Past

Present

Future

Discuss

Time to show our CB some love
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:08 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Even when Chief Fan was hating on him during the Seahawks game, he was still playing well. Veach dominated this trade,
Yep. Especially considering that he isn't even with the Cowboys anymore. He's with the Ravens now. Not sure if he's playing at all. It would have been funny if KC had picked him up after Dallas cut him. We could have had Ward and Ehinger. Lol
[Reply]
scho63 11:41 AM 12-22-2019
Do any of you idiots that post 250,000 word articles that scroll forever know how to use spoiler tags to condense the damn thing??? JFC! :-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:08 PM 12-22-2019
I'm still waiting for waiting for Direckshun to admit he was completley wrong on this guy. He basically said he'd be one of the worst corners in the league.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:10 PM 12-22-2019
If y'all go all the way back to the Seattle game, you'll see that I was an early supporter.

Even the plays he got toasted on, Wilson was dropping dimes on him, but Ward was right there, stride for stride.

We haven't had a guy like that in awhile.

He good.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:30 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Do any of you idiots that post 250,000 word articles that scroll forever know how to use spoiler tags to condense the damn thing??? JFC! :-)
Sorry you had to read and learn stuff, Boomer.
[Reply]
scho63 07:16 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Sorry you had to read and learn stuff, Boomer.
You obviously don't understand the purpose of spoiler tags around long articles.

It's not because people don't want to read them, it 's because many people read this site on their phones and aside from that one post being difficult to navigate, if someone quotes that post it's a nightmare.

And sorry young man, I can read......:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:58 PM 12-22-2019
He good.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:00 PM 12-22-2019
Wanna talk about a robbery. Veach just stole this guy
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:07 PM 12-22-2019
Says a lot about how clueless grandpa Bob was. If I remember, Reid started ward when he got fed up with Bob not making adjustments. Apparently tons of rumors that assistants were furious about how tanoh was used.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:36 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Says a lot about how clueless grandpa Bob was. If I remember, Reid started ward when he got fed up with Bob not making adjustments. Apparently tons of rumors that assistants were furious about how tanoh was used.
who has also looked like a proper NFL player.
[Reply]
Coach 11:37 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
who has also looked like a proper NFL player.
Tanoh actually looks solid, based on my eye test. He has done well on setting the edge more often than not.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:38 PM 12-22-2019
Pay him now Veach. Get it done
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:41 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by :
He will open his heart, so feel free to jump ahead, but there’s this one football thing we need to mention.

Ward is talking about a third-and-10 in overtime, when Patriots receiver Julian Edelman split wide to the right, then motioned toward slot receiver Phillip Dorsett at the snap. Ward followed Edelman, the snap timed so that Dorsett rubbed Ward and gave Edelman an extra step.

Tom Brady’s pass, of course, was completed. First down. Three plays later, another conversion. Three plays after that, the touchdown that ended the Chiefs’ season.

"I knew that was coming,” Ward says. “But I couldn’t do nothing about it.”

Ward means he could not stop it because of how he and his teammates were coached. The Patriots had run the exact same play on a third down earlier in the drive, on the other side of the field: Edelman split wide left, motioning toward Dorsett in the slot, his route aided by a rub, the pass completed for a first down.

“So I knew it was coming,” Ward continues. “I couldn’t do nothing about it because I was told to stay down. If I would’ve been like, ‘Nah, nah, nah, let’s in-and-out,’ it would’ve played out different. (If they) kick a field goal, miss or make it, Pat Mahomes goes down and scores a touchdown and we win the game and we’re in the Super Bowl.

“I was instructed to stay down, but I could’ve told (fellow cornerback Kendall) Fuller, ‘Man, let’s in-and-out.’ Because the same thing just happened on the other side.”

Ward pauses. Bob Sutton, then the Chiefs’ defensive coordinator, had been clear in his directives on the Patriots’ fateful drive. Players lose jobs for freelancing.

“But I’m the one that’s playing,” Ward says. “I still could’ve overruled that, and told Fuller, ‘Let’s work together.’”

Another pause.

“Bob was ... man.”

One more pause.

“I ain’t going to say nothing about that.”

This is Charvarius Ward saying that in his fourth game as a starting cornerback he could’ve defended an overtime pass and given the eventual NFL MVP the chance to send his franchise to its first Super Bowl in nearly half a century.
I'm still so angry about this. Fucking every player and fan knew what was coming on 3rd down - except Sutton apparently. !@(#$*U!)@OEUODJQJE
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:56 AM 12-31-2019
Ward ended up with the 3rd lowest passer rating allowed amongst CBs, finishing behind only Tre White and Stephon Gilmore. :-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:52 PM 12-31-2019
Direckshun come out and play...

[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up