ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 46
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Hall of Classics>So I was kicked out of my own fantasy entity ...
Hootie 02:21 AM 10-25-2015
Made 90 great lineups this week, too ...

But, alas, was kicked out, $100 stolen, and have no idea why ....

Thread gets deleted ...

But the group doesn't realize ... Password change or not, I'm still logged in via phone app. That's right.

They let me do 6 hours worth of lineups today before, out of nowhere, I'm banned. Whatever. Right?

Hmm. Steal my $100 ..
OnTheWarpath15 10:23 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
All of this but you left out the most important thing: he broke the rules number one ban-worthy rule, didn't care, and openly said he planned to keep doing it.
OH FUCK!

Yes, this is pretty important...

When this whole thing was being established, Hootie said he had ONE IMPORTANT RULE.

NO ONE was allowed to play in the same contest as the group was - the $25 entry Sunday Million contest. The idea being that someone could use the info discussed and create the same lineup, which in theory would cut into our payout because the lineups would place the same, with the same payout.

Ex: Two lineups, both 210 points, win first place, share $1M.

He didn't want to have to "chop" with individuals. We all had to post our personal FD usernames so the contest could be tracked. Anyone caught violating this rule was banned from the group and forfeits their seed money.

This week, Hootie tells the group that he has seven free entries from referrals into the contest, and that HE'S GOING TO PLAY THEM, FUCK THE GROUP. Goes fucking berserk to the point of claiming he's going to leave, then cons the group into letting him use the entries because they were "free" - as if that makes a difference. Typical Hootie, lean on people until they just get sick of fighting.

He wanted to break his most important rule because it benefitted HIM.
OnTheWarpath15 10:24 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, I think people just don't understand the strategy of what you're doing. If I understand it correctly, having UNIQUE lineups is almost more important than having GOOD lineups. Because of that, even mediocre players should end up on lineups here and there.
EXACTLY.
siberian khatru 10:26 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by tk13:
This thread is pretty much how I envision a Donald Trump presidency.
:-)
SAUTO 10:26 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
OH FUCK!

When this whole thing was being established, Hootie said he had ONE IMPORTANT RULE.

NO ONE was allowed to play in the same contest as the group was - the $25 entry Sunday Million contest. The idea being that someone could use the info discussed and create the same lineup, which in theory would cut into our payout because the lineups would place the same, with the same payout.

He didn't want to have to "chop" with individuals. We all had to post our personal FD usernames so the contest could be tracked. Anyone caught violating this rule was banned from the group and forfeits their seed money.

This week, Hootie tells the group that he has seven free entries from referrals into the contest, and that HE'S GOING TO PLAY THEM, FUCK THE GROUP. Goes fucking berserk to the point of claiming he's going to leave, then cons the group into letting him use the entries because they were "free" - as if that makes a difference. Typical Hootie, lean on people until they just get sick of fighting.

So he should have been kicked out immediately.
Buehler445 10:27 AM 10-25-2015
To be fair, Hootie said he would take half the earnings and donate it to the group if the lineup won big. But yeah. Who knows if he actually intended to.
MAYHEM 10:29 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, I think people just don't understand the strategy of what you're doing. If I understand it correctly, having UNIQUE lineups is almost more important than having GOOD lineups. Because of that, even mediocre players should end up on lineups here and there.
10percent of their lineups in a $5000 pool still cracks me up. :-)
Buehler445 10:29 AM 10-25-2015
The Crux of the issue is that Hootie didn't treat other people's money any different than he did his own. Truth is if you are working for a group it carries a different weight. He was too dumb to understand.
MAYHEM 10:30 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
So he should haven even kicked out immediately.
The thread about "what do you trust more than the chiefs..."

"Hootie with your fan duel money" was gold. :-)
Rain Man 10:35 AM 10-25-2015
Actually, I think Alex Smith will have a great week this week.
TimBone 10:41 AM 10-25-2015
OH FUCK!

Yeah, I just started reading that major thread in the fanduel forum, and I'm hoping today's drama doesn't cause it to get deleted before I can finish. Hootie had a major fucking meltdown there. All for being asked to follow his own rule.
farmerchief 10:51 AM 10-25-2015
[QUOTE=OnTheWarpath58;11833409]**** it, I have a half hour to give you some insight on how this REALLY went down. Members of the group, feel free to correct any mistakes from your viewpoint...

First: Look at the title of this thread. Should tell you everything you need to know.

50 people donate $100 each to a group effort. Myself, Flop, Nzoner and Hootie are in charge of physically creating each lineup in Fanduel - BASED ON THE SUGGESTIONS OF THE ENTIRE GROUP. The expectation is that everything is up to the group.

First week. Creating 200 lineups isn't something that happens quickly if you're doing it right...Wednesday. No Hootie. Thursday: "Let me get home from bowling tonight and you'll have my undivided attention." Crickets. Friday: "Let me get home from work tonight and you'll have my undivided attention." IIRC, he finally logged on after 11:00pm - when he knew no one would be on the board.

