ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)
Simply Red 02:22 PM 03-18-2018
Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)

I have great memories of this place. Those plastic army figures encapsulated inbetween booths inside translucent plastic casing, swimming in sand (few will remember those)

We had one on 7-hwy.

Feel free to discuss Taco Via as well, here.

If you're from the Joplin/Carthage area or SE Kansas, maybe discuss Taco Town?

I was reminded of these places when I ate at Del Taco yesterday (here in Atlanta) and noticed they served fries w/ Tacos and offerend Burgers on their menu.

Del Taco was very good - nothing like the crap it once was when it left the Atlanta Burbs in the mid nineties - this 'new' one just opened. They're back w/ a new menu and attitude! - DelTacoReviewBrah

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:36 PM 03-18-2018
T
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I don't recall any there - but I've been back only about 7 times since 1992 so yeah - we do have Checkers here in Atlanta - they're only so, so (if that) If you're lucky to get it good and fresh - they're not even as decent as Sonic.
They call them Rallys in some areas. There are some in St Louis. I heard their primo burgers are good.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:37 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Mayo, fancy ****ing mayo/aioli if you got it.
sure I'd do that. I've always done mustard on mine. Been forever since I've had one - that's truly unique to KC - those fried pork tenderloin sandwiches - maybe 3 states, something like Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska - perhaps Oklahoma? But seems they're most prevalent in KC. You don't see them in Atlanta nor the southeast, at all. - not even at our Culvers - who I understand carries them in Missouri and Wisconsin.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:49 PM 03-18-2018
T

They call them Rallys in some areas. There are some in St Louis. I heard their primo burgers are good.
yep - catch them on a good day - they're probably still good. But they've changed their methods - I can just tell. when I first moved here - it was one of the things that Atlanta had that KC (at the time) did not - and they were really damned good, back then.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:51 PM 03-18-2018
Ok here's my thing w/ Checkers - In the late nineties they were really good burgers. Then they became really unfresh tasting - as if they were under a lamp or a heating device for many minutes then they'd just toast a bun and you'd get what you got.

When fresh - I'm sure they're still decent - but the last two times I gave them a shot (over the last two years) - I could hardly eat it. The fries were always good though, for sure.
Last time I ate there would have been the late 90’s, I remember it being pretty good...I Left KC in ‘97. We have, or at least had, Rally’s here but I’ve never gone to one...not close to where I live...but I remember seeing one on Venice Blvd in Culver City, that’s been about a decade ago though...
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:59 PM 03-18-2018
loved their breakfast
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:08 PM 03-18-2018
FYP
Wouldn't be surprising if he sucked dick for meth at Kessler park
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:26 PM 03-18-2018
I used to go to the Texas Tom's on 87th and Blue Ridge about once a month from 2001-2007. I liked their taco sauce quite a bit.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:56 AM 03-19-2018
sure I'd do that. I've always done mustard on mine. Been forever since I've had one - that's truly unique to KC - those fried pork tenderloin sandwiches - maybe 3 states, something like Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska - perhaps Oklahoma? But seems they're most prevalent in KC. You don't see them in Atlanta nor the southeast, at all. - not even at our Culvers - who I understand carries them in Missouri and Wisconsin.
Indiana takes great pride in their Tloin sammies, make a bad one, you toast.

A local soda fountain turned beer bar has a local cut and tenderize, they bread and fry them. For $4 with a $2 Two Hearted...best place ever...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:06 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wouldn't be surprising if he sucked dick for meth at Kessler park
He wouldn't survive a day... maybe not even a Sat afternoon. He be catfish food in a matter of hours.

Remember the "Slipper" on IA? Maybe there???
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:10 AM 03-19-2018
KC United can you tell me more about The Italian sandwich - there at Texas Toms? Thanks
I can’t recall having ordering it or seeing that sandwich, sorry. I bet it’s solid though.
[Reply]
threebag 06:03 AM 03-19-2018
:-) the Kessler Park dinning experience

I don't think it can be said enough, Taco Bell is shit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:17 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Fuck it, I'm loading up the Jeep and heading to Carthage right now just so I can be part of the thread.
Tell you what buddy;
It's not what you do it's how you do it.
Be anything you want to be.
It's not what you got it's how you use it.
You be you And I'll be me.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:30 AM 03-19-2018
Rallys is pure garbage
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 AM 03-19-2018
Never been.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:14 AM 03-19-2018
I haven't ate at a Texas Toms in forever. Surprised they're still around. I can't remember anything they did particularly well. I seem to remember Jalapeno poppers being good
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up