ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)
Simply Red 02:22 PM 03-18-2018
Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)

I have great memories of this place. Those plastic army figures encapsulated inbetween booths inside translucent plastic casing, swimming in sand (few will remember those)

We had one on 7-hwy.

Feel free to discuss Taco Via as well, here.

If you're from the Joplin/Carthage area or SE Kansas, maybe discuss Taco Town?

I was reminded of these places when I ate at Del Taco yesterday (here in Atlanta) and noticed they served fries w/ Tacos and offerend Burgers on their menu.

Del Taco was very good - nothing like the crap it once was when it left the Atlanta Burbs in the mid nineties - this 'new' one just opened. They're back w/ a new menu and attitude! - DelTacoReviewBrah

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:09 PM 03-18-2018
Never even heard of them, but looking at the menu, seems like TTs did just about everything... from fish and chips to gyros, tacos and all points in between

Trying to do it all, generally means you arent that great at any one thing... but I bet its a good place to hit on a drunken saturday night
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:09 PM 03-18-2018
Texas Toms at Independence Avenue was a regular stop back in the day.
[Reply]
Fish 06:14 PM 03-18-2018
There's a Texas Tom's down the street from where I work. But I've honestly never been there. Maybe I'll give it a try. What should I get?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:17 PM 03-18-2018
I’d advise getting wasted first and still staying away from the tacos.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:23 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
There's a Texas Tom's down the street from where I work. But I've honestly never been there. Maybe I'll give it a try. What should I get?
I'd get a burger and a soft taco and fries?? something along those lines. The burger is pretty basic but good enough - considering you're lucky enough to be getting something like a taco with it. I think (IIRC) they only put - cheese, pickle, onions, lettuce + mustard on their buger by menu default.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:23 PM 03-18-2018
Pork Tenderloin is decent - or at least used to be.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:24 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Pork Tenderloin is decent - or at least used to be.
Sandersons, man. Sandersons.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:49 PM 03-18-2018
KC United can you tell me more about The Italian sandwich - there at Texas Toms? Thanks
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:52 PM 03-18-2018
Attached: man-sitting-toilet-16385658.jpg (44.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 06:58 PM 03-18-2018
Two whole catfish and fries for $9.99 eh? Pull up and drop $50 to eat nine different animals across four different styles of food.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:03 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Two whole catfish and fries for $9.99 eh? Pull up and drop $50 to eat nine different animals across four different styles of food.
people commented on them on Yelp indicating their fried fish is good. I'd never choose that, but hey...
[Reply]
Fish 07:05 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'd get a burger and a soft taco and fries?? something along those lines. The burger is pretty basic but good enough - considering you're lucky enough to be getting something like a taco with it. I think (IIRC) they only put - cheese, pickle, onions, lettuce + mustard on their buger by menu default.
I'll give it a shot and report.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:06 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm a pretty big Texas Tom's (Linwood Ave) fan. I moved nearby in my early 20's and hit it late at night or when skating through midtown during the day. I also had a buddy that lived over by KC Med and we'd hit the one on Rainbow before they converted it into a bar named Downings (2000 I think; awesome place) which was ultimately leveled and developed into apts. Things the Linwood location excelled at were their piping hot tots and tenderloin sandwich.

I came back to KC in Feb 2017 for a funeral after the Linwood location reopened after many years of being closed and drunken Hasselhoff'd a late night Texas Tom's (Linwood) session inside the Holiday Inn downtown. I snapped a pic by hotel desk light to capture the moment. Tenderloin sandwich, burrito, tots, and that taco sauce (not as good as Via's).

I just noticed the Hasselhoff part.
:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:06 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
I'll give it a shot and report.
oh good!
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:39 PM 03-18-2018
One of my best friends in high school was a cook at Toxic Tom’s in Independence. They would fry ANYTHING.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up