ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we still need a slot WR?
UChieffyBugger 04:32 PM 03-20-2018
Now Wilson has left I'm wondering who will play In the slot? I've heard some guys say "Conley can play there" but from what I understand the guy has not really played on the inside either for the Chiefs or In college? When Wilson didn't play last season the slot position looked quite poor tbh, So I'm thinking Veach will be looking to bring one In. There are some decent prospects In the draft like Keke Coutee, Daesean Hamilton and Anthony Miller to name a few.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:49 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hill can play everywhere like Brown did early in his career. Conley and Watkins on the outside while Hill creates mismatches.
Probably the plan.
[Reply]
O.city 04:50 PM 03-20-2018
Put Conley in the slot some

Like Boldin did
[Reply]
RustShack 04:53 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Put Conley in the slot some

Like Boldin did
I’m sure Hill, Watkins, Conley, Robinson, DAT, and Kelce will all see some slot action.
[Reply]
penchief 04:56 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Doubt it. He's special teamer and every once in awhile a Jet Sweep guy. I'm sure someone will emerge in camp.
He may not be the designated slot receiver but I think they view Thomas as being able to do many of the same things Wilson was able to do. He looked decent when playing with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chiefpanther 05:04 PM 03-20-2018
I think chiefs should draft trey Quinn from SMU to play the slot he has great hands and could get him with one of our 4th round picks.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:05 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefpanther:
I think chiefs should draft trey Quinn from SMU to play the slot he has great hands and could get him with one of our 4th round picks.
Yeah, that's another good shout. Saw some scout report claim that "he'll go undrafted", but I doubt it.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:09 PM 03-20-2018
Another benefit of Watkins is now Hill can be moved everywhere on the field.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:21 PM 03-20-2018
I think the plan will be best player available. Seems they're filling needs in FA.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:31 PM 03-20-2018
I'd say yes, but do keep an eye on Chesson as well as Daniel Braverman.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:44 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by RustShack:
We have Hill, Watkins, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, and DAT. I think we are pretty set. If we get anyone else it’s through the draft and not early.
I'm thinking we got a diamond in the rough on the practice squad that I read somewhere is waiting to bust out that drops NOTHING. The next Amendola/Decker. Seems like his name was Deiter ?????
[Reply]
JakeF 05:46 PM 03-20-2018
Our main focus should be adding talent on the Dline before anything else(including passrusher at RDE)

Watkins in the slot? I would hope he would be our best route runner right now and he has the size to handle the inside game.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:46 PM 03-20-2018
If ONE of our WRs after Watkins and Hill can't learn to play the slot, then we're in trouble. Plenty of capable bodies for the 3 and 4 WR role.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:49 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
If ONE of our WRs after Watkins and Hill can't learn to play the slot, then we're in trouble. Plenty of capable bodies for the 3 and 4 WR role.
I still hope that Robinson will develop and push Conley for snaps.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:49 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
But the problem is Conley/Robinson/Chesson are mainly outside WR's and are not built like the typical, small, fast slot Wr's you see these days. So why not just get a kid who fits the mold and has played that position regularly?
[Reply]
JakeF 05:52 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
But the problem is Conley/Robinson/Chesson are mainly outside WR's and are not built like the typical, small, fast slot Wr's you see these days. So why not just get a kid who fits the mold and has played that position regularly?
Watkins should be great in the slot with Hill and Conley/Robinson on the outside. I still don't know what is going to happen with Chesson but he is strictly an outside guy in my opinion.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up