ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosted Cardinals DT Xavier Williams
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:46 PM 03-18-2018

Some restricted free agent intrigue: the Chiefs hosted Cardinals DT Xavier Williams on a visit this weekend, per source. If Williams signs elsewhere, the Cardinals can match or lose him for no compensation.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2018

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:51 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He has only started two games in his career.

If the Cardinals really want to keep him, they'll probably match, because there's no way we're giving him Bennie Logan money.
At the right price, I'd love it. Cardinals may not match because they may not be long term committed to a 3-4. More and more D's are going 4-3 which should hopefully bring the market value for a NT down. Bring this guy in for cheap and try to get some replacements in the draft.

Deep down, I've been hoping we'd consider a gradual transition to a 4-3. But our interest here makes me think maybe not.
[Reply]
-King- 05:57 PM 03-18-2018
You don't fix Dorsey's mess by cleaning it up with another Dorsey mess.
Dorseys problem was signing guys clearly on the back 9 of their careers to big contracts. Signing Xavier Williams wouldn't be a Dorsey type signing to me.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:57 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
wonder if they could get tricky with the offer and backload it in a way that would keep the Cards from matching cause they have to pay David Johnson next year.

I guess not since they get 15-20 million back from Sam Bradford.
How about if "more than four games are played in the state of Arizona the contract triples" ?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:07 PM 03-18-2018
I love it. Then I have that moment of pause knowing that Sutton might drop him into coverage because he has a red helmet.

Oh well, I like the effort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:30 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
How about if "more than four games are played in the state of Arizona the contract triples" ?
thats just crazy enough to work!
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:51 PM 03-18-2018
IT'S XAVIER TIME, WOMAN!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:58 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m guessing Hankins is too expensive
Great reference. Johnathan Hankins is the better player. Would love to see the Chiefs massage the cap to get this guy. Maybe restructure Houston's deal, Berry's deal, or both. Turn some the base into signing bonus(es). Assuming that it's even needed.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 08:07 PM 03-18-2018
I recall Carl Peterson being on vacation right around this time. Glad to see Veach isn't wasting time and filling obvious holes.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 03-18-2018, 08:15 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefaholic.
Chief Northman 09:22 PM 03-18-2018
Dude is scheduled to make around $1.9 million.

I wonder what the price point is? Pennel got $4 million per on a 3 year deal. Similar in age, but Pennel is bigger and more productive. I would guess the Chiefs offer multi-years at $3-$3.5 million per.

We’ll see if the Cards value him that much.
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 03-19-2018
So?>.....
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:44 AM 03-19-2018
I thought poison pill contracts were banned?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:53 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I don't think its banned but sort of an unspoken gentleman's agreement to not be a douchebag org. Haven't really seen it used since Seattle and Minnesota got into the pissing contest over it many years ago.
[Reply]
RustShack 11:54 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
They are. No more large bonus for like in this instance playing 8 games in Arizona next year.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:05 PM 03-19-2018
You don't fix Dorsey's mess by cleaning it up with another Dorsey mess.
There is no mess. KC has enough money to overpay Watkins, sign a stud LB and sign other FA's.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:10 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
There is no mess. KC has enough money to overpay Watkins, sign a stud LB and sign other FA's.
:-)

And if the Chiefs didn't have $16.7 million in Dead Cap space, so far, in 2018, they'd be able to sign at least one more Blue Chip player.

Dorsey fucked them with the cap, plain and simple.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up