ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Netflix: Babylon Berlin
listopencil 07:42 PM 03-16-2018

I'm a few episodes in and it's enjoyable.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:45 AM 03-17-2018
I binged quite a few episodes of this. The acting is great and the production value is very high. I've been watching with English subtitles. I got sucked in.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:00 AM 03-17-2018
Fantastic, yet MORE shit for me to put on My List. Thanks, listo!

And just because I can't not think of this whenever I hear German being spoken -

[Reply]
listopencil 11:08 AM 03-17-2018
I think you'll like it. As I understand there is a version that has been dubbed in English but I like to watch stuff like this in the original dialogue. I'd rather hear the voices of the original actors as I am a very quick reader and I can follow along easily.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:11 AM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I think you'll like it. As I understand there is a version that has been dubbed in English but I like to watch stuff like this in the original dialogue. I'd rather hear the voices of the original actors as I am a very quick reader and I can follow along easily.
I'm with you there. I always have a slight annoyance having to read the subtitles and try to gauge what's happening concurrently, but I also would rather hear the original actors instead of dubbed over voices. All those old Godzilla that were terribly dubbed over led me to that opinion, lol.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:17 AM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm with you there. I always have a slight annoyance having to read the subtitles and try to gauge what's happening concurrently, but I also would rather hear the original actors instead of dubbed over voices. All those old Godzilla that were terribly dubbed over led me to that opinion, lol.
No doubt. I'm a natural speed reader. I read in blocks of text, often whole sentences at a glance depending on the format. It comes in handy and pisses off anyone watching Jeopardy! at home with me. After a bit of digging I've read that this was the most expensive non English speaking television series ever made. I would believe that. I'm not a history buff by any means but this felt very authentic as I watched.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:25 AM 03-17-2018
Oh, and this is another show where you don't necessarily have 'good' guys and 'bad' guys. The characters are somewhat complicated people with their own motivations that continually make choices to advance their interests.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:07 PM 03-17-2018
l don’t watch movies or series l have to read.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:18 PM 03-17-2018
After a bit of digging I've read that this was the most expensive non English speaking television series ever made.
Causing a bit of controversy too, as the British taxpayer footed the bill for the thing [TV tax], but they didn't get to watch it until the first-run period was over in Germany.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:28 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You can choose between German with subtitles or an English dub you bonehead.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:29 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Causing a bit of controversy too, as the British taxpayer footed the bill for the thing [TV tax], but they didn't get to watch it until the first-run period was over in Germany.
Oh? I did not know that. I saw that the release date was in 2017 but I haven't read much about the series.
[Reply]
Miles 12:33 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I find I don't even notice it other than I can't watch passively and mess around on the internet. Think your mind kinda adapts to put it all together so you don't even notice your dealing with subtitles.
[Reply]
Miles 12:33 PM 03-17-2018
Have heard really good things about this one.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:36 PM 03-17-2018
Liv Lisa Fries (female lead) is an enigmatic little cutie in this. It's hard to find a still pic that does her justice.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:38 PM 03-17-2018
Liv Lisa Fries (female lead) is an enigmatic little cutie in this. It's hard to find a still pic that does her justice.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up