ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 144
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:08 AM 01-17-2020
I almost feel bad for Mr JCBRAVE

We’ve lived this one time and time again. His team has him believing even though he knows deep down he shouldn’t.

Practically every real Super Bowl contender has had that franchise QB, but he’s convinced himself that his team this year is the exception.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:09 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by JCBRAVE:
dont confuse soft zone D as being a weakness of ours, we allow teams to dink and dunk between the 20's, then tighten up in the RZ and force ppl to kick FG's
:-)

You guys have one of the worst red zone defenses in football.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:11 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Paulson:
The biggest thing I see being overlooked by a lot of poster is Tanne. Don't act like he's not having a incredible year. So lets look at the stats from wk 10 to the end of reg season:

Tannehill: 117 of 169 (69.2%) for 1,762 yards (10.4 YPA), 16 TDs, 2 INTs, 129.8 rating, 139 and 3 TDs rushing

Mahomes: 162 of 243 (66.7%) for 1,851 yards (7.6 YPA), 11 TDs, 4 INTs, 97.6 rating, 136 and 2 TDs rushing
It is ironic that you are preaching about not "overlooking" something when you are doing the same with the Tannehill vs. Mahomes statistical comparison that was already discussed in this thread (literally just a few posts ago).

Link: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1520

Perhaps you should take your own advice about not overlooking something.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:12 AM 01-17-2020
dont confuse soft zone D as being a weakness of ours, we allow teams to dink and dunk between the 20's, then tighten up in the RZ and force ppl to kick FG's
Mahomes scored 32 with a banged up knee and OL while his ST’s fucked up 2 FG’s and an XP.

So we spotted your guys 14 points with the Williams fumble.

That ain’t happening again.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:14 AM 01-17-2020
But yes I will give this to the Titans fans...if you win then you will deserve to be in the SB. Just realize how difficult that road is going to be to accomplish that.

The Chiefs were blowing out the Patriots and Ravens when we played them healthy. Our team is finally healthy again.

There’s a reason we are confident.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:14 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Paulson:
Hi Ho fellas.

There seems to be some misinformation being put out or just plain homerish/blindness.

I'll start by saying PM is incredible, and yes AR is a great coach. Your WR core is lightning on the field. And yes this KC team is not the team we faced wk 10.

BUT the Titans aren't the same team either. Henry is Henry and if you don't think he's playing out of his mind then you just refuse to see it. The guy that got over 180 yards in wk 10 is playing like he's from another world right now. Ask the 8-9 guys that NE and the Ravens stack the box with and still couldn't stop him.

The biggest thing I see being overlooked by a lot of poster is Tanne. Don't act like he's not having a incredible year. So lets look at the stats from wk 10 to the end of reg season:

Tannehill: 117 of 169 (69.2%) for 1,762 yards (10.4 YPA), 16 TDs, 2 INTs, 129.8 rating, 139 and 3 TDs rushing

Mahomes: 162 of 243 (66.7%) for 1,851 yards (7.6 YPA), 11 TDs, 4 INTs, 97.6 rating, 136 and 2 TDs rushing

Tanne has proved since he came in that he can/will toss the rock with this offense and he's been successful doing it. He just hasn't had to toss it much in the playoffs, but when he has he's dropped some dimes.

Totally think PM and your crew have brought there "A" game into the playoffs, but don't act like the Titans aren't playing at a different level, too. They're controlling the LOS on both sides, running the rock down throats with 8-9 in the box, taking advantage of every RZ trip against strong D's, and are playing at a different level, too.

Two different offensive plans of attack that meet Sunday. It's going to be a great game...I can't wait.
1. These Tannehill/Mahomes stat comparisons are going to leave you so disappointed. :-). One guy gets his money throwing when D's are dialed into Henry, the other guy does it with D's KNOWING he's gonna throw it all over the yard. One guy played this season with multiple injuries, the other guy is a career failure that his team tries to protect from actually throwing the ball.

2. No, they're not controlling the LoS on both sides. Your D-line is has no pass rushers. It was comical how much time Lamar Jackson had to throw. I watched that game thinking to myself, "you gotta be shitting me, Mahomes will light them up with that kind of time".

Your D-line seems nice vs the run. That's great. But we don't run the ball so who gives a shit. And sorry, but no one is afraid of Jurrel Casey.

3. Everyone with half a brain knew the Titans would beat the Patriots. The Pats had weak run defense and no pass offense. Which plays right into the Titans hands. The Ravens aren't much different. They're passing game is not built to carry the team. Their strength once again played right into what the Titans do.

Listen, and listen well: The Chiefs are not like the Patriots or Ravens. Our passing game actually exists unlike the Patriots and it's not smoke and mirrors like the Ravens and Titans.

They WILL exploit your shit-pass defense and lack of rush and will force the Titans to do things they don't want to do. I fully expect the Titans know this, much like O'Brein knew it, and i expect the Titans will go for 4th and short quite frequently in an attempt to score as much as they can. And they will fail.
[Reply]
JCBRAVE 11:15 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

You realize that's not a real thing, right? It's called having a shitty defense that can't cover, but find more success when the field shortens because, duh, it's ****ing easier.

Every shitty defense is magically better in the red zone. And of course they're all "Bend but don't break".
our DC has changed how he calls games , we have the talent whenever he wants to go back to playing tight
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:16 AM 01-17-2020
our DC has changed how he calls games , we have the talent whenever he wants to go back to playing tight
Oh please do. Play as tight on Tyreek Hill as possible.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:16 AM 01-17-2020
I desperately hope that he decides to play up on the LOS this week. Please do that, Pees.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:18 AM 01-17-2020
:-).

You think you're gonna play man coverage against the Chiefs? Did you not watch the Texans game?

It doesn't matter if it's man or zone. You don't have the horses. You don't have the DB's who can run with our boys and you don't have a D-line that's going to pressure Mahomes in any effective way.

You're in no-man's land here and all you can do is ride Henry's dick. Continue riding.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:21 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-).

You think you're gonna play man coverage against the Chiefs? Did you not watch the Texans game?

It doesn't matter if it's man or zone. You don't have the horses. You don't have the DB's who can run with our boys and you don't have a D-line that's going to pressure Mahomes in any effective way.

You're in no-man's land here and all you can do is ride Henry's dick. Continue riding.
Romeo played man basically all game and we put up 51 in 2.5 quarters. By all means, play man coverage against us.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:21 AM 01-17-2020
JCBRAVE, you guys should make a statement on defense. Put your best CB on Tyreek Hill with no safety help and don’t give him any cushion.

Show how physical and tough you guys are right away. Also, bring the house on Mahomes on every obvious passing down. You guys are physical and tough. The Chiefs can’t hang with that.

You guys should really do that.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:23 AM 01-17-2020
Interesting stat. On the Chiefs 8 scoring drives last week, they never had a single drive take 4 minutes or more. Let the Titans win time of possession. They can kill 7-8 minutes per drive to shorten the game. But the Chiefs will still get their points.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:23 AM 01-17-2020

Tyreek Hill was targeted a career-high 19 times when the Chiefs played the Titans earlier this season. Adoree' Jackson shadowed him on perimeter routes and Logan Ryan handled the slot. Hill posted an 11-157-1 line.

— Mike Clay (@MikeClayNFL) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:24 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wait wait wait, I heard Adoree Jackson was the best corner ever...
[Reply]
Page 104 of 144
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114 > Last »
Up