Saturday morning: I start hearing from group members, concerned that nothing is happening. Flop and I have a discussion about asking the group to wait a week so that we have a plan and plenty of time.

A thread was started. Quite a few people were concerned about going into this all willy-nilly and was on board with waiting. Hootie decided on his own to just start creating lineups, bashing Flop and I, claiming that, "it's not rocket science" and that he's starting if anyone wants to help.

Here begins the trend of Hootie going rogue and doing whatever HE wanted to do with $5000 of other people's money without input from the group.

At that point, we're less than 24 hours to kickoff and Hootie created 188 dummy lineups to be edited. In hindsight, we should have done exactly what was done last night: change the password on him and cancel the entries until we can come to a consensus. Instead, a mad scramble ensues to get playable lineups created. Flop and I do our best to take the input of the group, while Hootie does basically his own thing.

For the record: This bullshit about us losing $3100 that week because Flop and I created a ton of "Chiefs stacks" is complete bullshit. First, we played the Bears that week. There's not a person on the ****ing planet who thought JC and Maclin wasn't a good play that day against a BAD Bears defense. No one expected JC to blow out his knee, either. With all that said, those two were in less than 25% of our lineups - and Hootie didn't complain ONE BIT until AFTER he realized we lost $3100 - some of which because his pet Gronk put up like 5 points. Pet players - another trend that is going to develop over this story.

So our first week ends, and we're down $3100 - who gets blamed?

The two guys that were trying to PROTECT the group's money by suggesting we wait.

Flop gets pissed, rightfully so and decides he's not going to give input since Hootie's not taking suggestions anyway. I found out that Monday that I was being given a metric ****ton of new responsibility, and that the week was going to be a ballbuster. Nzoner refuses to work with Hootie because Hootie went in on Sunday morning and edited several of Nzoner's lineups - one of which would have been a nice payday, IIRC.

So the second week becomes even more of the Hootie show. Make a suggestion in the lineup forum? Get talked down to, and your suggestion ignored. Hey, maybe we should get John Brown in more lineups? Nah. (dude went off for 190 yards)

I check back in on Sunday morning and admit to a HUGE mistake.

I looked at what Hootie had done and praised him. I thought things looked pretty good.

My mistake is that I didn't look close enough and he had gone overboard with ownership of a few players, including SEA defense. 75% of our entries had SEA defense. I noticed less than an hour before gametime and also posted that Bobby Wagner was out, and that SEA defense is not the same with him out. Someone else echoed my comment.

Crickets. SEA gets prison raped at home against Carolina. But we won money, so Hootie casually ignores it.

This week - more of the same. People are starting to get pissed that suggestions are getting ignored and that myself, Flop and Nzoner are sitting on the sidelines. People want more balance and diversification in lineups and not lineups that are Hootie "pet player" heavy.

Instead, we get more of "his ideas are awesome, the rest of you suck" - general Hootie attitude for anyone who has seen more than half of one of his posts. Narcissism personified. At one point he even gets pissed off for being called out, and played the victim card as he always does. He claims he quitting MULTIPLE times and basically goes scorched earth on the entire group. Typical Hootie blowup material like this morning. Eventually, it blows over and he goes on like nothing ever happened.

Sure enough, when he posts a thread where people can talk lineups, the first thing he posts?

Let's start building lineups, starting with 20 Brady/Gronk stacks. Nevermind that the majority of the board asked repeatedly to balance things out, and also expressed concern over the matchup the Pats have. People want more Andrew Luck with a good matchup, more Carson Palmer with a great matchup - Hootie wants less than 10% ownership.

Friday night and yesterday afternoon I start getting PM's and texts from people saying enough's enough and that they need us to step in. I leave at 3:30 to take a friend to dinner and to the Blues game for his 40th birthday. Apparently all hell breaks loose while I'm there. I'm still trying to catch up a bit.

This is honestly just the tip of the iceberg. Flop can add a LOT more than this, as I was engrossed with work during the week and missed a lot of the drama.

TL;DR: Hootie decided that this was a $5000 freeroll for him, (actually made several comments about ruining HIS fun) refused to think of the group or the fact that he was ****ing with other people's money, and people finally had enough of his bullshit, and now he's playing the victim card, as always.[/QUOTE

Pretty much the way things went down. Those of us without access to viewing the submitted lineups had no idea what percent of players were being utilized. Which was another problem.]
NewChief 10:53 AM 10-25-2015

50 people donate $100 each to a group effort. Myself, Flop, Nzoner and Hootie are in charge
From this point forward, there was only one way this thing was going to go down. I mean, a bunch of guys off one of the most fractious football message boards in existence pooling real money together and gambling with it by committee.

Then you've got Hootie who is the freaking gasoline on the fire.

:-)
NewChief 10:55 AM 10-25-2015
Oh hai guys. Let's get the DC forum posters to pool their money together and start a PAC to influence the election. We'll vote by committee on which issues we're going to support....

What could go wrong?
MAYHEM 10:56 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Cool. Did he score some World Series tickets?
Molitoth 11:00 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
But would you put money on that? :-)
Page 17 of 46
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up