ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)
Simply Red 02:22 PM 03-18-2018
Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)

I have great memories of this place. Those plastic army figures encapsulated inbetween booths inside translucent plastic casing, swimming in sand (few will remember those)

We had one on 7-hwy.

Feel free to discuss Taco Via as well, here.

If you're from the Joplin/Carthage area or SE Kansas, maybe discuss Taco Town?

I was reminded of these places when I ate at Del Taco yesterday (here in Atlanta) and noticed they served fries w/ Tacos and offerend Burgers on their menu.

Del Taco was very good - nothing like the crap it once was when it left the Atlanta Burbs in the mid nineties - this 'new' one just opened. They're back w/ a new menu and attitude! - DelTacoReviewBrah

[Reply]
bobbymitch 08:50 PM 03-19-2018
Oooh, Texas Tom's on Blue Ridge was my go to place for pork tenderloins back in the 80's. With mayo, lettuce and tomato. Great memories.

Noland Road & Cool Crest. Wow. I still have free game coming them that I won when I was dating my future wife. This year we'll have been married 51 years. No expiration date on either item.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:55 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by bobbymitch:
Oooh, Texas Tom's on Blue Ridge was my go to place for pork tenderloins back in the 80's. With mayo, lettuce and tomato. Great memories.

Noland Road & Cool Crest. Wow. I still have free game coming them that I won when I was dating my future wife. This year we'll have been married 51 years. No expiration date on either item.

That's a good story - thank you for sharing - We used to get our tennis gear at Nevada Bob's - as a side-note KC Native (a cp poster) - his grandmother owned Las Playas across from cool crest - it was delicious.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:20 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Holy fucking shit.

This is literally the most depressing thing I've ever seen on Chiefsplanet.
They're the Jeep Liberty of Mexican food for sure.
[Reply]
srvy 09:24 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Manuel Special Burrito, El Tepeyac, East LA

:-)
What a beast Id give it my best try to finish it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:30 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Listen, this is not a valid comparison.

That plate of food is...that's a goddamn rusted out AMC Gremlin.

[Reply]
stlchiefs 10:23 PM 03-19-2018
Texas Toms on Troost in college was amazing drunk food. Never ate there sober, but a Buck a Roo basket early in the morning was unbeatable!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:29 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I thought they'd closed??
No around the new year they shutdown for a bit for a family vacation I believe.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:29 PM 03-19-2018
Let's us please congraduate Simply red on a successful 158 post thread
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:45 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
that's very sweat

All drank too that
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:06 AM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
That's a good story - thank you for sharing - We used to get our tennis gear at Nevada Bob's - as a side-note KC Native (a cp poster) - his grandmother owned Las Playas across from cool crest - it was delicious.
That was good, bought some golf gear from that NB's. OP store too. Remember the all the tees you could get with one hand for $1?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:42 AM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
There are still people who go there just for those, and how cheap were they last time you bought them?
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:27 AM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
That was good, bought some golf gear from that NB's. OP store too. Remember the all the tees you could get with one hand for $1?
in the bucket by the counter? I think so.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:32 AM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Absolutely. Part of what keeps me coming back to this board is the KC nostalgia.
[Reply]
TLO 08:47 AM 03-20-2018

[Reply]
Simply Red 01:18 PM 03-25-2018
Took my parents to Del Taco today - I stuck with the #9 - our bill was $24.54 - however my Step Father got the del burger combo w/ an extra taco - mom got the two taco combo - I got the #9 combo w/ burrito and taco. Also mom got the table a chips and queso.

Very tasty stuff.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up