run flats and I don't have a spare. (Hint -if you want a smoother ride, ditch the run flats). The OE tires weren't run flats either. I buy my oil in 5q jugs at Walmart.

Sorry, not dissing you...I just get mad that people actually go along with the overcharging and it angers me.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:26 PM 01-23-2021
Just get a Porsche....a Jag is going to be at least as expensive to maintain.

Porsche's are spooky..definitely "ghost in the machine" with them. They have souls...at least the older one's did.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:34 PM 01-23-2021
My soon to be brother in law had a Jag he traded in a year or so ago. It was pretty slick and I never heard of any problems. He just traded it in because it was getting up there in miles and he was ready for something new.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 10:38 PM 01-23-2021
I have thought about trading in my 19 year old T-bird for a Jag but I still love driving it.
Attached: tbird.jpg (10.6 KB) 
[Reply]
RustShack 10:46 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I have thought about trading in my 19 year old T-bird for a Jag but I still love driving it.
Lol trade it.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:21 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I own a 2016 M2 and I do my own maintenance because I refuse to pay the artificial markup just because it's a BMW...and believe me, it's entirely artificial. MFers wanted over $2k to put new Michelin Pilot Super Sports on....no thank you sir, Tire Rack will do just fine for me.

I don't use run flats and I don't have a spare. (Hint -if you want a smoother ride, ditch the run flats). The OE tires weren't run flats either. I buy my oil in 5q jugs at Walmart.

Sorry, not dissing you...I just get mad that people actually go along with the overcharging and it angers me.
Brother it's all good. I feel you but I do not have the time to "DIY". I drop it off maybe once a year and it is taken care of. I was just trying to be kind to the OP that's all. We good! :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:28 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Just get a Porsche....a Jag is going to be at least as expensive to maintain.

Porsche's are spooky..definitely "ghost in the machine" with them. They have souls...at least the older one's did.
Hunks of metal don't have souls. You have watched too many movies.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I was referring to pickups, but I suppose SUVs aren't any better. And I'm not sure there's an SUV that I would rather have than that GC. It's a decent compact size but it can still tow, it's one of the last with the solid front axle and the 4.0 I6 and Selec-trac. It's simple, utilitarian but still comfortable. And it's 18 yrs old with nearly 200k and has no rust. I love the damn thing but I've been fighting electrical issues in it for the past few months and it's maddening.
Pickups are probably worse.

Honestly, if you're going to buy a pickup, the buy (pre-COVID - I have no idea what prices have done since) was a new one as long as you put some miles on. And who wants to do that?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:58 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Hunks of metal don't have souls. You have watched too many movies.
I'm not even a gear head and I completely disagree with you. Some vehicles, including high end sports cars, are completely joyless hunks of metal but others... others are more than just a machine. They become your friend and companion. You get in tune with their little idiosyncrasies and they truly have a "personality".
[Reply]
D.A.P. 05:00 AM 01-24-2021
I don’t own a Jag but I did stay at a Holiday Express last night.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 05:01 AM 01-24-2021
Current sports car is a vette.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:05 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
The later ones are among the most affordable out there, the bubble back window models of the late 70s and early 80s are the most reviled for some reason, but I'd take one in a heartbeat. I've always loved the two tone paint scheme of the 78 silver anniversary model.

I had a '79 and it was a fun car. The 'vettes from 73-82 were slow as dog shit though.
I ended up putting some headers, edelbrock intake and a Holly carb on mine and picked up about 50HP immediately. Car became 100x more fun after that.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:10 AM 01-24-2021
I currently drive a Jaguar F-Pace SUV as my everyday car i.e when I need to play catch the COVID lottery by running errands play.
I absolutely love the car. The car has superb handling, great acceleration and and is extremely comfortable.
I've driven it for two years and I've had one issue with it, which ended up costing me about $4K to fix. The brake rotors have a tendency to glaze over and I ended up having to have all of them replaced. The car had 25K miles on it.
My Chevy Avalanche has 267K miles on it and I think I've spent maybe $6K on repairs on it during that entire time.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:21 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Back in the day when I was going through my midlife crisis, I had a Ferrari 360 which was so fantastic to drive.

Never had a Jag. Nice car though.
The 360 is a fantastic car.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up