ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Don't call tyrann Mathieu the honey badger
chiefzilla1501 09:58 AM 01-26-2020
All hail the landlord

This story is great. Terez knocks is out of the park once again.
https://sports.yahoo.com/how-tyrann-...224432163.html
[Reply]
BWillie 02:26 PM 01-26-2020
"Rent is due" - great quote. I fucking love it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:37 PM 01-26-2020
People here would be freaking out if they got the assclown version of Matthau. No since Veech got his nuts dipped in Yost Devil magic everything is going as planned
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:47 PM 01-26-2020
Yeah I read this on yahoo over coffee yesterday morning

You gotta love Mathieu, this guy overcame a real shit childhood to become a very good man... not to mention he’s a defensive Goliath who’s no bigger than me

Incredible
[Reply]
eDave 04:38 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Hadn't really heard his reasoning behind the nickname. Definitely seems fitting.
I heard him say once that he didn't get it either. But is rolling with it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:40 PM 01-26-2020
Giners say T-Math is hard, let's shop!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:29 PM 01-26-2020
Why do little tough guys not like little tough guy nicknames? Honey Badger wants to be called Landlord. The Termite wants to be called D-Train. But hey, I'm just glad they're Chiefs.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:05 AM 01-27-2020
I think Landlord is abetter nickname for Mahomes because HE GONNA GET ALL THE MONEY BY THE 3RD OF NEXT MONTH!
[Reply]
Lzen 09:33 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Agreed. Although, with all due respect to Veach, let's not get carried away with the salary cap being better now. Because it's really not. Veach has had the benefit of a quarterback on a rookie contract to give him extra room. But the salary cap is kinda scary moving forward now that Mahomes is about to get paid. Hitchens and Watkins were overpaid. But we had that luxury because of the Mahomes deal. Clark has a huge cap number, as does Mathieu. Jones deserves a huge contract, but I'm not sure how the team can manage to pay it. They have to spend a lot of money this off-season. We have to add or retain 2-3 corners. We have to replace 1-2 wide receivers, at least 2 linebackers. And we have no cap space. It's going to take some creative cap maneuvering to make all of that come together. Sure, Watkins can be cut and restructured. And there are some other moves to be made. Now is when we will see if Veach is better at the cap than Dorsey.
I think Veach is better than Dorsey with regards to the cap because he gave guys like Hitch and Watkins only 3-year contracts. Plus, he doesn't give ridiculous contracts to old veterans on the team that are on the downside of their careers.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:47 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Why do little tough guys not like little tough guy nicknames? Honey Badger wants to be called Landlord. The Termite wants to be called D-Train. But hey, I'm just glad they're Chiefs.
Same reason they buy big ass trucks they have to jump into. Landlord seems like a terrible nickname. If he goes broke after football it opens the door to slumlord. Always gotta be thinking abut the future.

Here's to hoping his little man syndrome helps him break it off in a 9'er or two though. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 01-27-2020
Last year, I didn't want this guy. Saw him get beat too much over the top and really wanted a true free safety.

Man was I wrong.

First, the Chiefs don't ask him to play a lot of deep coverage, at least not consistently, so they mask possibly his only weakness.

Second, this guy brings leadership in spades. He's the perfect compliment to Mahomes on the defensive side of the ball.

I love Tyrann Mathieu. His contribution to this year's team can't be understated.
[Reply]
CityOfKansas 11:46 AM 01-27-2020
According to Wikipedia, "Despite its name, the honey badger does not closely resemble other badger species; instead, it bears more anatomical similarities to weasels." So... I would not say Tyrann is a weasel. The new "Landlord" is way better.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:49 AM 01-27-2020
I bet he gets at least 1 interception this weekend off turnover-prone Jimmy Grapes.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 03:03 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I bet he gets at least 1 interception this weekend off turnover-prone Jimmy Grapes.
I get more of a strip-sack vibe from Jimmy G, maybe that's just me.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:27 PM 01-27-2020
I still think Honey Badger is more fitting.

Small, aggressive and not scared of shit.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:34 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I still think Honey Badger is more fitting.

Small, aggressive and not scared of shit.
I still like it, but I get where he's coming from.

HB = Single animal that is relentless despite its size
Landlord = Guy who manages the whole operation
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up