57. Titans: EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA

58. Falcons: TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State

59. Steelers: LB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

60. 49ers (from Saints): RB Mark Walton, Miami

61. Vikings: OG Will Hernandez, UTEP

62. Jaguars: C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

63. Patriots: OT Jamarco Jones, Ohio State

64. Browns (from Eagles): DL Taven Bryan, Florida
One minor thing here: Harrison Phillips is going in the first rd. Daniel Jeremiah already has him there based on what he’s heard.

CB seems to be the strong suit of this rd. Who else should we look at?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:03 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Just a week ago I had it in my head that we’d soon be paying $18M per year for Peters, so I don’t mind the money aspect. If they can front load it, then yes I would.
I don’t see KC outbidding teams for him. I think they’re going to be acting crazy this FA but with smaller deals and maybe one big signing.
[Reply]
Mr Hammock 09:28 PM 02-25-2018
Obviously things will change post-FA but I'd lean toward DL or LB right now.
Going to be some good stack linebackers available. Might the best approach.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:56 PM 02-25-2018
A big issue however is the large amount of needs with the defense. The CB position does need upgraded, but we also need a NT, a WILB, depth or upgrade at ROLB, safety depth or upgrade at S.

Veach is going to have a major challenge filling all of these needs in logical succession.
It’s going to take more than 1 offseason to do this unfortunately. That’s how fucking bad the defense is.

Dorsey fucked this franchise hard
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 PM 02-25-2018
Again for the people in the back: this is a deep DB class. There will be starting caliber corners in early rd 2.

A DL needs to be from FA. The odds of a 2nd rd DL being ready day 1 are not great.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:43 PM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Again for the people in the back: this is a deep DB class. There will be starting caliber corners in early rd 2.

A DL needs to be from FA. The odds of a 2nd rd DL being ready day 1 are not great.
I disagree. If somebody like Bryan, Phillips, or Settle falls you have to take them. Either one of those guys can have an impact and taking a different position doesn’t guarantee anything.

I have a good feeling one of those guys makes it to us with this strong DL class.

You can still find DB’s that can have a day 1 impact in the 3rd.
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 PM 02-26-2018
They need to hit the depth during free agency. Get the big players cheap in the draft. Have to hit this draft out the park.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:47 PM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I disagree. If somebody like Bryan, Phillips, or Settle falls you have to take them. Either one of those guys can have an impact and taking a different position doesn’t guarantee anything.

I have a good feeling one of those guys makes it to us with this strong DL class.

You can still find DB’s that can have a day 1 impact in the 3rd.
I’d be shocked if any of those 3 fall past pick 35. I think they are first rd talents. At worst they will be picked first on day 2 IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:12 PM 02-26-2018
I’d be shocked if any of those 3 fall past pick 35. I think they are first rd talents. At worst they will be picked first on day 2 IMO.
I see way too many people with those rated guys all over the place to say neither one will make it to us. There doesn’t seem to be anything close to a real consensus, and if they don’t make it I think somebody like Justin Reid or Leighton Vander Ech will.

Either way I think you take the best defensive player available and you don’t worry about whether their position usually gives you a day 1 impact. If we do that with all of our day 2 picks and we will do some damage.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:23 PM 02-26-2018
Man so far I’m between Tim Settle and Hercules Mata’afa in round 2. Watching some Hercules right now. Very intriguing prospect.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 PM 02-26-2018
I like Hercules
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:31 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Man so far I’m between Tim Settle and Hercules Mata’afa in round 2. Watching some Hercules right now. Very intriguing prospect.
Settle and it's not a contest IMO.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:03 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Settle and it's not a contest IMO.
A guy like Settle could do wonders for this defense. Like a young disruptive Poe
[Reply]
RunKC 08:05 AM 02-27-2018
I think Settle will be this years Vernon Butler. 2nd rd pick until the combine when teams know about him and move him to a late 1st rd value.

Nathan Shepherd might be a more realistic option
[Reply]
staylor26 08:29 AM 02-27-2018
I think Settle will be this years Vernon Butler. 2nd rd pick until the combine when teams know about him and move him to a late 1st rd value.

Nathan Shepherd might be a more realistic option
I’d prefer to wait until the 3rd for guys like Shepherd, Brown, and Thompson.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:55 AM 02-27-2018
Interesting point by Kent Swanson on AP. Chiefs have multiple options in the draft.

Option A-Trade 2nd rd 54th pick (360 pts) & 3rd rd 78th pick (200 pts) for to move into the high 2nd rd for the player they want. The 34th pick is 560 pts.

Option B-trade our 2nd rd 54th pick and our later 3rd rd 86th pick (160 pts) to move up to around the 38th pick.

Option C-stay where you are with 3 picks in the top 100.

Veach says he wants youth and speed. Best way to do that is the draft.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up