ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Doubters repent thread:
Chris Meck 06:29 PM 01-12-2020
Here it is. Come clean.

Andy bashers, Clark bashers, Spags sucks, Honey Badger makes business decisions, whatever-anything you want to get off your chest.

Admit your specific sins, admit you were wrong, and apologize.

AND THEN GET ON THE GODDAMNED BUS!

edit:
the intent of this thread was not to lord anything over anyone about however frustrated or dejected you might have been during the 1st quarter of the Texans game. It was intended as a thread in which folks could talk about all the things they'd had a knee-jerk reaction to during the season which had turned out to be wrong. I thought it'd be fun and then we could all get on the bus the rest of the way to the 'ship. But of course, we can never all be pulling in the same direction, because Chiefsplanet. Carry on.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:45 PM 01-12-2020
I said an Andy Reid team wasn’t built to win tough games in the postseason. St Patrick has made me a believer. I will repent by being in the stands next week, loud AF.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:46 PM 01-12-2020
I thought we were cooked. But I'm going to rewatch the game at some point because it was so epic.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:48 PM 01-12-2020
This is for you and your like Showtime. Listen to what Mahomes tells you.

[Reply]
hometeam 07:49 PM 01-12-2020
people sitting next to me left, and I told them while it looked dire it being the first quarter we could still come back and win.

The seats they left open made for lots of room for me and my party~
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:49 PM 01-12-2020
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I don’t know why, but I was in a bad fucking mood all day before the game even started. My 4 year old, who was wearing a Mahomes MVP shirt, announced at lunch that he doesn’t like football or the chiefs! I yelled what?!? My 12 year old laughed harder than anything he’s ever laughed at before. I have since disowned both.

The game starts, and it’s the worst possible start in NFL history. After we were down 14-0, I go to get my first beer outta the basement fridge. Some little shit left the fridge door open and all my beer was warm. OMG I was livid, I yelled at the wife and blamed her, she threw a kid under the bus, and in seconds it’s 21-0. JFC! I’m about to have an aneurism. When it was 21-0 and on 3rd down we threw the deep pass to Hill and he gets murdered and they don’t throw a flag and he’s lying on the field hurt, I just shut the tv off. Wife and I were already mad at each other. I went upstairs to take a nap. Lying in bed I could feel my blood pressure skyrocketing. I can’t sleep. I turn the tv back on and it’s 24-7 and the rest is history. Forgive me.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:51 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I don’t know why, but I was in a bad ****ing mood all day before the game even started. My 4 year old, who was wearing a Mahomes MVP shirt, announced at lunch that he doesn’t like football or the chiefs! I yelled what?!? My 12 year old laughed harder than anything he’s ever laughed at before. I have since disowned both.

The game starts, and it’s the worst possible start in NFL history. After we were down 14-0, I go to get my first beer outta the basement fridge. Some little shit left the fridge door open and all my beer was warm. OMG I was livid, I yelled at the wife and blamed her, she threw a kid under the bus, and in seconds it’s 21-0. JFC! I’m about to have an aneurism. When it was 21-0 and on 3rd down we threw the deep pass to Hill and he gets murdered and they don’t throw a flag and he’s lying on the field hurt, I just shut the tv off. Wife and I were already mad at each other. I went upstairs to take a nap. Lying in bed I could feel my blood pressure skyrocketing. I can’t sleep. I turn the tv back on and it’s 24-7 and the rest is history. Forgive me.
Five hail Andy's, two our Patrick's, and pour a beer out for Hank Stram.

All is forgiven.
[Reply]
chinaski 07:52 PM 01-12-2020
Never a doubter.

Look at my previous posts.

"You sons-a-bitches, now you know how I feel" - George S. Patton

We are going to win the Super Bowl. I know it.
[Reply]
EPodolak 07:53 PM 01-12-2020
I keep forgetting Pat is a way better QB than I am a fan.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:53 PM 01-12-2020
Not gonna lie... sitting in Arrowhead being down 24-0 and 0/2 in playoff games, Because Cheifs started to creep back in on me.

Thankfully I didn't drink much, so I was a lot more rational. What a game though. Simply amazing.
!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:56 PM 01-12-2020
Hey, it was natural to be concerned.

I was worried mostly that we'd dig the hole too deep.

I knew we'd at LEAST make a game of it.

In my heart I knew Patrick was too good to get blown out.

But I was pretty damned concerned. You'd be nuts not to be.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:01 PM 01-12-2020
Down 24 thought we still had maybe 20 percent chance. Guys were just playing so tight, and feared the mistakes were too in their heads. Once Sorenson stopped the fake I thought yeah, we got this.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:02 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Hey, it was natural to be concerned.

I was worried mostly that we'd dig the hole too deep.

I knew we'd at LEAST make a game of it.

In my heart I knew Patrick was too good to get blown out.

But I was pretty damned concerned. You'd be nuts not to be.
Truth.

I never checked out, because you never know. But I figured at that point they were gonna lose 34-24 or something. Too big a hole.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 08:04 PM 01-12-2020
Momentum and pressure are hard to quantify. But they are both huge in football. As soon as the kick returner fumbled the pressure on the Texans was huge. You could see it in the texans players. I was very concerned after the start, but after the fumble I thought it was doable. We had momentum and the best player in the NFL.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:07 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
Momentum and pressure are hard to quantify. But they are both huge in football. As soon as the kick returner fumbled the pressure on the Texans was huge. You could see it in the texans players. I was very concerned after the start, but when after the fumble I thought it was doable. We had momentum and the best player in the NFL.
We’ve been on the other side of that. I know the feeling.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:10 PM 01-12-2020
I was concerned...even in despair. But I held on to the FACT that we've seen this team score 28 points in the 2nd quarter, and we've seen this team score 31 in the second half...and I never turned off the game or lost hope. I was pissed, and I admit to thinking we were probably going to lose...but I never gave up hope. I've been at this shit too long, I live and die by these fuckers. GO CHIEFS!!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up