ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)
Simply Red 02:22 PM 03-18-2018
Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)

I have great memories of this place. Those plastic army figures encapsulated inbetween booths inside translucent plastic casing, swimming in sand (few will remember those)

We had one on 7-hwy.

Feel free to discuss Taco Via as well, here.

If you're from the Joplin/Carthage area or SE Kansas, maybe discuss Taco Town?

I was reminded of these places when I ate at Del Taco yesterday (here in Atlanta) and noticed they served fries w/ Tacos and offerend Burgers on their menu.

Del Taco was very good - nothing like the crap it once was when it left the Atlanta Burbs in the mid nineties - this 'new' one just opened. They're back w/ a new menu and attitude! - DelTacoReviewBrah

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:03 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I was raised on Via, TT, and somewhat nicer place in Annie's Sante Fe.
Annie's was good Tex Mex for a while but I think their quality declined and they tanked.

Taco Via and Texas Toms aren't Mexican, they're American versions of Americanized Mexican food.

That's not to say that were "bad" but they aren't Mexican.

True Mexican food can be seen in Suzzer's thread about his trip down South of the Border.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:05 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Same with LA. I have awesome street tacos everywhere within .5 miles of my home and on Tuesday's, they're $1 dollar for chicken, steak and pork.

El Pollo Loco changed things up a few years ago and completely revamped their menu.

It is by far, the best "Fast Food" Mexican place around, although it's more of a dine in place at this point.

Their new salsa bar rules and is on par, if not better, than most Mom & Pop places, IMO, but I'm a sucker for salsa Rojas.
Yeah, Southern Cal has great Mexican as well. Can't recall the name of the place right across the street from Petco Park but it's at least as good as the places here. I bet it's great in LA
[Reply]
Buzz 09:06 PM 03-18-2018
Love Texas Tom's burritos, always gives me the shits.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:07 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I bet it's great in LA
It's pretty ridiculous. I've eaten in Mexico too many times to count and while that was excellent as well, it wasn't much different than what I get in Los Angeles.

It's basically just a matter of different recipes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:07 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Love Texas Tom's burritos, always gives me the shits.
Metamucil and Citrucel can do that too and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:09 PM 03-18-2018
Taco Buenos?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:09 PM 03-18-2018
Annie's was good Tex Mex for a while but I think their quality declined and they tanked.

Taco Via and Texas Toms aren't Mexican, they're American versions of Americanized Mexican food.

That's not to say that were "bad" but they aren't Mexican.

True Mexican food can be seen in Suzzer's thread about his trip down South of the Border.
oh I agree - I was meaning the authentic place i ate wasn't good. I guess I call the Amercian versions 'tex mex'
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:11 PM 03-18-2018
It's pretty ridiculous. I've eaten in Mexico too many times to count and while that was excellent as well, it wasn't much different than what I get in Los Angeles.

It's basically just a matter of different recipes.
I ate authentic up and down the west coast of Mexico in Cabo, Puerto V and Mazatlan - all were better than I anticipated.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:11 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Taco Buenos?
never been.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:12 PM 03-18-2018
Need some Taco Town comments - it is in Carthage. It's in line w/ all of these others.
Fuck it, I'm loading up the Jeep and heading to Carthage right now just so I can be part of the thread.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:13 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
**** it, I'm loading up the Jeep and heading to Carthage right now just so I can be part of the thread.
srs?
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:18 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Taco Buenos?
Ok, we do have one of those here. Or at least we did, who knows if it's still around because it was in a part of town I rarely go to. Wasn't a fan, they used disgusting cheese sauce on everything instead of shredded cheese.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:19 PM 03-18-2018
in a tub's powdered cheese was yellow, wasnt it?
Yes.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:20 PM 03-18-2018

[Reply]
Bugeater 09:21 PM 03-18-2018
srs?
I wish. I got gypped out of my annual trek down that way last fall because of the work bullshit.

I am hoping to work in a visit this spring, so remind me if you see me posting from down there.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up