ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)
Simply Red 02:22 PM 03-18-2018
Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)

I have great memories of this place. Those plastic army figures encapsulated inbetween booths inside translucent plastic casing, swimming in sand (few will remember those)

We had one on 7-hwy.

Feel free to discuss Taco Via as well, here.

If you're from the Joplin/Carthage area or SE Kansas, maybe discuss Taco Town?

I was reminded of these places when I ate at Del Taco yesterday (here in Atlanta) and noticed they served fries w/ Tacos and offerend Burgers on their menu.

Del Taco was very good - nothing like the crap it once was when it left the Atlanta Burbs in the mid nineties - this 'new' one just opened. They're back w/ a new menu and attitude! - DelTacoReviewBrah

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:15 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Rallys is pure garbage
Rallys has the potential to be great, but most are pure garbage.

They have great burgers with great toppings and great fries, but they put them in sketchy places and often the quality out the door reflects that.

When they execute well, they are preferable to many of the fast food burgers out there, but that happens rarely.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:24 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
hits like bellbeefer and enchirito no longer available.
I don't remember the bellbeefer but the enchirito is still available. It's not on the menu but you can order it. No black olives obv

I googled to make sure I wasn't crazy and it was apparently discontinued in the last month :-)
https://www.reddit.com/r/tacobell/co..._discontinued/
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:27 AM 03-19-2018
not the same as it was. Sorry to say.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:06 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Rallys has the potential to be great, but most are pure garbage.

They have great burgers with great toppings and great fries, but they put them in sketchy places and often the quality out the door reflects that.

When they execute well, they are preferable to many of the fast food burgers out there, but that happens rarely.
Fast foodies know the deal (you gotta go to the hood pretty much to find them)
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:37 AM 03-19-2018
Don’t remember much about the food but that neon Texas Toms sign is iconic. Kind of like the car dealership commercial that promises a free diamond necklace with every test drive.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:38 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Don’t remember much about the food but that neon Texas Toms sign is iconic.
oh yes!
[Reply]
chinaski 10:27 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
the bellbeefer

Ah yes, the Bellbeefer. Taco Bell's take on a Torta. Sort of a loose meat Sloppy Joe type deal, taco meat on a bun. There was a non corporate Taco Bell in SOCAL that still makes those in El Monte, California I believe. Don't know if they still do...
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:04 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Ah yes, the Bellbeefer. Taco Bell's take on a Torta. Sort of a loose meat Sloppy Joe type deal, taco meat on a bun. There was a non corporate Taco Bell in SOCAL that still makes those in El Monte, California I believe. Don't know if they still do...
that be the one - again - they'd put black olive on them, back in the day.
[Reply]
tooge 01:18 PM 03-19-2018
Texas Toms was good stuff back in the day. Never had their tenderloin though. Tenderloin grill is the place to go IMO for a great tenderloin in KC, although so many do it now, that there are probably lots of places to get a good one.
[Reply]
srvy 01:19 PM 03-19-2018
in a tub's powdered cheese was yellow, wasnt it?
Always was when I ate there. Anyone remember when burger king offered tacos? They were a lot like In A Tub.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:20 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Always was when I ate there. Anyone remember when burger king offered tacos? They were a lot like In A Tub.
I do! They weren't that bad for the price - although it was funny they used the burger cheese slices. 2 for .99cents though - couldn't beat it. We wore out that promotion. Probably not a good thing. :-)
[Reply]
srvy 01:24 PM 03-19-2018
in a tub's powdered cheese was yellow, wasnt it?

Google images BK fried tacos. My BK doesnt offer them anymore,

[Reply]
carcosa 01:26 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
nice pic
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:33 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by tooge:
Texas Toms was good stuff back in the day. Never had their tenderloin though. Tenderloin grill is the place to go IMO for a great tenderloin in KC, although so many do it now, that there are probably lots of places to get a good one.
Kitty's is the best in KC
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:37 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Kitty's is the best in KC
I thought they'd closed??
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up