ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bill O'Brien IS a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 05:25 PM 01-12-2020
That is all.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:58 PM 01-12-2020
If I'm a Texans fan I don't completely hate the idea of going for it there, but have your offense do it.

When you combine this recklessly aggressive call with his needlessly conservative field goal decision at the other end, it feels like this is someone who doesn't have a clear idea of how to manage a lead.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:00 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
He said Crennel will be back next year.
Good. Bring that dusty old man back.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:01 PM 01-12-2020
“We have to coach better. We didn’t do enough to put our guys in good enough positions to make plays,” said O’Brien, who did say he expected Crennel back but that he would meet with all his coaches in the coming days.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-chiefs-011220
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:23 PM 01-12-2020

#Texans Bill reacts pic.twitter.com/3op9H6eSCM

— Bill O'Zimmermann (@The_Reliant) January 12, 2020

[Reply]
notorious 09:27 PM 01-12-2020
"It's 4th down....eeeehhhh.....why you sendin' Anger Management out..."

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:54 PM 01-12-2020
We may think that we could have come back 'no matter what,' but the truth is those calls were CRUCIAL to the mental game that made the comeback possible.

Being down 24-0 is rare enough, in the playoffs even rarer, coming back at all even rarer, etc. etc. accumulating and accumulating.

But a lot of that is premised on the opposition BUILDING on that advantage. Those calls, showed that the Texans were in the mental state to SQUANDER that advantage instead.

Kicking a chipshot FG at 4th and inches in the shadow of the endzone, then running a botched fake punt told the entire squad [AND their entire squad], . . . HOLY SHIT!!! They still scared shitless. They should be ready to pack bags for the next game, and they're STILL SCARED SHITLESS.

This amplified the effect of every little thing that fell our way thereafter.

It's like if you're in the ring with Deontay Wilder, and he's wailing on you, and you're thinking 'if he so much as breathes on me one more time, I'm going down.' Then all the sudden he starts going into a shell, covering his face with his forearms and dancing around the ring looking to get away, and you ask yourself 'Is he, . . . is he scared? Is he tired? Did I hurt him somehow? WTF?'

As I said in the game thread, we worked hard to come back, but starting with those decisions, the Texans laid on their back and showed their bellies, with every advantage in their corner at the time.
[Reply]
notorious 09:58 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
We may think that we could have come back 'no matter what,' but the truth is those calls were CRUCIAL to the mental game that made the comeback possible.

Being down 24-0 is rare enough, in the playoffs even rarer, coming back at all even rarer, etc. etc. accumulating and accumulating.

But a lot of that is premised on the opposition BUILDING on that advantage. Those calls, showed that the Texans were in the mental state to SQUANDER that advantage instead.

Kicking a chipshot FG at 4th and inches in the shadow of the endzone, then running a botched fake punt told the entire squad [AND their entire squad], . . . HOLY SHIT!!! They still scared shitless. They should be ready to pack bags for the next game, and they're STILL SCARED SHITLESS.

It's like if you're in the ring with Deontay Wilder, and he's wailing on you, and you're thinking 'if he so much as breathes on me one more time, I'm going down.' Then all the sudden he starts going into a shell, covering his face with his forearms and dancing around the ring looking to get away, and you ask yourself 'Is he, . . . is he scared? Is he tired? Did I hurt him somehow? WTF?'
Then you start pummeling his ass into the ground.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:02 PM 01-12-2020

As I said in the game thread, we worked hard to come back, but starting with those decisions, the Texans laid on their back and showed their bellies, with every advantage in their corner at the time.
First time ever trying this, so bear with me...

tl;dr

Shut the fuck up with this. We won this game in aggregate. The Texans didn't blow it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:03 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Then you start pummeling his ass into the ground.
Exactly, there's little as valuable when the chips are down as knowing that the opposition is still scared of you.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:05 PM 01-12-2020

Let's just be happy we have Mahomes to make up for all those mistakes almost no other QB could over come.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:41 AM 01-13-2020
We sincerely hope that Billy Boy returns as the HC of the Texans for another season in 2020.

And 2021 . . . 2022 . . . 2023 . . .
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:57 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

That is some funny shit. Now every time I see him I am going to imagine a baboons ass on his chin.

He should put a band aid over that shaved **** of a chin.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:47 AM 01-13-2020
This feels like the Falcons chokejob in LI. That organization has never recovered and their window is all but slammed shut now. There are a couple of good options available (looking at you, Bieniemy and Saleh) that should absolutely be given a chance with a team as talented as the Texans. As a Chiefs fan I'd be ecstatic if they just pry Caserio from the Patriots and don't change a fucking thing, but those players and fans deserve better.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:00 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Any chance we can bring him in to bang the drum on Sunday?
:-) :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:03 AM 01-13-2020
He was out-coached yesterday... Fo sho....
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up