ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Drive A Jaguar?
philfree 02:22 PM 01-23-2021
I've always wanted a Jag and then with my new house unbelievably my 4 door Silverado wouldn't fit in my side of the garage. So I sold it and now I need to buy a car or a smaller truck. The wife drives a Tahoe so we're covered if it snows or need to haul a trailer. So I'm leaning sports car. I've had a Mustang 5.0, a Camaro Z-28, a Vette and a couple Cadillacs. Had '79 Ford Thunderbird with a 351. My wife mentioned getting a BMW but I was like okay but I've always wanted Jaguar.

I'm looking at a 2017 F-Type Convertible

Anybody have any experience with Jaguars?
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:28 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Buy a classic (with an LS swap), brakes etc.
Might as well buy a Corvette then. :-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:30 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Fiberglass panels are a small price to pay for a lightweight screaming machine :-)

My dream car is a 71 in Mulsanne Blue, those sleek and sexy curves will never go out of style... juice up the horsepower, modernize the suspension, and its all I ever really wanted

https://images.app.goo.gl/mPJYcoCzkjnuiXS57
The chrome bumper C3s are some of the most desirable Corvettes and they go for sick money these days.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:33 PM 01-23-2021
Back in the day when I was going through my midlife crisis, I had a Ferrari 360 which was so fantastic to drive.

Never had a Jag. Nice car though.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:37 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Might as well buy a Corvette then. :-)
too many other options.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:37 PM 01-23-2021
The chrome bumper C3s are some of the most desirable Corvettes and they go for sick money these days.
I would definitely settle for a mid 70's model in that color, my tastes are a bit more humble than big money collectors editions... used to know a guy who had exactly that to sell

Bit of a fixer upper but I was head over heels anyway, those long curves and sparkly blue paintjob called out to me like a sirensong... but the timing just wasn't there
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:49 PM 01-23-2021
Why would you or anyone else want a vehicle made by Tata motors? It is basically a Daewoo. Fuck no
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:50 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I would definitely settle for a mid 70's model in that color, my tastes are a bit more humble than big money collectors editions... used to know a guy who had exactly that to sell

Bit of a fixer upper but I was head over heels anyway, those long curves and sparkly blue paintjob called out to me like a sirensong... but the timing just wasn't there
The later ones are among the most affordable out there, the bubble back window models of the late 70s and early 80s are the most reviled for some reason, but I'd take one in a heartbeat. I've always loved the two tone paint scheme of the 78 silver anniversary model.

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:02 PM 01-23-2021
The later ones are among the most affordable out there, the bubble back window models of the late 70s and early 80s are the most reviled for some reason, but I'd take one in a heartbeat. I've always loved the two tone paint scheme of the 78 silver anniversary model.

That is absolutely gorgeous, warming up to the bubble back is tough sledding tho
[Reply]
vailpass 08:22 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
I've always wanted a Jag and then with my new house unbelievably my 4 door Silverado wouldn't fit in my side of the garage. So I sold it and now I need to buy a car or a smaller truck. The wife drives a Tahoe so we're covered if it snows or need to haul a trailer. So I'm leaning sports car. I've had a Mustang 5.0, a Camaro Z-28, a Vette and a couple Cadillacs. Had '79 Ford Thunderbird with a 351. My wife mentioned getting a BMW but I was like okay but I've always wanted Jaguar.

I'm looking at a 2017 F-Type Convertible

Anybody have any experience with Jaguars?
Be ready to have a car that will spend a lot of time in the shop.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
That's why I never buy brand new car. A new Jag like that one cost over $100 grand. This 2017 is less than $60 grand but it's like new. That's the way I bought my last two vehicles. The 2016 pickup I just sold I bought with 17,000 miles on it and paid $31,700.00. If the wife hadn't ran over the neighbors brick mailbox I could have sold it for that. As it turned out the insurance paid me $4,050.00 on the claim and I sold it to my buddy for $25,000.00. The used pickup market is crazy.
Yeah. I’d be driving like a 4 year old Buick. I think you underestimate my cheapassness.

Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That ain't no shit. Looked at getting a cheap truck for house projects and quickly nope'd on that shit. Not paying $12,000 for a 27 year old truck that's pure rust (ad: minimal rust, garage kept!).

If I need a truck for something I'll rent one at Home Depot.
Yeah. People will pay through the fucking nose for the pickups with 90K that I’ve beat the holy hell out of.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:44 PM 01-23-2021
That is a gorgeous car and I get it but, I have a co-worker who had one until engine problems. They told him he would need a new engine - he wasn't willing to part with the $$$ so he got rid of it. Like one of the other posters stated, the price of the car is only the price of admission. If you are going to buy a "nice" car, be prepared for the cost of repairs. We have a 2013 BMW 328i and I think it is the best ride vehicle hands down. It is truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. However, it is costly to own. Tires, brakes, rotors, oil changes, had to replace my coolant tank. Plus you have to use premium gas which is around $36 a tank here. So just think it out. Like another poster stated consider the BMW M6. That car is incredible and very nice looking. Another option is an M5 both super nice just dig around and see what your options are before you commit. The ONLY reason why we purchased our BMW is because a good friend of my wife's daughter went to college and got a DWI so daddy took the car back and sold it to us for what he owed on it $23,000. I have a credit union so I financed through them. The car was worth $39,000 at the time. Hope this helps.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:50 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I’d be driving like a 4 year old Buick. I think you underestimate my cheapassness.

Yeah. People will pay through the fucking nose for the pickups with 90K that I’ve beat the holy hell out of.
My Grand Cherokee is starting to have issues piling up, and the wife told me I should just go buy another truck. I cringed at thought of it.
[Reply]
loochy 08:53 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Tires, brakes, rotors, oil changes, had to replace my coolant tank.

Tires are tires, brake pads are brake pads, rotors are rotors, and oil is oil.

Are you going to the dealer for service or something? If you want cheaper tires, buy cheaper tires. You don't have to put the OE Michelins on there. Oil is oil.....it's not like a 328 has some massive engine that takes a ton of oil...I mean how much does 5 or 6 quarts of 0w30 cost?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:54 PM 01-23-2021
My Grand Cherokee is starting to have issues piling up, and the wife told me I should just go buy another truck. I cringed at thought of it.
Yeah. They’re insane. The old Trail Blazer the wife was driving to the farm was on its deathbed so I found a 2012 Yukon XL Denali with 109K for 20. That was the best deal around man.

She liked the Yukon so we bought her a 2018 short one with 38K for like 48. :-)

The farm rig was the far better deal.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:06 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. They’re insane. The old Trail Blazer the wife was driving to the farm was on its deathbed so I found a 2012 Yukon XL Denali with 109K for 20. That was the best deal around man.

She liked the Yukon so we bought her a 2018 short one with 38K for like 48. :-)

The farm rig was the far better deal.
I was referring to pickups, but I suppose SUVs aren't any better. And I'm not sure there's an SUV that I would rather have than that GC. It's a decent compact size but it can still tow, it's one of the last with the solid front axle and the 4.0 I6 and Selec-trac. It's simple, utilitarian but still comfortable. And it's 18 yrs old with nearly 200k and has no rust. I love the damn thing but I've been fighting electrical issues in it for the past few months and it's maddening.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up