ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 18 of 82
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:11 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
Wow am I the only person here who is around a karate studio on a regular basis?
Both my boys take karate.

You've now wasted yrs on an argument that really is no argument at all.ui goŕ
Bruce Lee in his prime would kick Tysons ass in mere minutes.
I should say that is when he gets Tyson into some tapping out hold.
And do not laugh when my sons practice various holds on me you tap out or you break or sleep..Tyson with no brain may decide to break or sleep.
But break or sleep he would.
Whether its an elbow,fingers,knees..size has nothing to do with it just technique.

If its straight up swinging and kicking it might take 5 to 10 minutes to rattle Tyson because he literally doesn't have a ****ing brain inside that dense skull.
this side of an aluminum baseball bat..it would take time but in the end stop wasting your time LEE all the way theres no argument here.

I'm willing to bet a number of the masters of my sons gym unless taken by complete surprise by a Tyson haymaker could widdle him down.
Especially if they got him in a hold.

Any of you who attends a respectable karate gym(licensed,registered) not the one down at the corner with thugs standing outside know what I say is true.

Luckily for my kids they attend a top notch non belt factory gym.

Both my boys will be testing for their black belts in Boston late summer and I'll be one nervous father.
In Tang soo do you can only test once a yr for your black belt and its an 8 hour test.

Sorry I snuck a little dad bragging in there :-)
I got a BB when I was 16 and also trained in ninjutsu.
Grappled till I was 19.
And spent the majority of my youth with what you would call trouble makers.

I fought in the battle of Atlanta tourney and on the street more times than I can count.

I weighed 175.

I dont give a damn what your training is there is no substitute for size and power. NONE.

Your training gives you a much better chance but you are immediatly at a disadvantage.

I had a friend named Paul Owens who came to train with us one day.

Paul was a 6 foot 4, 230 lb roid rage monster.

He decimated everyone in my class with raw power. Black Belts. Grapplers. Karate guys.

By the end of Class no one wanted any part of ol Paul.

Having a BB is a nice achievement it feels good to get one.

But make sure that your boys understand that ol Paul is out there and he does not giva a shit about that.
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:13 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Wait.

You think it would be a good idead to go ground game against a guy who is 80 pounds bigger than you.
or 300lbs difference....oh wait..

[Reply]
lcarus 10:16 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
Oh yeah, how do you "know" that? Were you one of his "Hollywood girlfriends????"

You Hollywood girlfriends are all the same....you have an over-abundance of irrational faith in your caricature boyfriends.
Yes Bruce was a movie star, but it's well known the guy had world class speed, strength, and skill. Plus one hell of a mind. Which would definitely be one advantage he would have over dumbass Tyson. Yeah, if Tyson got a good punch or two on him it would be over, but good luck with that. He could barely hit Holyfield. How is he gonna hit a guy as fast as Lee?
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:22 AM 01-29-2014
Oh and if ANY of your MASTERS could beat Mike Tyson they could be The heavy weight champion of the world right now.

That may be one of the dumbest things ive ever read here.
[Reply]
rico 10:22 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yes Bruce was a movie star, but it's well known the guy had world class speed, strength, and skill. Plus one hell of a mind. Which would definitely be one advantage he would have over dumbass Tyson. Yeah, if Tyson got a good punch or two on him it would be over, but good luck with that. He could barely hit Holyfield. How is he gonna hit a guy as fast as Lee?
How is Lee going to hit someone as fast as Tyson....dude was quick for his 220 lb body.

Some people put Bruce Lee on some sort of Demigod pedestal...dude was human as hell, yo.
[Reply]
rico 01-29-2014, 10:24 AM
This message has been deleted by rico.
Beef Supreme 10:26 AM 01-29-2014
Grappled till I was 19.

I fought in the battle of Atlanta tourney and on the street more times than I can count.

I weighed 175.

I dont give a damn what your training is there is no substitute for size and power. NONE.

Your training gives you a much better chance but you are immediatly at a disadvantage.

He decimated everyone in my class with raw power. Black Belts. Grapplers. Karate guys.

