ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 59 of 82
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:11 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'm still convinced that the Klitschko's are nuclear experiments gone awry.

Credit to Tyson - the dude's become remarkably self-aware with time. It only makes me that much more pissed off at what King did to him during the late 80s. In the rare moments you get him actually talking about boxing, you see just how smart he was in that arena.

I think he's right - the Klitschko's are just such a rare combination of length and power that I don't even think Tyson could've done much with them. The best chance he would've had would've been psychological. Prime Tyson still scared the shit out of people and if Tyson would've come out with that charging, aggressive style and got the brothers going backwards at all, he could've beat 'em.

But I don't think Vitali would be nervous boxing a rhinoceros. Wlad? Eh, maybe. Maybe on the right day.
Yep great points. The closest we have would be vs Lewis-who retired after the match. Lewis had just knocked out a way past his prime Tyson.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3AC&FORM=VIRE2
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:25 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Post #861 was beautiful Halfcan, just beautiful.

I have to assume you're trolling at this point.
Trolling? You asked who did he fight-and unfortunately all we have is the movie footage to go by, which is Not even close to what we have on Tyson. It does show his fighting style, his quickness and would give the average person that has never heard of Lee before-a good idea of what he would bring to the fight.

There is actually tournament fighting in the rare footage and first hand accounts of his Real fights out there though.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:27 PM 01-27-2016
Holy shit the idiocy.

Using movie fights to prove a point here?

Halfwit for sure
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:28 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Trolling? You asked who did he fight-and unfortunately all we have is the movie footage to go by, which is Not even close to what we have on Tyson. It does show his fighting style, his quickness and would give the average person that has never heard of Lee before-a good idea of what he would bring to the fight.

There is actually tournament fighting in the rare footage and first hand accounts of his Real fights out there though.
link to the rare, lol, footage?
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:03 PM 01-27-2016
Hell most supposed first hand views of his fight are mixed.

Just going off memory here but iirc five people saw one fight.

Person 1 said lee won in three minutes
Person 2 said he won in ten
3 said it took 45
4 said he lost quickly and convincingly
5 said it was a long fight but he lost.

What REALLY happened moo one fucking knows but you idiots just think he's gonna kill Mike fucking Tyson?

Wow dumbassery abounds
[Reply]
kccrow 01:33 PM 01-27-2016
I had read an article, can't remember where now, about a hypothetical Lee v. Norris fight. They argued that in MMA/UFC, that more often than not the guy that was the most well rounded won regardless of size.

Main knocks on Lee: Size and lack of fight experience.
Main knocks on Tyson: Lacks multiple skills.

If Tyson connects on Lee its over. I think that Lee would be a difficult take, and his multiple skillset and ability to also grapple would give Tyson fits. Tough call, but I'm still tending to side with Lee.

One thing to say is that there is no 100%. If you pinned these two against each other multiple times, you'd have both win some of those fights. Its the nature of the beast.

Gimme Rocky Marciano, he was 49-0. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 02:19 PM 01-27-2016
I'm convinced. Lee won a choreographed movie fight against a basketball player. No way tyson can match up with that
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 02:21 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I had read an article, can't remember where now, about a hypothetical Lee v. Norris fight. They argued that in MMA/UFC, that more often than not the guy that was the most well rounded won regardless of size.

Main knocks on Lee: Size and lack of fight experience.
Main knocks on Tyson: Lacks multiple skills.

If Tyson connects on Lee its over. I think that Lee would be a difficult take, and his multiple skillset and ability to also grapple would give Tyson fits. Tough call, but I'm still tending to side with Lee.

One thing to say is that there is no 100%. If you pinned these two against each other multiple times, you'd have both win some of those fights. Its the nature of the beast.

Gimme Rocky Marciano, he was 49-0. :-)
You have to be close to a person to grapple them. The second Lee comes within 3 feet of Tyson, he's dead.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:43 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
You have to be close to a person to grapple them. The second Lee comes within 3 feet of Tyson, he's dead.
Posted via Mobile Device
We are going off no tape, of course. But given Lee's training and sparring experience, he's not going to be rousey bullrushing to get into a grapple situation. He would probably play excellent defense and have a lightning quick counter. I think people against Lee think he'd jump in with flying kicks and shit. There's a pretty good sparring clip, though extremely short, that shows how he might hands sparring.

I think it's intriguing if Lee's talents translated to the ring. Which I agree is a total unknown. If they do, he has a skill set that doesn't make this just about Tyson playing ole'
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:58 PM 01-27-2016
tysons punches might break whatever piece of lee he tried to block with...

or he might KO lee with his own body part...
[Reply]
rico 04:10 PM 01-27-2016
Isn't Kareem Abdul Jabbar on record saying that the size difference between the two was too much for Lee to work with, even in a choreographed fight? Can't remember where I read that. Maybe somewhere in this thread??
[Reply]
redfan 05:19 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by rico:
Isn't Kareem Abdul Jabbar on record saying that the size difference between the two was too much for Lee to work with, even in a choreographed fight? Can't remember where I read that. Maybe somewhere in this thread??
The same place you read that Tyson had all of this wrestling/grappling experience? :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 05:21 PM 01-27-2016
I think we're all forgetting that Tyson would be sans eyes after half of a second inside of Lee's striking radius. That's an important part of this fight you're all just skipping past.

:-)
[Reply]
TimBone 05:37 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I think we're all forgetting that Tyson would be sans eyes after half of a second inside of Lee's striking radius. That's an important part of this fight you're all just skipping past.

De-Eyed him.
[Reply]
redfan 05:43 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Now this guy gets it.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 82
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up