ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 144
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:31 AM 01-13-2020
The Titans are playing well....I expect them to give the Chiefs a fight. Henry is a truck & I do think it's possible they could win.

But they're bringing a popgun offense to town. Tannyhill threw for like 100 yards both games. That ain't gonna work. Their only hope is for the Chiefs to screw around offensively. For more than one quarter apparently judging by yesterday.

Chiefs cover.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:31 AM 01-13-2020
Personally, I’m looking past the Titans. I’m focused on whether the Chiefs SB opponent will be Green Bay or San Fran.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:32 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
Titans are not a 9-7 team. Mariota was 2-4 and Tannehill is 9-3 knocking off the best team in the NFL.
That's a fair assessment...and if KC was rolling into the AFCCG by beating both the Patriots/Raven, on the road, we would all be ecstatic. Your team just completed the Chiefs worst-case-scenario...nobody, here, wanted those 2 teams on the road.

Titans absolutely deserve to be playing next Sunday...they earned it.

That said...Mahomes being down 24-0 then coming back was probably the worst case scenario for Tennessee. Chiefs are awake now...that was some seriously transcendent offense. They also lost the previous match-up...so nothing will be taken for granted.

It's really, really hard to win 3 times, on the road, in the playoffs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 01-13-2020
Ravens points scored: 531
Chiefs points scored: 451

Ravens offenseive yards: 6,646
Chiefs offensive yards: 6,259

Ravens point differential: +249
Chiefs point differentisl: +143

Lamar Jackson is MVP.

Add in..

Ravens points allowed: 282
Chiefs points allowed: 308

Ravens record: 14-2
Chiefs record: 12-4

Ravens finished season going 12-0
Chiefs finished season going 6-0 with their last loss being against the Titans.

Cute. Lol.
Titans points scored: 402

Chiefs offensive yards: 6,067
Titans offensive yards: 5,805

Chiefs point differential: +143
Titans point differential: +71

Patrick Mahomes is the best player in football.

Add in..

Titans points allowed: 331

Titans record: 9-7

Chiefs finished season going 7-0 with their last game being a blitzkreig over the team that won the Titans division.

Titans needed to beat a resting Texans squad to even make the playoffs before beating Zombie Brady and the best throwing runningback in the league

Cute is right.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:38 AM 01-13-2020
Really hope Jones is ready to rock and the whole DL for that matter. Tennessee’s OL has been pushing people around up front.

This game will be a great tuneup for a potential matchup with SF, if both teams win.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:39 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
The Titans are playing well....I expect them to give the Chiefs a fight. Henry is a truck & I do think it's possible they could win.

But they're bringing a popgun offense to town. Tannyhill threw for like 100 yards both games. That ain't gonna work. Their only hope is for the Chiefs to screw around offensively. For more than one quarter apparently judging by yesterday.

Chiefs cover.
Chiefs did that yesterday too
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 09:40 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There's a reason he got dumped by Miami......he is basically at best Alex Smith. If you get ahead of them and take them out of their game he is going to struggle.
Dolphins dumped everyone. Because their coaches are terrible. Not surprising guys like Tannehill and Stills are good on teams that can make the playoffs. How is top 10 passer rating, top 10 completion percentage, top 10 yards per attempt basically like Alex Smith. All-time... Not top 10 this season but all-time. In his first year with a new team. I guess you'll see next week but don't be surprised if forced to throw he'll go off. Even the other day he had 3tds to Henry's 1.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:47 AM 01-13-2020
Hopefully that works out for the Chiefs. Since Lamar Jackson did it against teams he beat, I guess Tannehill will win against the Chiefs, agaun. Patriots beat the Dolphins, until they didn't. I'm not sure why people can't grasp that the regular season no longer matters in the playoffs.

No previous outcome MATTERS in the playoffs, but what they show us about matchups and tendencies can inform expectations of outcomes.

