Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bill O'Brien IS a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 05:25 PM 01-12-2020
That is all.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:07 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
He was out-coached yesterday... Fo sho....
People complain about our coach.. how would you like to have that shitshow??
[Reply]
candyman 07:08 AM 01-13-2020
Never trust a coach that poops out of his chin
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:10 AM 01-13-2020
Personally I don't think the FG was a bad decision. Not challenging the spot wasn't the best.

The fake punt was disastrous. It didn't even make any kind of tactical/strategic sense.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:25 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Personally I don't think the FG was a bad decision. Not challenging the spot wasn't the best.

The fake punt was disastrous. It didn't even make any kind of tactical/strategic sense.
After the game he said they needed 50 points to have a chance. Zero faith in his defense. But then you wonder why he kicked a FG on 4th and very short. If he felt they needed 50 points, gotta be more aggressive in that scenario.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:29 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
After the game he said they needed 50 points to have a chance. Zero faith in his defense. But then you wonder why he kicked a FG on 4th and very short. If he felt they needed 50 points, gotta be more aggressive in that scenario.
I see your point. But kicking the FG didn't cost them the game either. Even if they went for it and got the 1st, and scored a TD eventually, they still would've lost by 13 points. It was a non-factor.

The fake punt was just stupid. Allowed us to get a quick score on a short field. He had to punt there and force the Chiefs to go the length of the field.
[Reply]
scho63 07:29 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Meh, i dont think it was that bad a call. The momentum had already shifted, he felt it. We all did. The Chiefs were going to score on that possession no matter where they started from. O'Brien knew it and did his best to postpone the inevitable. But he knew his defense wasn't going to hold and he had to press to try and recapture momentum.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And if not for an ankle tackle by Dirty Dan, it works. What's funny is that my son called it.
Two good posts I agree with. :-)

The runner had a WIDE OPEN field with only Dirty Dan to beat. If he juked him or Dan misses the tackle it was an easy first down. DD as the only Chief on that side of the field.

They snapped the ball quickly and it even caught CBS off guard. I didn't see the start of the play but I saw the runner break right and just one Chief there. I thought he had it but Dirty Dan said "FUCK OFF!" :-)

It's also the same: 100% of fake plays that don't work are a bad call and 100% of the fake plays that work are great calls. It will always be that way.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:36 AM 01-13-2020
Hey fuck you! I love BOB and Romeo!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:40 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Two good posts I agree with. :-)

The runner had a WIDE OPEN field with only Dirty Dan to beat. If he juked him or Dan misses the tackle it was an easy first down. DD as the only Chief on that side of the field.

They snapped the ball quickly and it even caught CBS off guard. I didn't see the start of the play but I saw the runner break right and just one Chief there. I thought he had it but Dirty Dan said "**** OFF!" :-)

It's also the same: 100% of fake plays that don't work are a bad call and 100% of the fake plays that work are great calls. It will always be that way.
It wasn't a quick snap which was part of the problem. The play clock was running down which I am sure was a tip off something might be up. They were in formation a long time thinking about what they wanted to do.

If you make it you get a 1st down if you don't you totally shift momentum back to the Chiefs. Based on risk/reward dumb call there.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 01-13-2020
The fake punt is just not worth it risk reward wise. Say you get it, you now have it first and 10 at your own 39. Just not worth it.

The Texans would be smart to fire BoB, bring in McDaniels and let him bring in whoever GM he wants.
[Reply]
notorious 09:19 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The fake punt is just not worth it risk reward wise. Say you get it, you now have it first and 10 at your own 39. Just not worth it.

The Texans would be smart to fire BoB, bring in McDaniels and let him bring in whoever GM he wants.
I’m pretty sure Houston is sick of “The Pat**** Way”.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:21 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I see your point. But kicking the FG didn't cost them the game either. Even if they went for it and got the 1st, and scored a TD eventually, they still would've lost by 13 points. It was a non-factor.

The fake punt was just stupid. Allowed us to get a quick score on a short field. He had to punt there and force the Chiefs to go the length of the field.
Honestly, not sure any of it mattered. Texans were not up 24-0 because of a dominant defense. Chiefs receivers and special teams delivered a ton of help to the Texans in that first quarter. Flukey BS. Once the receivers quit dropping the ball, the Texans defense was screwed.

O’Brien knew the Chiefs receivers would not keep shooting themselves in the foot and he also knew the Texans secondary is garbage. I understand the fake punt from that standpoint. Given how bad their secondary is and how accurate Mahomes was yesterday, it is possible none of O’Brien decisions would have mattered in the end.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:40 AM 01-13-2020
O'Brien Reid'd the Texans yesterday. LOL
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I’m pretty sure Houston is sick of “The Pat**** Way”.
Maybe. But they have talent and I think with McDaniels running the offense Watson could really develop.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:53 PM 01-13-2020

Bill O'Brien on committee approach if it will stay the same or add a GM: 'I feel like where we are right now it stays the way it is. We have a great group of people'

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:12 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
HAHAHAHAHA!

And where they are is barely good enough to maybe beat the Bills because of Watson's talent.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up