But make sure that your boys understand that ol Paul is out there and he does not giva a shit about that.
Yup.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 01-29-2014, 10:26 AM
This message has been deleted by The Iron Chief.
ThaVirus 10:28 AM 01-29-2014
Bruce Lee was pretty incredible. Dude could do two-finger, one-handed push ups. That's insane.

Tyson was also a beast.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 10:31 AM 01-29-2014
Grappled till I was 19.

I weighed 175.

Trust me I DO get what your saying I do.
I tell my kids often that Paul is out there.
I often tell my youngest to remember if I charged him I could pick him up swing him above my head and slam him down as hard as I could and well I win.
My kids are reserved quiet and take karate as a sport more than I'm gonna kick everyones ass mentality anyhow.

But were talking Tyson in boxing gloves VS Bruce Lee here.
I'm still leaning towards Lee although I admit Tyson is pure Roid Rage with absolutely nothing too rattle in his skull.
I'd pay decent money to witness this fight.
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:34 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
or 300lbs difference....oh wait..

That is the greatest JJ master of all time against a tub of goo who hasnt seen his dick since he was 9.

Fat MFers are the easiest asses to whip on the planet. I'd rather fight a fat guy than a 13 yr old.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:36 AM 01-29-2014
How is Lee going to hit someone as fast as Tyson....dude was quick for his 220 lb body.

Some people put Bruce Lee on some sort of Demigod pedestal...dude was human as hell, yo.
Of course he was human, but he was an incredible human physically.
[Reply]
rico 10:36 AM 01-29-2014
Grappled till I was 19.

I weighed 175.

Yup.

And man, can I ever relate to that story. My first 2 years of college, I was at 174 lbs.. we had a 184 lber my Soph year who SOLD and used roids...Wrestling him was frustrating as hell. He cradled the shit out of me in practice. I hadn't been cradled since I was a 1st grader...couldn't stop it vs. this dude...his forearms/grip was just...too much. By the time we were Seniors, we were 184/197 lbers...both of us the stocky types. However, I put on my mass shoveling stucco and loose rock over the Summer...this dude was all roided out...and somehow maintaining a "cool" demeanor outside of wrasslin' practice. We went to rival schools in HS...I never had a problem doing what I wanted in terms of wrestling him pre-roid era. But in college...that dude is literally the only dude who I think hands down, got the best of me in practice, ever (excluding when I had to wrestle 8th graders when I was in 4th grade in practice).
[Reply]
vailpass 10:37 AM 01-29-2014
Boxing match: Tyson. Dude knocked people out with body blows.

Street Fight: Lee. Unless Tyson landed a punch early.
[Reply]
rico 10:37 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Of course he was human, but he was an incredible human physically.
Insanely overrated, he was....that Lee of the Bruce character.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:39 AM 01-29-2014
Insanely overrated, he was....that Lee of the Bruce character.
Some people do go overboard when they talk about the legend of Lee, yes. But it's still obvious the guy was amazing. I'm not claiming I know for sure who would win here, but it'd be fun to see.
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:41 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
Trust me I DO get what your saying I do.
I tell my kids often that Paul is out there.
I often tell my youngest to remember if I charged him I could pick him up swing him above my head and slam him down as hard as I could and well I win.
My kids are reserved quiet and take karate as a sport more than I'm gonna kick everyones ass mentality anyhow.

But were talking Tyson in boxing gloves VS Bruce Lee here.
I'm still leaning towards Lee although I admit Tyson is pure Roid Rage with absolutely nothing too rattle in his skull.
I'd pay decent money to witness this fight.
I'm leaning Lee just because I'm not sure Tyson could get close enough before Lee cripples one of his legs some how.

If there are are ropes, I gotta lean Tyson.

I understand that its easy to see what Tyson is and think he's just a bumbling idiot, and he is, but the guy was an AMAZING fighter.
As skilled at his craft as anyone I've seen in the ring.

How long has it been since you've seen the guy fight at 19-20 yrs old?]

[Reply]
Page 18 of 82
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up