ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 66 of 82
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
Rausch 10:30 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
It depends: is the fight under Boxing rules and regs or is it similar to a MMA setting?
[Reply]
vailpass 10:35 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It depends: is the fight under Boxing rules and regs or is it similar to a MMA setting?
It obviously could not be under boxing rules or Lee dies quickly.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:16 AM 06-13-2017
Sorry if this has been posted: https://www.quora.com/Who-would-win-...-Bruce-Lee-Why

Originally Posted by :
I don't know fighting, but I do know history:

You see, this fight - actually, a fight very much like it - has already taken place!

Only, it was Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki, instead of Tyson v Lee, and it took place in Tokyo on June 26, 1976 and was televised to a global audience.

I remember watching it, and being very disappointed ... the fight was very one-sided, even though it was eventually (I think more for political reasons) called a draw.

In this fight, Mohammed Ali, the greatest boxer of his time - possibly, ever - threw only six punches in total during the entire fight.

Why?

It's hard to lay a punch when the other fighter is on his back the entire time, kicking at your legs until they bleed.

A relatively small martial artist could not possibly stand up to a heavyweight like Tyson or Ali, so they would have to take their fight to the mat. Kick low, where the other punches high.

Perhaps, not fair (but, neither is fighting well outside of your weight class) but a clear winning strategy for the martial artist.

Bruce Lee wins. Period.
I was firmly in the Tyson camp until I read this. Now I guess I lean Lee if he's smart about and stays on the ground.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:25 AM 06-13-2017
The internet seems to agree. https://www.google.com/search?q=bruc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

My friend in HS who was no badass "play fought" this older Asian dude who was supposedly some kind of martial arts master. Both were fairly drunk. My friend had about 80 lbs and 6" on the dude. My friend basically just toyed with him and kept him at arm's length. The Asian dude was taking it much more seriously than my friend. I came away thinking size and reach is everything.

Could be the Asian dude was lying about being a master - but his moves looked kind of impressive. I guess when neither party adopts special strategy - go with size. Presumably Lee would be smart enough to not try his normal attack strategy on Tyson.
[Reply]
Steron 11:36 AM 06-13-2017
Let me preface this by saying I only read a handful of posts in this thread. Reading through 30+ pages was too daunting.

In a ring, Tyson obliterates Lee. Not even close. I mean Rocky beat the crap out of Thunderlips didn't he?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:09 PM 08-03-2018
Someone on Better Call Saul has been listening. . . :-)

[Reply]
Fishpicker 07:39 PM 08-03-2018
Ali couldn't even beat Antonio Inoki in a ring.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:03 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The internet seems to agree. https://www.google.com/search?q=bruc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

My friend in HS who was no badass "play fought" this older Asian dude who was supposedly some kind of martial arts master. Both were fairly drunk. My friend had about 80 lbs and 6" on the dude. My friend basically just toyed with him and kept him at arm's length. The Asian dude was taking it much more seriously than my friend. I came away thinking size and reach is everything.

Could be the Asian dude was lying about being a master - but his moves looked kind of impressive. I guess when neither party adopts special strategy - go with size. Presumably Lee would be smart enough to not try his normal attack strategy on Tyson.
From my experience, I think the #1 factor is skill of all fighting styles and knowledge of how to fight. That usually lends itself to MMA guys. I used to party with a little MMA guy. He wasn't even good, he just liked to train and do it. He had a losing record in amateur fights. He was about 160 lbs and I saw him kick guys ass who were 230 lbs. Now he didn't kick their ass by boxing them, he usually would do it by various holds and defensive mechanisms. The big guy would flail away, he would wait, and then boom take him down. Over. I gained alot of respect for those MMA guys for knowing different ways to fight. Don't really think people looking to box have any chance in a street fight. The grappler or judo background is almost always superior to boxing in a street fight.

Now if you are 120 lbs and the guy is muscular, quick and 270 lbs. It's just going to be super difficult either way.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:47 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
Ali couldn't even beat Antonio Inoki in a ring.
Right, I don't understand how this is a serious question : Lee kicks Tyson's rapist ass and tells him to get back up on the wall.

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
One is the greatest martial artist of all time and the other won his title fighting over the hill bums. With Don King as his manager, a lot of the fights were most likely fixed. When Tyson actually fought legit fighters, he took a beating. Buster Douglas beat the dogshit out of him.

The lack of respect for the Godfather of MMA is pretty shocking, must be a generation thing. My hero is better than your hero. As posted on here Tyson was not even the best fighter of his generation, was a convicted rapist and squandered his massive natural talent.

I always wanted to see Tyson in his prime fight Tommy the Duke. That would have been a slugfest. They are both amazing fighters with tons of power and both pissed away their career. Tyson has resurrected his life, while Tommy had a sad and painful end to his.
an over the hill Evander Holyfield was embarrassing Tysonn...and then Tyson bit Holyfield's ear off. Probably because of lack of ability to rape or land a punch.
[Reply]
rico 05:03 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Right, I don't understand how this is a serious question : Lee kicks Tyson's rapist ass and tells him to get back up on the wall.

an over the hill Evander Holyfield was embarrassing Tysonn...and then Tyson bit Holyfield's ear off. Probably because of lack of ability to rape or land a punch.
Yeah, just imagine how badly Holyfield would kick Lee’s ass!!!
[Reply]
rico 05:04 PM 08-16-2018
I met Bruce Lee’s wac figure in Branson... not very intimidating at all....
[Reply]
rico 05:11 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Someone on Better Call Saul has been listening. . . :-)

Nice.

I need to catch up with that show. I started the freaking thread on the Media forum the first time I even heard rumors about it and haven’t participated at all...and it’s got a ton of interaction and what not...and I’ve never participated at all. Haven’t seen the Season 4 episodes yet, but am catching the vibe that I’m missing out.
[Reply]
38yrsfan 05:14 PM 08-16-2018
Even without rules, Tyson's arsenal is limited to two pounding fists. A few heels in the gut, on the legs or just about anywhere injures the body, then let's go with knees, elbows and accurate, body-sensitive hand attacks.

Tyson would be fried, roasted and baked.
[Reply]
rico 05:24 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by 38yrsfan:
Even without rules, Tyson's arsenal is limited to two pounding fists. A few heels in the gut, on the legs or just about anywhere injures the body, then let's go with knees, elbows and accurate, body-sensitive hand attacks.

Tyson would be fried, roasted and baked.
If you think that’s all Tyson is limited to, them you are insane. He’s also limited to a 5’11, 220 lb frame with absolutely not a hint of fat and speed, power and explosiveness.... and he caught on to boxing very quickly...That makes it very likely that he’d catch on to other martial arts very quickly as well. Who knows, he may have done that...?!

Mike Tyson could literally put Lee in a body bag. Like, he could kill him dead.

Take my word for it...I sized up Bruce Lee’s wax figure a few weeks ago!!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:31 PM 08-16-2018
Love Lee but he was like 5'8" 140.

He'd have no answer for this:

[Reply]
Page 66 of 82
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up