ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 144
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:01 AM 01-13-2020
Henry is going to get his yards. Maybe not 190 like our last meeting, but 150-170 is probably in the ballpark.

However . . .

The Titans are not a scoring machine.

Against the Patriots TEN only had 2 coring drives out of 10 possessions. A pick-6 is the extra score that gave them that game.

Against the Ravens TEN only had 4 scoring drives out of 10 possessions.

Against the Chiefs in the regular season again the Titans only had 4 scoring drives out of 10 possessions. Again, a turnover gave them the points they needed to beat us.

They punted against our defense 4 times, and turned the ball over on downs once.

Against our banged up defense.

On the other hand, the Chiefs scored on 7 out of 10 possessions. 3 TDs and 4 FGs. At least two of those FGs should've been TDs, but Mahomes over-threw Hill for an easy score, and Hill got hurt and couldn't bring down another.

And our OL got banged up in that game, and at one point 3/5 of our OL was comprised of back-ups.

But let's review:

On average, TEN on average punts away 60% of their possessions. Against pretty much everybody.

The Chiefs scored on 70% of their possessions against their defense. With a banged up OL and a rusty Pat.

Pat's not rusty now. I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT NOW, AS HE ORCHESTRATED AN OFFENSE THAT SCORED TDS ON 8 OUT OF 12 POSSESSIONS LAST NIGHT.

Our defense is playing significantly better than when last we met. But let's say that our defense doesn't play one iota better than they did back then.

Even if we only hold them to their season/post-season average of scoring on 40% of their possessions, they aren't going to keep us from scoring on at least 6-7 out of 10 of our possessions.

Anyone think we can't score at least 5 TDs next week? In a whole game, not 41 minutes?

Their own tactic of grinding it out on the ground is going to be their undoing, people. If they only possess the ball 8 times, they only score 3-4 times. If we only possess the ball 8 times, we score 5-6 times.

If they only allow us 6 possessions (not really possible, but for effect), we score 4 times. They only score 3 times.

By the way, if you go back and just check their box scores for the season, they are boringly consistent about this trend. They are a field position team.

All we have to do is not spot them a couple TDs in the first quarter, and we'll be fine.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 07:03 AM 01-13-2020
How in the hell do I sit at work and concentrate this week? Talk about a massive challenge. I'm on cruise control until Sunday.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 07:04 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I tipped.

But when he wished the Chiefs luck next week, I just smiled. :-)
You're a good man. Always tip your waiter unless they are directly being a prick or something. Most restaurants don't pay them crap. I would like your comment if I could. I hate certain teams but I'd still tip the waiter that was a fan of the teams I hate because at the end of the day it's just a game and I'm not going to try and screw them over for liking a sports team. Sounds like you guys were just having a friendly sports rivalry.
[Reply]
O.city 07:05 AM 01-13-2020
Get a couple stops early, get up a couple scores

Let Henry run all he wants then
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 07:11 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
And they're not wrong. They didn't really shred some power house Offenses the last 2 weeks.
Ravens 531 points scored.

Chiefs 451 points scored.

If the top scoring team in the NFL along with MVP at QB isn't a power house offense, than what is?

Rams and Vikings had historically great offenses, they got eliminated too.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 07:11 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Chiefs have a Historic Caliber Offense- Titans can't stop it.
The Ravens offense was better and the Titans stopped it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:14 AM 01-13-2020
Spags to our defense:

YOU HAVE ONE JOB!

STOP HENRY!
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:21 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
LOL. Cute.
[Reply]
Hugh Jayniss 07:23 AM 01-13-2020
I just purchased my airline tickets to Miami. MCI to FLL. Leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday. On a separate note, Southwest Airlines sucks! Jacked up the airfare to over $600 per segment just because. So, over $1200 for my buddy and me to travel to So. FL. Now to find lodging which won't be easy!

D. Henry presents the only obstacle in the way of my plans. He scares the heck out of me.

GO Chiefs, GO Mahomes!
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:23 AM 01-13-2020
No. That turns out not to be the case.

