ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 144
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:33 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Yeah, but that's more reflective of Tennessee's commitment to the game plan isn't it?

His play was fine, only having 15 attempts in each game will limit your stats.
Yeah but I'd hardly call that "balling"

I subscribe to the belief that forcing Tannehill to do more than he's been asked of is our best chance to win this one.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:36 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Listening to 810 and I had forgotten about the Tits punching the ball out of Williams hands and scoring... They like to try to cause turnovers that way.. Ball security will be key Sunday..
That's my point about the Titans physicality and what they will do. That whole game we were losing the ball because we couldn't hold on to it getting it punched out. Sent a message to the rest of the league that we were soft in protecting the ball and the next few games that is all you saw is defenses attempting to punch the ball out as they were tackling us.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:36 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Yeah I think Schwartz got hurt, then Rankin moved over and got hurt on the very next play.
And Schwartz getting hurt was because Erving ran into him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:37 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Not against real physical DLs we don't. :-) Jurrell Casey and crew will attempt to apply interior pressure up the middle and contain Pat from getting outside at the same time forcing him into 'check down Sally' for most of the game. Will it work ? Depends IF if our OL sacks up or not.

Will be interesting to see how often Andy has Pat operating from the shotgun to avoid this.
Football Outsiders ranks us as the 4th best and best remaining pass protection OL.

The Titans only hit Pat 4 times and managed 2 sacks against our patchwork OL. That was even without Schwartz for part of the game. Pat was also just coming back from injury and still a step slow.

Their pass rush didn’t disrupt us much before when our OL was in MUCH worse shape.
[Reply]
JimNasium 11:40 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Yeah but I'd hardly call that "balling"

I subscribe to the belief that forcing Tannehill to do more than he's been asked of is our best chance to win this one.
This irrational fear of Tannehill is akin to the fear of Fuller in the last game. I understand being scared of Henry. Tannehill? Not so much. I hope and pray that their fate rests in his hands on Sunday.
[Reply]
JimNasium 11:41 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Football Outsiders ranks us as the 4th best and best remaining pass protection OL.

The Titans only hit Pat 4 times and managed 2 sacks against our patchwork OL. That was even without Schwartz for part of the game. Pat was also just coming back from injury and still a step slow.

Their pass rush didn’t disrupt us much before when our OL was in MUCH worse shape.
They are much better against the run game than as pass rushers.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:41 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
This irrational fear of Tannehill is akin to the fear of Fuller in the last game. I understand being scared of Henry. Tannehill? Not so much. I hope and pray that their fate rests in his hands on Sunday.
He's been playing well as a function of their offense performing well. Certainly not a world beater or anything.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:42 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Listening to 810 and I had forgotten about the Tits punching the ball out of Williams hands and scoring... They like to try to cause turnovers that way.. Ball security will be key Sunday..
People blame the FG mistakes at the end. But the 50+ yard fumble TD was the real difference maker in that game. Chiefs were in control on the scoreboard and easily driving for more points. One silly play and the game was very tough the rest of the way. That play was at least a 10 point swing IMHO.

So yes, ball security is extremely important. I sure hope the Texans game was a wakeup call in that regard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 AM 01-15-2020
I don't think anyone is afraid of him, but rather more aware of him.

He CAN make some good downfield passes. And frankly, he's gonna have to. The Titans aren't going to win this game on 200 yards from Henry unless it's 200 yards via 40 yard chunks that go for scores.

The Titans team we've seen of late and their 'winning formula' of incredibly inefficient offense just won't do it against this team. They're going to have to get Tannehill involved and he's gonna have to play as well as he's ever played.

If we lose this game, we'll call it the "Tannehill game" or the "AJ Brown Game". We aren't going to lose this game because of Derrick Henry.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:43 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
People blame the FG mistakes at the end. But the 50+ yard fumble TD was the real difference maker in that game. Chiefs were in control on the scoreboard and easily driving for more points. One silly play and the game was very tough the rest of the way. That play was at least a 10 point swing IMHO.

So yes, ball security is extremely important. I sure hope the Texans game was a wakeup call in that regard.
Watkins concerns me.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:47 AM 01-15-2020
Stealing a thought from the "In the Trenches" podcast and Breaking Bad.

We are not in danger. We are the danger.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:49 AM 01-15-2020
They are much better against the run game than as pass rushers.
Yup. And that’s pretty much a useless strength to have against this Chiefs team.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:50 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Well let's hope you are correct because I don't have much confidence in our OL's pass blocking when going against very physical DLs. Run Blocking ? We struggle against mediocre DLs. We can't run the ball when needed.

Our OL needs to take their game to the next level BIG TIME if we are to win it all IMHO.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:51 AM 01-15-2020
Kinda feels like the Colts game last year to me.

I think people might be underrating that the Titans are traveling for their 4th straight must win game against a Division Champ. Their defense just played like 90 plays against Baltimore.

It’s one game and anything can happen, but the Chiefs should feel much more fresh in this one. Just will just be our third home game in 4 weeks. We also had a really late bye week.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:52 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's also worth noting that Mahomes had maybe his best 'feel' in the pocket Sunday of any game I've ever seen from him.

After those quirks coming off his injury that sort of apexed in the NE game (the backpedaling and bailouts from phantom pressure), he got a lot better against Denver and then just continued from there.

On Sunday he was a maestro. He seemed to be playing with a Madden birds-eye view because he ALWAYS seemed to know where the pressure was coming from and exactly how far he needed to move to avoid it. And more critically, to help his OL out.

****ing hell he was good on Sunday.

Y'know what? Scrap every single bit of analysis in this entire thread. If Patrick Mahomes plays with the complete command of everything happening on that field that he played with on Sunday, you can take the NFL All-Time 100 team in their primes and he'd !@#$ing beat 'em.

He was simply stunning last weekend and if he plays like that again this Sunday, woe be the Titans, no matter how well they play. This will be that kind of peak Federer/Woods shit where you can play the best game of your life and if he brings his A game to the party, you're just getting blown off the map either way.
Terez Paylor is as good of a source as any reporting Chiefs news. His reporting a year ago about Mahomes being pissed off after the AFCCG loss and immediately getting back to work was amazing.

Pat has been thinking about this moment for a year and he’s determined to carry this team if he has to, just like Sunday.

The kid is locked in and this time he’s got Spags, Honey Badger and Clark on the other side to lead the defense and support him.

This team just capped off its worst quarter of the season with 3 quarters of by far their absolute best football of the season. I have not seen this team play together in as complete of a game in any time I can remember in the Andy Reid era.

There is no way in hell we are losing this weekend. I don’t give a shit if the Titans are on a win streak. The last 3 quarters last Sunday was the best and most complete game I have ever seen a Chiefs team play.

It just feels like the Titans are walking into a gigantic buzzsaw against a stadium full of fans and players that are ready to take out so much frustration on them.

I will be shocked if this is not a double-digit win for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 144
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Up