Lamar Jackson is a great QB and a good player. But at this stage in his career, he also kind of needs the game to stay on schedule/script to be effective as a passer.

It’s not dissimilar to Tannehill, actually. Who is best when the play-action game is set up and he’s in third and medium or less.

Tannehill fits that scheme and setup nicely. He still has things to prove when he consistently faces 3rd and long, as we saw against New England.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is the type of game that will emphasize how big of a pick up Suggs is. He’s not a young energetic rusher anymore, but he’s a damn good run defender on the edge.

I’d like up in a beat front with 3 DT’s and have Clark/Suggs on the edge with Ragland crashing running lanes.

I like that alignment, especially if Jones is healthy and is lined up like a 34 DE. Saunders-Pennel-Jones would be a pretty good combo of size and athleticism.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:50 AM 01-13-2020
Over-confident would be believing you'll score 50 points when it happened 1 time out of 17 games just because it happened the other day one time. Titans already beat the Chiefs one time. Vikings and Rams great offenses are enjoying not winning a Super Bowl. Maga

I am not over confidant the Titans have been Reid's kryptonite. I think he is 1-7 against them.
[Reply]
kc-nd 09:54 AM 01-13-2020
Hey guys. And ladies. Remember the narrative last year. Chiefs against the Colts in the playoffs. How to get over that based on history. We did. And in a big way. Now here comes the Titans. Same scenario. But we have a different team than earlier this year and past years. That will make a difference.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:57 AM 01-13-2020
Dolphins dumped everyone. Because their coaches are terrible. Not surprising guys like Tannehill and Stills are good on teams that can make the playoffs. How is top 10 passer rating, top 10 completion percentage, top 10 yards per attempt basically like Alex Smith. All-time... Not top 10 this season but all-time. In his first year with a new team. I guess you'll see next week but don't be surprised if forced to throw he'll go off. Even the other day he had 3tds to Henry's 1.

Those stats are great and show Tannehill operating efficiently within the framework of the Titans’ offense.

But this is a fan base that watched Alex Smith for five years. We understand how much the offense and scheme and playing within it bumped up Smith’s passer rating, completion percentage, and even YPA. It also saw how flat Smith fell when the offense got off schedule and was faced with playoff defenses and elite QBs.

From what I’ve seen of Tannehill and the Titans, it’s a fair comparison.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:00 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Titans points scored: 402

Chiefs offensive yards: 6,067
Titans offensive yards: 5,805

Chiefs point differential: +143
Titans point differential: +71

Patrick Mahomes is the best player in football.

Add in..

Titans points allowed: 331

Titans record: 9-7

Chiefs finished season going 7-0 with their last game being a blitzkreig over the team that won the Titans division.

Titans needed to beat a resting Texans squad to even make the playoffs before beating Zombie Brady and the best throwing runningback in the league

Cute is right.
Chiefs offense was #7 in yards this year after setting an NFL record for yards per play last year. I really think the 2018 offense is back now that Mahomes and the line are healthy. How many times in NFL post-season history has a team scored a TD on 7 straight drives?
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 10:03 AM 01-13-2020
I'm glad mahomes blew up and went crazy yesterday, scoring 50 points and showing everyone that the titans "have zero chance" of beating the chiefs.

Its exactly what we need, the same narrative vrabels been riding all postseason. I would be terrified if i was a chiefs fan. But dont be, keep on being over confident.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:08 AM 01-13-2020

The #Chiefs hosting the AFC title game again this year has me driving to work like ... pic.twitter.com/GJ0d94AFQf

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:10 AM 01-13-2020
It’s because Tannehill’s success is heavily dependent on the run. If you lessen the probability of the run, play-action becomes much less effective.

I haven’t watch Tennessee play outside of the Chiefs and Ravens games, but the factor above is why many are comparing Tannehill to Smith. If the run is removed from their game plan, can Tannehill still perform to the level needed?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 144
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up