57. Titans: EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA

58. Falcons: TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State

59. Steelers: LB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

60. 49ers (from Saints): RB Mark Walton, Miami

61. Vikings: OG Will Hernandez, UTEP

62. Jaguars: C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

63. Patriots: OT Jamarco Jones, Ohio State

64. Browns (from Eagles): DL Taven Bryan, Florida
One minor thing here: Harrison Phillips is going in the first rd. Daniel Jeremiah already has him there based on what he’s heard.

CB seems to be the strong suit of this rd. Who else should we look at?
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 02-27-2018
I don't think they're one player away so I'd prefer them sit and take as many shots as they can. I wish they had a higher pick to get a more premium prospect, but this is why they get paid the big bucks so figure it out.

Have to see what happens after free agency.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:03 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interesting point by Kent Swanson on AP. Chiefs have multiple options in the draft.

Option A-Trade 2nd rd 54th pick (360 pts) & 3rd rd 78th pick (200 pts) for to move into the high 2nd rd for the player they want. The 34th pick is 560 pts.

Option B-trade our 2nd rd 54th pick and our later 3rd rd 86th pick (160 pts) to move up to around the 38th pick.

Option C-stay where you are with 3 picks in the top 100.

Veach says he wants youth and speed. Best way to do that is the draft.
I don’t know how I feel about trading up early. Have to see who’s available.

I think I’d rather package those 2 4th’s to snatch some talent that slips into day 3.

Happens every year with guys like Carl Lawson and Joe Schobert.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:08 AM 02-27-2018
Veach might trade next years 2nd rd pick that we just acquired to move up into the 1st rd round. Lowest 2nd rd value is 270 points. That plus our 54th pick would equal value of the 30th pick.

5th year option is going to be very important for this pick due to Mahomes.
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 02-27-2018
I'd like to get back into the first round, but they need depth and more picks not less so I'd probably just sit tight and nail what I've got.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:12 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd like to get back into the first round, but they need depth and more picks not less so I'd probably just sit tight and nail what I've got.
We’re really on the same page this offseason man. I find myself agreeing with you a lot.
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We’re really on the same page this offseason man. I find myself agreeing with you a lot.
Scary stuff. Not sure what to do.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:14 AM 02-27-2018
I will say though, packaging next years 2nd from the Rams to get into the 1st is intriguing depending on who’s available.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 02-27-2018
I'm waiting to see what happens in free agency before I get to into the draft though player wise.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I will say though, packaging next years 2nd form the Rams to get into the 1st is intriguing depending on who’s available.
For sure. I'm not sure what else it would take though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 02-27-2018
Chiefs need to come out of this offseason and draft with about 5 new starters on D.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 02-27-2018
That's a lot. They're gonna be active in free agency and trades IMO>
[Reply]
RunKC 09:22 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I disagree. Few thoughts:

-I don’t see this team spending a lot of money on guys like Trumaine Johnson.
—The blame was on the players and Bob Sutton’s job might be on the line this year. I think that you do what you can to get the best talent to fix the team. That can't strictly come through FA.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 02-27-2018
I disagree. Few thoughts:

-I don’t see this team spending a lot of money on guys like Trumaine Johnson.
—The blame was on the players and Bob Sutton’s job might be on the line this year. I think that you do what you can to get the best talent to fix the team. That can't strictly come through FA.
No, they also need an abundance of talent to fix the team. That's not gonna come from trading up.

You've traded up for the QB. Now you've gotta have as many darts to throw at the board as you can.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:43 AM 02-27-2018
Interesting point by Kent Swanson on AP. Chiefs have multiple options in the draft.

Option A-Trade 2nd rd 54th pick (360 pts) & 3rd rd 78th pick (200 pts) for to move into the high 2nd rd for the player they want. The 34th pick is 560 pts.

Option B-trade our 2nd rd 54th pick and our later 3rd rd 86th pick (160 pts) to move up to around the 38th pick.

Option C-stay where you are with 3 picks in the top 100.

Veach says he wants youth and speed. Best way to do that is the draft.
Depends how he views the class defensively. If he thinks he can get 3 starters by staying put, I’d do that. If he sees a guy that he believes in and has to trade up, he needs to do it.

Those two 4th round picks could be starters too honestly. Maybe not immediately but eventually.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:59 AM 02-27-2018
I think trading up depends on what happens in free agency and who’s still available at pick 28-32. Then it depends on the cost. I like this idea because you get one more year of control. If we can go up and give up a 3rd and 4th? I’m not parting with pick 54. This team needs as many picks as possible.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up