ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 19 of 82
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
rico 10:41 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Boxing match: Tyson. Dude knocked people out with body blows.

Street Fight: Lee. Unless Tyson landed a punch early.
No.

I don't want to sound like the ULTIMATE internet bad ass...but I'd feel confident fighting ANYONE who weighs what Bruce Lee weighed...especially with my wrestling background, which trumps his Jeet Kune Do, IMO. Wrestlers are the baddest motor scooters on the planet...Just wait until Brazil figures this out...
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:41 AM 01-29-2014
depends on what kind of fight

You put them in a ring and the young Tyson wins. Not as much room to move, no weapons etc.

In a no rules death match in the streets, then Bruce Lee.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 10:45 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Boxing match: Tyson. Dude knocked people out with body blows.

Street Fight: Lee. Unless Tyson landed a punch early.
This

And I'm certainly not carrying a flag for Bruce Lee..not for his character nor to being the best in karate of all time.
Top 20 in the past 50 yrs probably.
#1 not a chance just the most dramatized/commercial in modern times.
[Reply]
rico 10:46 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I'm leaning Lee just because I'm not sure Tyson could get close enough before Lee cripples one of his legs some how.

If there are are ropes, I gotta lean Tyson.

I understand that its easy to see what Tyson is and think he's just a bumbling idiot, and he is, but the guy was an AMAZING fighter.
As skilled at his craft as anyone I've seen in the ring.

How long has it been since you've seen the guy fight at 19-20 yrs old?]
Ok, so who would you have in a Lennox Lewis vs. Bruce Lee match-up? How bout an in his prime, George Foreman vs. Bruce Lee match (I still feel Foreman was a better fighter than Ali...just stepped on his dick against him)? I'm assuming Lewis and Foreman.

Bruce Lee = Hollywood...and a good Hollywood figure he was.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:48 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
No.

I don't want to sound like the ULTIMATE internet bad ass...but I'd feel confident fighting ANYONE who weighs what Bruce Lee weighs...especially with my wrestling background, which trumps his Jeet Kune Do, IMO. Wrestlers are the baddest motor scooters on the planet...Just wait until Brazil figures this out...
You don't think there's some small, good martial artists that could just destroy you? Yeah, that's confidence...
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:50 AM 01-29-2014
You actually dont' get a sense of Tyson's Speed or head movement from that Vid because they are knockouts and he's in finishing mode.

My brother and I have been pretty much studying Boxers for the past week or so.
Trying to see who the true Pound for Pound best fighter was at his peak.

After watching them ALL. This guy stood out above the rest.
He tarnished his legacy by just collecting huge purses and trying not to get hit later in his career, but this is the most unbeatable fighter at his peak I've ever seen, and This is who I would really like to see Lee fight. I think he might match Lee's speed if he was bare handed. Check this out.
Before you see the name and say "meh" Watch The Video.

[Reply]
rico 10:57 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
You don't think there's some small, good martial artists that could just destroy you? Yeah, that's confidence...
I am the older brother of a guy who wrestled D1 at 141 lbs (while I wrestled D3 @174-197). My younger bro was capable of beating ANYONE'S ass........as long as they were in his weight range.... With that said, I've always been able to beat my younger brother's ass...this goes for boxing/wrestling/MMA...we've dabbled in all of it....the only thing I can legitimately take seriously other than wrestling and boxing is Jiu Jitsu... and that shit is more useful than boxing, IMO.

Bruce Lee was a charismatic caricature for the ninja genre movies he starred in. Nothing more, nothing less.
[Reply]
TheUte 11:01 AM 01-29-2014
The problem is people are forgetting the physics. The size difference is just too much to over come.

Lee was what under 145 and Tyson is at 220 to 230, just too much difference.
[Reply]
rico 11:05 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
The problem is people are forgetting the physics. The size difference is just too much to over come.

Lee was what under 145 and Tyson is at 220 to 230, just too much difference.
Exactly.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:07 AM 01-29-2014
Tyson would win. He'd pin Lee and pound the shit out of him UFC style, game over.

Not to mention, how hard could it be to beat up a corpse?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 AM 01-29-2014
I would put Lee mehhhh....about the same slot as I would put Norris and.......KAREEM ABDULLAH-JABBAR-KcDERKA-DERKAPANTS!!!!!!

fUCK, I AM WASTED.
What the fuck is this post. I don't even..... Jesus.

I missed this 2 years ago (random bump?), but it is quite the interesting question. Tyson was a fucking marvel. I mean Christ. He was just a fucking animal. An insanely fast, brutal, mean son of a bitch.

Now, there is a lot of shit that martial artists do that is absolutely devastating, and that can offset size difference on normal people. Tyson was not a normal dude. He was a ravenous animal. I've spent (thankfully a small amount of) time around livestock, and even cows or pigs, there isn't really much to offset tremendous physical size/power. 235 pound pig says "I ain't going." He ain't fucking going. What's worse is if he says he is going, and dump trucks your ass because he wants back in the pen with his buddies. You have use panels and corral them, they'll just run right through you. You can knock them fuckers in the head with a bat and they'll just run through you.

This is the way Tyson was to a far far far more fast, explosive, angry, vicious kind of way. That power is unfathomable.

I took Lee in a close one. I think he's got the speed to stay the fuck away and kick low and do the martial arts shit that Tyson isn't trained for.

I'm with the rest though, if Tyson ever even got 25% of a punch through to Lee, it'd be devastating and he probably wouldn't be able to land the next one.

I may be wrong and it may be Tyson, but it's closer than you think.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:11 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Iron mike would not even be able to land a punch. He was an over rated punk that made his name knocking out has beens.
wow :-)
[Reply]
TheUte 11:12 AM 01-29-2014
You know what would be a good fight, Bruce Lee vs Jet Lee.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:15 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
You know what would be a good fight, Bruce Lee vs Jet Lee.
Chris Tucker vs Jackie Chan
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:15 AM 01-29-2014
I am the older brother of a guy who wrestled D1 at 141 lbs (while I wrestled D3 @174-197). My younger bro was capable of beating ANYONE'S ass........as long as they were in his weight range.... With that said, I've always been able to beat my younger brother's ass...this goes for boxing/wrestling/MMA...we've dabbled in all of it....the only thing I can legitimately take seriously other than wrestling and boxing is Jiu Jitsu... and that shit is more useful than boxing, IMO.

Bruce Lee was a charismatic caricature for the ninja genre movies he starred in. Nothing more, nothing less.
hilarious.

Tons of wrestlers go try their hand a MMA and get the shit kicked out of them. Boxers as well. Because your experience in wrestling was one of structure and rules. Holds that aren't designed for another guy being able to hammer punch you in the face.

And you have to actually get the guy on the ground to start wrestling. Good luck "shooting" when the other guy can just knee you in the ****ing face and start elbowing you in the back of the head. Obviously, you can get guys on the ground, but it's much, much, much harder. And even then, there are counters to your wrestling holds that weren't legal in college so you never had to prepare against them.

However, the most basic rule of MMA is that anyone has a puncher's chance, and Tyson is the greatest puncher ever. I'll take Tyson at 225lbs of solid anger vs. 135 pounds. Sometimes size just makes a difference.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 82
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up