ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How does our Defense personnel adjust to stop Henry?
chiefzilla1501 02:09 PM 01-14-2020
What adjustments do we make to stop Henry? Even with a healthy Chris jones, we would want a heavier dose of Saunders, Pennel, and suggs anyway, right? Probably see Ragland in on a lot more snaps?
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:11 PM 01-14-2020
Basketball hoop in the Titans lockeroom?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 01-14-2020
start dirty dan
[Reply]
Hoover 02:12 PM 01-14-2020
The best thing we can do is have a rotation and keep these guys fresh.

We need Jones because we need all the bodies we got.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:12 PM 01-14-2020
Pennel, Suggs, and Ragland - yes.

More HB at the line alá EB.

Attack the LOS, make him go sideways. Hold your water. Everyone DO THEIR JOB, KEEP YOUR ASSIGNMENTS and DON'T get caught looking in the backfield/biting on play fakes.

We got this.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:13 PM 01-14-2020
What I'd do is...

Rotate Saunders, Pennel, Nnadi, and Williams on the interior spots.
Jones and Suggs rotating at LDE.
Ragland, Wilson, and Hitchens at LB.
Sorensen at SS playing down in the box the entire game
Mathieu playing single high

Make Tannehill beat you because I really don't think he can.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:14 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
What I'd do is...

Rotate Saunders, Pennel, Nnadi, and Williams on the interior spots.
Jones and Suggs rotating at LDE.
Ragland, Wilson, and Hitchens at LB.
Sorensen at SS playing down in the box the entire game
Mathieu playing single high

Make Tannehill beat you because I really don't think he can.
Good plan.

Question - can you spy or shadow a RB? Just wonder if that's what Dan should do.
[Reply]
Fish 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
Oxford 02:16 PM 01-14-2020
You have to have people in the backfield before he gets a head of steam. The only other idea is to stop the long gainers. He is going to get his yards. Now if someone tackles him and puts a knee into a calf or quad muscle, that would be the "Raider Way". I would play a 5 man line and dare Tannehill to beat us. Another approach would be to play the "Bear" defense. It was fine for stopping the run but really limited against passing attacks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:16 PM 01-14-2020
Saunders, Pennel, and Williams barely even played against the Texans. Less than 15 snaps a piece. Need a heavy dose of them big boys up front.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:17 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Good plan.

Question - can you spy or shadow a RB? Just wonder if that's what Dan should do.
Dirty dans been doing a bit of that this year. I think Dorian odaniel came out of hiding to do some spy on DeShaun last week too.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:19 PM 01-14-2020
Channeling my inner Dick Vermeil, outside of the 68 yd td run he had they did a pretty decent job against him.

I agree though what others have suggested above.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:21 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Oxford:
You have to have people in the backfield before he gets a head of steam. The only other idea is to stop the long gainers. He is going to get his yards. Now if someone tackles him and puts a knee into a calf or quad muscle, that would be the "Raider Way". I would play a 5 man line and dare Tannehill to beat us. Another approach would be to play the "Bear" defense. It was fine for stopping the run but really limited against passing attacks.
Probably fine but keep in mind that tannehill did reasonably well against new orleans without Derrick Henry. I want to be a little careful about underestimating tannehill. But I agree that if they beat us on a play I'd rather it be through aggressive chunk passing plays.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:23 PM 01-14-2020
Need to bracket AJ Brown. Do the best you can to nullify him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:24 PM 01-14-2020
I have no idea. But I'd bet on a stack of $100 6 feet high that Spags has some ideas.

In a general strategic sense, I'd guess that Spags is going to sell out to stop Henry early in the game. That he's going to run some type of run blitz scheme and try to keep Henry contained. Give up 4-5 yards/play, but not give up the big gainer. Don't let Henry get to the second level untouched.

IO don't know how long we can keep that up though. Tannehill may not be elite, but he can throw, and he's not scared to pull the trigger downfield. So we're going to have to be pretty tight on the back-end. Can't let Tannehill drop 40 yard dimes on us just because we want to stop Henry.

I think Spags is going to have to run a shit-ton of disguises; try to get Tannehill to make some mistakes. Show blitz, maybe Tannehill audibles out of the run, and our secondary does it's switcheroo thing and gets a pick or at least defenses the pass. Make them punt.

Hell, maybe that was Spags thoughts for the first game and why he took the other guy over Pennel. Wanted the pass rusher, and hoped he could get enough stops on Henry long enough for Andy and Pat to put up a good lead.

Anyway, like I said, I don't know, but I trust in Spags.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:26 PM 01-14-2020
He is going to get yards.. hopefully limit him to 100-125 yds... stay home and gang tackle his cutback runs... get 3 stops a half and score off of those stops.. make them play catch-up...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up