ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Steelers just waived Steven Wisniewski...bring him back?
arrowheadnation 02:59 PM 11-07-2020
Do we bring him back in? Has he not been very good this year?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:04 AM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Chiefs have 8 linemen with Austin Reiter, Daniel Kilgore, Mitchell Schwartz, Eric Fisher, Nick Allegretti, Mike Remmers, Andrew Wylie, and Yasir Durant on the 53 man Active Squad.

They currently have Danny Isidora, Bryan Witzmann, and Darryl Williams on the Practice Squad. Isidora has used up two of his practice squad call ups. He is maxed out and would have to be moved up to active squad. Witzmann will have used up one of his two possible call ups with the Carolina game.

Martinas Rankin can return to the Active Squad next week.

Since Danny Isidora has used up his Practice Squad call ups, Chiefs could release Isidora and try to sign Stefan Wisniewski to the PS if possible.

If signing Wisniewski to PS not possible, they may have to decide if Rankin is ready to be on Active Squad or if Wisniewski needs to be signed and added to Active Squad.
My understanding is that there isn't a limit on how many times a player can get brought up. It's just that after two times of being a gameday call up, a player would then have to start to clear waivers to go back to the practice squad.

So isidora could still be brought up and put back on the practice squad but would just have to clear waivers first this next time.

Not really that different, he's eligible to be snagged to someone's active roster right now anyway. Not like anybody is running out to get him.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:45 AM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Imagine him out there playing dead. Couldn't do much worse than the rest of them
Well I mean we all saw Cam Erving play.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:01 PM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
My understanding is that there isn't a limit on how many times a player can get brought up. It's just that after two times of being a gameday call up, a player would then have to start to clear waivers to go back to the practice squad.

So isidora could still be brought up and put back on the practice squad but would just have to clear waivers first this next time.

Not really that different, he's eligible to be snagged to someone's active roster right now anyway. Not like anybody is running out to get him.
Good point and I will agree with you on most of that.

It is a little more complicated though.

With the 2020 Practice Squad rules a team is allowed two "elevations" which allows the team to move the player up for the game, pay them a game check, and then the day after the game they move back to the PS. If a team wants to move a player up for a 3rd game, it requires that the team terminate the PS contract with the player, sign them to the 53 man Active Squad with at least a prorated minimum NFL salary, and then to put them back on the PS the player would then have to pass through waivers.

Also the "Elevations" do not require a player cut from the Active Squad to make room for the newly elevated PS player.

See https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...rch_5_2020.pdf
page 198 for more information on NFL Practice Squad.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:07 PM 11-08-2020
If Remmers is hurt, almost guaranteed Wisnewski comes back
[Reply]
BossChief 02:13 PM 11-08-2020
If healthy, he’s a lock to be brought back, I’d think.
[Reply]
TEX 07:04 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If healthy, he’s a lock to be brought back, I’d think.
Yep.... He proved his value to the Chiefs last seasin.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:47 AM 11-09-2020
Did we sign this polock yet?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:42 PM 11-21-2020

With injuries along their offensive line, the Chiefs are hosting veteran G Stefen Wisniewski for a visit.

He emerged as a key piece for them last season, starting in the Super Bowl and playing well down the stretch.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 21, 2020

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:42 PM 11-21-2020
Love it. No brainer if he passes his physical.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:46 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
spelling polack like that is very polack of you
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:47 PM 11-21-2020
I do think them bringing him in is bad news for Mitch long term this season, though.

To me, it suggests they probably expect Remmers to be RT and only RT now, and Wis will become the new do-it-all backup.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:49 PM 11-21-2020

Soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:00 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
spelling polack like that is very polack of you
Sorry my first time being racist. Wait are Polacks a race or just people of a region?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:01 PM 11-21-2020
Sorry my first time being racist. Wait are Polacks a race or just people of a region?
It's the polish version of guido essentially. My dad is polish and he always called himself a polack lol
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:08 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I do think them bringing him in is bad news for Mitch long term this season, though.

To me, it suggests they probably expect Remmers to be RT and only RT now, and Wis will become the new do-it-all backup.
Remmers is on the Injury Report as having sore ribs.

Personally, I'd rather the Chiefs start Durant and if he falters, then replace him with Remmers because Remmers has been ass all year.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up