The BAL offense is predicated heavily on establishing the run; everything they do depends on running the ball on early downs and getting to 3rd and short. From there they execute their passing game. Not the other way around. 3rd and long for the Ravens is worse than flipping a coin.

It was the same exact problem for the Vikings as well this weekend. Everything in that offense is dependent on Dalvin Cook running the ball and getting to 3rd and short. When they faced 3rd and long consistently, they couldn't execute their passing attack at all.

The Chiefs offense isn't dependent on a strong running game. Pat doesn't need 3rd and short to execute at a high percentage of efficiency. As a matter of fact, if you check those advanced stats everyone likes so much, you'll find that Mahomes converts 3rd and long more efficiently than he does 3rd and short. By a significant margin.

In fact, I'd have to check to be sure, but I don't think the Chiefs ran the ball more than 6 times during that 7 TD stretch. We ran RPOs and play-action, but they were almost all passing plays.

And the Titans passing defense is ranked in the bottom third of the league.

Just like the Texans passing defense.

Holy crap, did anyone else notice that the Chiefs actually ended up running for more yards than the Texans offense? Wild . . .
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 07:24 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
We’re playing a 9-7 team at home for a trip to the Super Bowl.

It’s gonna happen boys.
9-7 already beat 14-2 and 12-4. So actually 11-7...

Mariota 2-4
Tannehill 9-3
[Reply]
JimNasium 07:25 AM 01-13-2020
9-7 already beat 14-2 and 12-4. So actually 11-7...

Mariota 2-4
Tannehill 9-3
Fourth consecutive road game.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:27 AM 01-13-2020
If the Titans can’t get a pass rush, it’s over. Containing Henry and other factors start to matter if they can.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:30 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Henry is going to get his yards. Maybe not 190 like our last meeting, but 150-170 is probably in the ballpark.

However . . .

The Titans are not a scoring machine.

Against the Patriots TEN only had 2 coring drives out of 10 possessions. A pick-6 is the extra score that gave them that game.

Against the Ravens TEN only had 4 scoring drives out of 10 possessions.

Against the Chiefs in the regular season again the Titans only had 4 scoring drives out of 10 possessions. Again, a turnover gave them the points they needed to beat us.

They punted against our defense 4 times, and turned the ball over on downs once.

Against our banged up defense.

On the other hand, the Chiefs scored on 7 out of 10 possessions. 3 TDs and 4 FGs. At least two of those FGs should've been TDs, but Mahomes over-threw Hill for an easy score, and Hill got hurt and couldn't bring down another.

And our OL got banged up in that game, and at one point 3/5 of our OL was comprised of back-ups.

But let's review:

On average, TEN on average punts away 60% of their possessions. Against pretty much everybody.

The Chiefs scored on 70% of their possessions against their defense. With a banged up OL and a rusty Pat.

Pat's not rusty now. I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT NOW, AS HE ORCHESTRATED AN OFFENSE THAT SCORED TDS ON 8 OUT OF 12 POSSESSIONS LAST NIGHT.

Our defense is playing significantly better than when last we met. But let's say that our defense doesn't play one iota better than they did back then.

Even if we only hold them to their season/post-season average of scoring on 40% of their possessions, they aren't going to keep us from scoring on at least 6-7 out of 10 of our possessions.

Anyone think we can't score at least 5 TDs next week? In a whole game, not 41 minutes?

Their own tactic of grinding it out on the ground is going to be their undoing, people. If they only possess the ball 8 times, they only score 3-4 times. If we only possess the ball 8 times, we score 5-6 times.

If they only allow us 6 possessions (not really possible, but for effect), we score 4 times. They only score 3 times.

By the way, if you go back and just check their box scores for the season, they are boringly consistent about this trend. They are a field position team.

All we have to do is not spot them a couple TDs in the first quarter, and we'll be fine.
Great analysis. Chiefs should anticipate less possessions this game, so they need 7 more frequently when they have the chance.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:32 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
If the Titans can’t get a pass rush, it’s over. Containing Henry and other factors start to matter if they can.
They have a way better chance at generating pressure on Mahomes than Houston. Houston’s DL was an embarrassment yesterday, Mahomes had all day to throw and move around.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 144
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up