ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)
Simply Red 02:22 PM 03-18-2018
Talk to me about Texas Tom's and your experiences there (past/present)

I have great memories of this place. Those plastic army figures encapsulated inbetween booths inside translucent plastic casing, swimming in sand (few will remember those)

We had one on 7-hwy.

Feel free to discuss Taco Via as well, here.

If you're from the Joplin/Carthage area or SE Kansas, maybe discuss Taco Town?

I was reminded of these places when I ate at Del Taco yesterday (here in Atlanta) and noticed they served fries w/ Tacos and offerend Burgers on their menu.

Del Taco was very good - nothing like the crap it once was when it left the Atlanta Burbs in the mid nineties - this 'new' one just opened. They're back w/ a new menu and attitude! - DelTacoReviewBrah

[Reply]
frozenchief 01:56 PM 03-19-2018
I hadn't thought of Texas Tom's in decades. My memories are eating tacos in the Olathe Taco Tom's when I was 5 or 6 with my dad. Mid 70s or so. Haven't seen one since mid 80s. Food may well have been shit but I don't remember. I just have fond memories of going there with my dad.
[Reply]
chinaski 01:59 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Always was when I ate there. Anyone remember when burger king offered tacos? They were a lot like In A Tub.

Google images BK fried tacos. My BK doesnt offer them anymore,

Yes. They were trying to get a foothold on Jack in the Box's Taco market, very similar tacos. I haven't been to a BK in years, they might still have them out here?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:10 PM 03-19-2018
Texas Toms reminds me of texas toast and their onion rings - and Cool Crest (I think there was a Toms close to Cool Crest?).

Taco Via - brought my wife there (grew up in a mexican family in so-cal)........she thought I was out of my mind.

And by the way - knowing a little spanglish and slang now - I find it funny that Taco Via sells a "Sancho" (look it up for a laugh).
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:12 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Texas Toms reminds me of texas toast and their onion rings - and Cool Crest (I think there was a Toms close to Cool Crest?).

Taco Via - brought my wife there (grew up in a mexican family in so-cal)........she thought I was out of my mind.

And by the way - knowing a little spanglish and slang now - I find it funny that Taco Via sells a "Sancho" (look it up for a laugh).

Sancho is slag (Sanchez), I don't think it was 45 years ago. Hasn't seemed to matter. These things were good when I was young, many years ago...
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:26 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

Sancho is slag (Sanchez), I don't think it was 45 years ago. Hasn't seemed to matter. These things were good when I was young, many years ago...
that does look good.
[Reply]
srvy 07:34 PM 03-19-2018
When I see Sancho I always think of late 70 driving my Van to Springfield Mo. Picking up my buddies who went to school down there then to the original Mexican Villa for a sancho enchilada style. Then off to the Roaring River for rainbows.

[Reply]
srvy 07:36 PM 03-19-2018

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:46 PM 03-19-2018
Gotta be honest. That looks like Taco Via level of vileness. I'd rather go to Taco Bell.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:47 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Holy shit. If you eat this you are white trash and should kill yourself.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:50 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I on the other hand, was in hawg fucking heaven

Holy fucking shit.

This is literally the most depressing thing I've ever seen on Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:59 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Holy fucking shit.

This is literally the most depressing thing I've ever seen on Chiefsplanet.
:-) looks like dogfood
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:04 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
:-) looks like dogfood
It looks like something you'd get at a gas station.

I'm guessing I could enter "restaurant" on google maps KC and point randomly at the screen and find better food.
[Reply]
chinaski 08:31 PM 03-19-2018
Manuel Special Burrito, El Tepeyac, East LA

:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:38 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Manuel Special Burrito, El Tepeyac, East LA

:-)
oh yes!
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 08:49 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I thought they'd closed??
Just ate there last Thursday - still good!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up