ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we still need a slot WR?
UChieffyBugger 04:32 PM 03-20-2018
Now Wilson has left I'm wondering who will play In the slot? I've heard some guys say "Conley can play there" but from what I understand the guy has not really played on the inside either for the Chiefs or In college? When Wilson didn't play last season the slot position looked quite poor tbh, So I'm thinking Veach will be looking to bring one In. There are some decent prospects In the draft like Keke Coutee, Daesean Hamilton and Anthony Miller to name a few.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:32 PM 03-20-2018
Nope
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:34 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Nope
Who plays there then?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:35 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Who plays there then?
Reek...Kelce....Watkins. Depends on the package i'd assume.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:36 PM 03-20-2018
Hill can play everywhere like Brown did early in his career. Conley and Watkins on the outside while Hill creates mismatches.
[Reply]
chinaski 04:36 PM 03-20-2018
Didn't Coutee play with Mahomes at Texas Tech?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:37 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Reek...Kelce....Watkins. Depends on the package i'd assume.
Do we really want to take Reek and Sam out of the outside? I think getting another quick WR In the slot would cause all sorts of problems because teams simply couldn't cover everyone.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:37 PM 03-20-2018
You could but both Conley and Watkins outside, slide Reek into the slot.

You could play both Watkins and Reek outside, slide Kelce into the slot.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. What's important is that we have guys who can win 1v1. It's the coach's job to put them into a position to get that 1v1 matchup. Don't get too hung up over specific position names.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:38 PM 03-20-2018
I thought that DAT was going to be the slot receiver?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:38 PM 03-20-2018
I think getting another quick WR In the slot would cause all sorts of problems because teams simply couldn't cover everyone.
You'll have that already without a bonafide slot.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:39 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Didn't Coutee play with Mahomes at Texas Tech?
Yep, some highlights HERE and he was Pat's main man at Tech. Chiefs interviewed him at the combine so hope he impressed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:39 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I thought that DAT was going to be the slot receiver?
Doubt it. He's special teamer and every once in awhile a Jet Sweep guy. I'm sure someone will emerge in camp.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:41 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You could but both Conley and Watkins outside, slide Reek into the slot.

You could play both Watkins and Reek outside, slide Kelce into the slot.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. What's important is that we have guys who can win 1v1. It's the coach's job to put them into a position to get that 1v1 matchup. Don't get too hung up over specific position names.
Not a fan of Conley tbh. I also think getting another quick guy would give us good depth in case of injury to the main guys.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:45 PM 03-20-2018
Not a fan of Conley tbh. I also think getting another quick guy would give us good depth in case of injury to the main guys.
I agree, i hope we get another quick footed gadget guy. And i do think they'll get one. I'm totally on board with Coutee. But if they don't, meh, it's ok.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:48 PM 03-20-2018
We have Hill, Watkins, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, and DAT. I think we are pretty set. If we get anyone else it’s through the draft and not early.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up