Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Bill O'Brien IS a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 05:25 PM 01-12-2020
That is all.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:19 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I see your point. But kicking the FG didn't cost them the game either. Even if they went for it and got the 1st, and scored a TD eventually, they still would've lost by 13 points. It was a non-factor.

The fake punt was just stupid. Allowed us to get a quick score on a short field. He had to punt there and force the Chiefs to go the length of the field.
I agree with you that the fake punt was a much worse call, but I think the decision to kick the FG was linked to that fake punt. If the texans convert that 4th and 1 and get a TD instead of a FG, then I think that BoB probably feels less pressure to keep his foot on the gas and doesn't risk the fake punt.

That decision to kick the FG on 4th and 1 was a huge gift to us. I breathed a sigh of relief when it happened b/c I knew that BoB was choking.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:22 PM 01-13-2020
“of course I watched the whole goddam thing. Like watching your ex-wife’s new husband sniff his finger for two whole fuckin quarters but what else are ya gonna do.”
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:28 PM 01-13-2020
Didn’t he practically mortgage the future for this season? If I recall, he traded away several picks for “win-now” type moves.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:38 PM 01-13-2020
People love a fake punt when it works, and I'm shocked it didn't this time. Just a great individual play. That was actually one of the best situations in which to do it. It was unexpected.

Regardless, it's annoying that so many people are focusing on minor details like this, as if it really mattered. KC scored on 7 straight possessions when they got rolling. Is there any reason to think they wouldn't have scored if they punted?
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:26 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bill O'Brien on committee approach if it will stay the same or add a GM: 'I feel like where we are right now it stays the way it is. We have a great group of people'
— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) January 13, 2020

Not only that but he said he is expecting Romeo to return as DC. The guy is clueless but that is ok by me.
[Reply]
GoChargers 02:37 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
People love a fake punt when it works, and I'm shocked it didn't this time. Just a great individual play. That was actually one of the best situations in which to do it. It was unexpected.

Regardless, it's annoying that so many people are focusing on minor details like this, as if it really mattered. KC scored on 7 straight possessions when they got rolling. Is there any reason to think they wouldn't have scored if they punted?
People don't love a fake punt when you have a big lead, on your own 31, and you had just decided not to go for it on 4th & 1 at the Chiefs' 13. That was the dumbest playcall since Stagger Lee.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:41 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Didn’t he practically mortgage the future for this season? If I recall, he traded away several picks for “win-now” type moves.
The Texans don't have a first round pick until 2022. And they traded away a bunch of other picks as well. They just said "fuck the future" and went all in this year.
[Reply]
candyman 03:32 PM 01-13-2020
why doesn't this freak grow a beard to hide that fart box on his chin? at least a goatee?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:49 PM 01-13-2020
The really insane part of this is how bad coaches keep getting recycled. Are there really that few humans on the planet that can coach other humans to play football at a reasonable level without stepping on their own dicks?

How can I get into this country club?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:10 PM 01-13-2020
Bill OBrien and Marvin Lewis have a lot in common.:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:42 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
why doesn't this freak grow a beard to hide that fart box on his chin? at least a goatee?

image upload
[Reply]
UK_Chief 05:00 PM 01-13-2020
The fake punt was dumb but I guess it showed the respect that he had for the chiefs offense to come back from almost anything. And he’s a broken open field tackle away from a possible kill shot, so I see why he did it. Thank the Mormon god for DD!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:03 PM 01-13-2020
Probably already posted but this is hilarious:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffallen...47289039446016
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:08 PM 01-28-2020
Texans officially named this geek GM :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up