ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio implies that the 49ers should cheap shot Mahomes
Mecca 02:37 PM 01-22-2020

At 7:40, he says 15 yards is worth it and basically says they should take cheap shots if he runs to send a message and knock him out of the game...wow wtf?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:52 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A) Florio is a monumental piece of shit.

B) He's not really saying anything we haven't said about guys who are the focal point of their teams for a long time.

He didn't exactly say to hit him illegally - he said don't do what the Titans did and pull up out of fear of getting a penalty. Err on the side of aggression, essentially.

Remember when Speaks let go of Brady and said it was because he was afraid of a penalty and we all called him an idiot? Because he was an idiot? I think that's probably how he meant what he said there, especially when considered in context of the conversation with King. He's saying hit the guy any chance you get - just as we said w/ Derrick Henry. He didn't say hurt him, he didn't say cheap shot him. He said do everything you can to make him aware that it's gonna be a long day.

Don't get me wrong - I'd still be fine with him being cast into an AIDS pit, but less because of that than just his overall dickishness.
No, this piece of shit said if he's on the sideline or starting his slide... He's a ****head.
[Reply]
wazu 03:05 PM 01-22-2020
Mahomes is pretty good at not giving many opportunities for a big hit. He has a good sense of everything going on during a play, including best angles to take, location of defenders, how fast they're moving, etc. That run on Sunday was amazing. He needs to not do that again though unless game is truly on the line. Get down, get out of bounds, etc. Don't give them chances for cheap shots.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:07 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A) Florio is a monumental piece of shit.

B) He's not really saying anything we haven't said about guys who are the focal point of their teams for a long time.

He didn't exactly say to hit him illegally - he said don't do what the Titans did and pull up out of fear of getting a penalty. Err on the side of aggression, essentially.

Remember when Speaks let go of Brady and said it was because he was afraid of a penalty and we all called him an idiot? Because he was an idiot? I think that's probably how he meant what he said there, especially when considered in context of the conversation with King. He's saying hit the guy any chance you get - just as we said w/ Derrick Henry. He didn't say hurt him, he didn't say cheap shot him. He said do everything you can to make him aware that it's gonna be a long day.

Don't get me wrong - I'd still be fine with him being cast into an AIDS pit, but less because of that than just his overall dickishness.
Worked pretty well against Cam Newton in SB50.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:10 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I thought Florio was going to stop covering the NFL?
I was about to ask that same question. It seems that he has decided to continue covering the NFL in the most incompetent manner possible.

I propose that we blacklist Florio and his employer until they hire a competent and ethical person in his stead.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:11 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Worked pretty well against Cam Newton in SB50.
Yea our QB is not a pussy like Cam Newton...
[Reply]
Spott 03:12 PM 01-22-2020
I’ve never heard of him, but I’d pay to see someone cheap shot this Florio guy right in the balls.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 03:16 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I’ve never heard of him, but I’d pay to see someone cheap shot this Florio guy right in the balls.
That'll take some US Airforce-like pinpoint precision. Not a big target, TBH. Kinda like dropping a bomb on an ant.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 03:20 PM 01-22-2020
The one guy on GMFB, Kyle, was saying something similar. Kept saying the niners needed to decleat Mahomes to send a message. I had to rewind the video feed to make sure I heard things correctly.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 01-22-2020
Closer to the 8 minute mark.

That's kind of sleazy, IMO. Play hard, play to the edge, sure, but to tell your defense, "try to hurt this guy if you get a shot even if he's out of bounds or has given himself up," is beyond trying to find an edge.
[Reply]
wazu 03:27 PM 01-22-2020
Seeing a lot of outrage here. I'm sure none of you have ever had similar thoughts about John Elway or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 03:27 PM 01-22-2020
Someone needs to cheap shot Flori-zero
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:28 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Seeing a lot of outrage here. I'm sure none of you have ever had similar thoughts about John Elway or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
I'm sure none of us have had a platform on NBC to voice those kind of thoughts.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:30 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Closer to the 8 minute mark.

That's kind of sleazy, IMO. Play hard, play to the edge, sure, but to tell your defense, "try to hurt this guy if you get a shot even if he's out of bounds or has given himself up," is beyond trying to find an edge.
Haven't watched it but that is Bountygate type of thought patterns.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:34 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
There's a Grand Canyon size gap between fans yelling stupid things at a TV, or typing emotional things on the internet, and a DC telling his defense to purposefully take cheap shots, to even invite roughing foul flags, in an effort to try to hurt another player.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:37 PM 01-22-2020
Reminds me of Bounty Gate. MF should be suspended by the NFL for one year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up