ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>"He thinks he's the football version of a Harlem Globetrotter"
Nzoner 09:56 AM 01-28-2020
:-) Skip,Skip

[Reply]
stevieray 11:14 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Poor Skip. Having to invent new ways to hate on the most sensational superstar in the NFL.
...and that's putting it lightly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:14 AM 01-28-2020
Poor Skip. Having to invent new ways to hate on the most sensational superstar in the NFL.
Get ready for the “It wasn’t Mahomes....it was the 49ers defense collapsing” argument after we win.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:16 AM 01-28-2020
Him and Eric Mangini.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:18 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Desperate for those Super Bowl week clicks... and CP keeps giving him loads of them
Yes, we should all go hide in our closets and not enjoy the week leading up to our first Superbowl in 50 years.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:18 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I know that Skip is just being a total hyperbolic contrarian for the sake of attention and clicks. I'd almost be willing to bet that he's likely, at worst, indifferent to Mahomes. That said, his takes are so bad and so over the top wrong it pisses me off. He's like that friend I have who is from Wichita, lives in KC, and is a Cowboys fan because "they're only 5 hours from Wichita." GMAFB. Hates the Chiefs because because.

Skip is no different. He has no real, legitimate reason to sh*t all over what Mahomes has done. Mahomes is doing things that have never been done...ever. And maybe it's a threat to Cowboys fans (or whoever) because he's not on their team. Backhanded complements likening Mahomes to the Globetrotters is just weak sauce. If Skip were being honest, he couldn't find one thing to criticize Mahomes for. Any legitimate breakdown of Mahomes' game, his approach, his vision, and everything every other coach says about him contradicts something like a f**king Globetrotters comparison.

Seriously, how disingenuous is that? He doesn't mean it. He knows Mahomes is the future. He sees and does things that few, if any, can see or do. And Skip's either (a) jealous, (b) pushing a company-mandated view, or (c) both.

If Skip were anything more than the contrarian anti-Chiefs friend that we all have, he'd actually recognize that he's witnessing greatness and not a basketball player throwing up trick shots.
Comes down to these 3 guys that Skip has been fellating for years. Mahomes is a threat to all of them in different ways:

1. Tom Brady
2. Baker Mayfield
3. Deshaun Watson
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:18 AM 01-28-2020
Meh, that shit is all choreographed. Someone had to be the dumbass in that scenario, and while it was close, Skip drew the short straw.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 01-28-2020
Dude said Dak Prescott was a better long-term bet than Patrick Mahomes despite being older, more experienced and already inferior.

I think Skip is an idiot but even I will acknowledge that he doesn't believe that.

The hosts on the 'debate' shows aren't to be taken seriously. Now when they bring an analyst in there (or some washed athlete) to say shit like "Shanahan's gonna drop a half a hundred on that defense..." then you can call THAT guy a fucksmoke because you know he believes it.

But when it's a guy who long ago went from journalist to entertainer and simply needs to fill 15 hours of airtime/wk, you're better served ignoring him.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:23 AM 01-28-2020
If only I cared about what some flamming beta male thinks about football.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:26 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But when it's a guy who long ago went from journalist to entertainer and simply needs to fill 15 hours of airtime/wk, you're better served ignoring him.
Personally when I do watch their show it's for entertainment.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:30 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Yes, we should all go hide in our closets and not enjoy the week leading up to our first Superbowl in 50 years.
The question is why be butthurt over what is clearly just clickbait?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:32 AM 01-28-2020
How many times are people going to tell everyone it's just entertainment?

Of course it is. It was fun to hate Frank Burns on MASH, too. Nobody thought it was real. Let us enjoy our hate for Skip.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 01-28-2020
I once saw Bayless arguing defense with a dude that played in that style of defense for a decade. The guy says something like "man, I know the pickup there because I played in that style of defense for 10 years...." and Bayless responds "I WATCHED basketball for 30..." before the two of them barked back and forth for another couple of minutes. Steven A Smith was visibly irritated by the two of them and when the player tries to get Smith to simply change the topic, Bayless drops "Don't go asking him for help!" as though he'd somehow won the day with his "yeah but I watch basketball" comment...

Bayless is a clown.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:34 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
How many times are people going to tell everyone it's just entertainment?

Of course it is. It was fun to hate Frank Burns on MASH, too. Nobody thought it was real. Let us enjoy our hate for Skip.
Hell, enjoy it all you want. I read a lot of fiction, so I know the drill.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:34 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Get ready for the “It wasn’t Mahomes....it was the 49ers defense collapsing” argument after we win.

He complained about the Titans only rushing three a lot and so after this one he will complain that they only rushed four guys a lot and say he blames the defense for not doing more which was obvious to him. That’s how he will spin it to make himself look good and blame the defense instead of giving Mahomes credit.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:41 AM 01-28-2020
Skip sucks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up