ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>"He thinks he's the football version of a Harlem Globetrotter"
Nzoner 09:56 AM 01-28-2020
:-) Skip,Skip

[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:48 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The question is why be butthurt over what is clearly just clickbait?
Skip and others like him fall into the "people you love to hate" catagory. It's fun to share their dumbassery. You are right in that we shouldn't get mad. Just take it for what it is and move on with your life
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Skip and others like him fall into the "people you love to hate" catagory. It's fun to share their dumbassery. You are right in that we shouldn't get mad. Just take it for what it is and move on with your life
Anybody that says "yeah, I said it!" can immediately be discounted.

If the fact that you said a thing is the strongest argument in favor of said thing, perhaps just...don't say it.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:50 AM 01-28-2020

[Reply]
R Clark 11:51 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Personally when I do watch their show it's for entertainment.
I’d rather have my finger nails pulled off for entertainment than watch that shit show. I’ve tried to watch it just can’t ever get through a full show .
[Reply]
YontsRBake 11:52 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
When you're seen as being less smart than Shannon Sharpe, you need to rethink your life philosophy.
I know we’re supposed to hate him for life but I’ve found myself to like him more than Tony G in his post-playing career. He appears to actually support the Chiefs more, which is sad.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:53 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I’d rather have my finger nails pulled off for entertainment than watch that shit show. I’ve tried to watch it just can’t ever get through a full show .
If KC wasn't in the SB my viewing of it would be very very limited.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:54 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Nobody watches the full show. We just watch 5 minute youtube clips.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:56 AM 01-28-2020
I've said this before, but here it is again.

People take a dump on ESPN, and yes, they have their fair share of clowns, but they essentially invented the sports debate show with PTI, and that remains to this day the best discussion show out there. It's quick, the topics vary (unlike Skip and Shannon's daily cycle of "Who's the MVP? What are the Cowboys up to? Is Lebron better than MJ?") and the hosts don't have any axes to grind.

Mike Wilbon is a Chicago sports fan, but he's the kind of fan that isn't going to gloat or get a full head when things are going well. Hell, when the Cubs won the World Series, he sounded just like one of us-- gracious, emotional... and still somehow pissed off! They approach each topic one at a time, and if you hate one of their opinions for a segment or topic, you're bound to find something you agree with or like in another segment, because they're real human beings just having a prepared sports conversation. Tony Kornheiser may not be all that knowledgeable, but where the show succeeds is when you put the two together because they have great chemistry from their years as journalists AND for doing this thing for over 20 years.

So there is a case where you DON'T have dumbasses saying whatever just to get attention and a rise out of people. And it's very successful. Winner of multiple Emmys. Easily digestible for any sports fan. Hell, they even talk golf, tennis, and hockey. And NOT just about Tiger Woods or the Williams sisters, either.

FS1 clearly has their idea of what makes good sports TV, and they probably do get better ratings than ESPN's 4:30pm central block of 30 minutes of PTI. But are FS1 shows like Skip and Shannon? Not even close. And it's also proof that you CAN be an entertaining sports talk show without being annoying or scripted.
[Reply]
redfan 12:06 PM 01-28-2020
Is that bad? Should he not think that?

Psychic Skip should get ahold of Miss Cleo and see if he can monetize this newfound talent!
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:20 PM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I've always hated Skip. He's a forking idiot.
He has been one of the biggest supporters of Patrick Mahomes II I can't hate him no more and he dismantles Skip Bayless even though that wouldn't be hard it's fun to watch.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:25 PM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I know that Skip is just being a total hyperbolic contrarian for the sake of attention and
Mmmm

clicks. I'd almost be willing to bet that he's likely, at worst, indifferent to Mahomes. That said, his takes are so bad and so over the top wrong it pisses me off. He's like that friend I have who is from Wichita, lives in KC, and is a Cowboys fan because "they're only 5 hours from Wichita." GMAFB. Hates the Chiefs because because.
Mmm, hhhmmmm

Skip is no different.
No different, . . . mmmmm.

He has no real, legitimate reason to sh*t all over what Mahomes has done. Mahomes is doing things that have never been done...ever. And maybe it's a threat to Cowboys fans (or whoever) because he's not on their team. Backhanded complements likening Mahomes to the Globetrotters is just weak sauce.
Mmm, weak sauce huh, . . hmmmm
If Skip were being honest, he couldn't find one thing to criticize Mahomes for. Any legitimate breakdown of Mahomes' game, his approach, his vision, and everything every other coach says about him contradicts something like a f**king Globetrotters comparison.

Seriously, how disingenuous is that? He doesn't mean it. He knows Mahomes is the future. He sees and does things that few, if any, can see or do. And Skip's either (a) jealous, (b) pushing a company-mandated view, or (c) both.

If Skip were anything more than the contrarian anti-Chiefs friend that we all have, he'd actually recognize that he's witnessing greatness and not a basketball player throwing up trick shots.
HMMMMMMMM
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:30 PM 01-28-2020
Oh i've called them the Kansas City Harlem Globetrotters in game day threads

So Skip stole that from me
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:32 PM 01-28-2020
Skip is so hypocritical it's off the charts. Lamar is going be MVP this year yada yada but then says who won the Super Bowl last year. Well who is going to the Super Bowl LIV? it's not Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:33 PM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Mmmm

Mmm, hhhmmmm

No different, . . . mmmmm.

Mmm, weak sauce huh, . . hmmmm

HMMMMMMMM

[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:00 PM 01-28-2020
Skip Clueless: Dak was better than Mahomes

https://youtu.be/GsKrqy0au3A