ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Texan fan game thread
jerryaldini 10:26 PM 01-13-2020
I posted this in the Titans forum thread but thought it deserved its own thread. Having lived in Houston as a Chief fan during the Warren Moon years I wanted to see how the Houston fans reacted to the game. These fans have suffered even more than Chiefs fans, and there’s a huge because Houston vibe with several memorable meltdowns, including the largest in playoff history.

They haven’t seen their team even make the AFCCG since consecutive losses to the Steelers in 78-79 with Dan Pastorini as QB, and not before that (only titles were 60-61 AFL). Despite seven consecutive years of playoffs behind HOFer Moon, they never made it out of the divisional round. Their last shot with Moon was against the Chiefs in 93, the year after the Frank Reich game, when Montana led the Chiefs’ last best playoff comeback until yesterday. The Oilers were a 12-win team coming off the bye. Then the franchise moves to TN and within three years goes to the SB. I feel for these guys.

After last year’s AFCCG, it’s cathartic to be on the other side and see such similar emotions. Page 33 is the Hardman return. Before that they are in as much shock as we were. Within 15 minutes it becomes because Houston and Frank Reich memories. It’s worth a read.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...303106/page-33
[Reply]
Sorce 03:14 PM 01-14-2020
Half of the pats thread was they just called x penalty, y they no call it on KC when we played them.
[Reply]
notorious 03:19 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
My favorite post on the Texans GDT was the one posted after the Chiefs scored a TD on the first drive of the 2nd half. It said something like "BOB's entire game plan adjustment at the half was to stop Kelce. It's not his fault the Chiefs held Kelce out." :-)

I had no idea the Texans fans hated Mahomes so much. I figured they would like him since is a Texas guy and all. I guess they are worried that he is going to outshine Watson?
We traded in front of them and stole Mahomes right from under their noses. Remember the disappointment in the Texans war room when it happened? :-)

They are reminded every game of how close the were to greatness at QB.
[Reply]
rtmike 03:22 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I read every post of the Houston and Pats threads.

Just f-ing LMFAO at the Pats Fans' conspiracy theories. Like rats screaming at each other in the cargo hold of the Titanic.

As I was reading the Pats thread, I’d finally had enough of one poster so I planned on registering to insert some “truth links”.
I went back to see who this member was that deserved my attention and realized a whole bunch of ‘em use the same avatar.

So, I thought it to be a lost cause. A bunch of in denial fans over there, lol.
I just hope in 15 years, the country is tired of the Chiefs winning, lol.

There is a moderator @ the Pats forum who most definitely isn’t wearing blinders, think he’d fit in well around here? Don’t tell me...it’s Anmorix, lol?
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:35 PM 01-14-2020
I had not been over there in a few years, but had to check out the thread on Orangemane.

There were actually some well informed posts much to my surprise.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:06 PM 01-14-2020
My step niece and her husband were going to talk shit on me about the chiefs losing my bro gave me the heads up and when the game over i texted them the scoring drive my niece didn't answered her husband did and didn't care
[Reply]
TimBone 04:11 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I had not been over there in a few years, but had to check out the thread on Orangemane.

There were actually some well informed posts much to my surprise.
That kranzdictum dude has some major insecurities and self-worth issues.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:17 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TimBone:
That dude is still trying to convince everyone Mahomes isn't good.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 04:53 PM 01-14-2020
IMG_8038.mov IMG_8038.mov
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:07 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
IMG_8038.mov IMG_8038.mov
Ok Boomer
[Reply]
CanadaKC 05:14 PM 01-14-2020
Sorry i tried to put that tictok video from family guy on here where that young kid (kyle) was bugging Peter Griffin and they had put the logos of the Texans and Chiefs over their faces...can someone do it for me?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:17 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

OMG these guys are delusional
This is great. :-)

I got a Pats buddy at work. He'd fit right in! When they win it's because Brady is the GOAT and Belichick is a super genius that out smarts everyone. When they lose, it's because of some grand anti-pats conspiracy. Shoot, I thought it was just him!!! :-)
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 05:27 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by rtmike:
THIS is the perfect place to put the gif. of the Texans Draft War Room when we moved up ahead of them totake the QB they planned on drafting, lol.
This! Here’s the thing though. Maybe it’s just me but I cannot find that anywhere. There’s a Holy Trinity of Houston reactions to all things great with KC

Texans Bill’s reaction
Texans War Room when we stole Mahomes from them
Astros crowd reaction after Correa’s error
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:37 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
The Patsfans thread is far more satisfying
The outright fear they have of Mahomes is amazing. There were some claiming Pat really didn’t do anything. :-)

That fanbase will not handle losing well.
[Reply]
rtmike 06:48 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
The outright fear they have of Mahomes is amazing. There were some claiming Pat really didn’t do anything. :-)

That fanbase will not handle losing well.
I started up driving for Uber this last summer.
I’ll usually wear a Royals or Chiefs hat. Every and I mean EVERY person I’ve talked to loves them some Mahomes. I’m right in Seachicken and lesser degree Fader territory and they all comment how he’s great for football!

I was initially shocked by that Pats board but I imagine Ill be pissy too when somebody, someday with a different team, has the best qb in football, lol.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:54 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Yeah, he makes me laugh. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up