57. Titans: EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA

58. Falcons: TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State

59. Steelers: LB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

60. 49ers (from Saints): RB Mark Walton, Miami

61. Vikings: OG Will Hernandez, UTEP

62. Jaguars: C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

63. Patriots: OT Jamarco Jones, Ohio State

64. Browns (from Eagles): DL Taven Bryan, Florida
One minor thing here: Harrison Phillips is going in the first rd. Daniel Jeremiah already has him there based on what he’s heard.

CB seems to be the strong suit of this rd. Who else should we look at?
[Reply]
Coogs 09:27 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good ****ing god, NO.

If the Chiefs draft a WR in the 2nd round, Veach needs to be fired immediately.
Learn how to read. Settle instead of the WR that they had picked in the 3rd round for us. Jesus dude! Get a clue!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:40 PM 02-16-2018
I see a ton of value in rounds 2-3 for KC on defense. Corner became a lesser need than others with the additions of Fuller and Amerson. I’d still take one in round 2 or 3 if the right guy fell
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:43 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I see a ton of value in rounds 2-3 for KC on defense. Corner became a lesser need than others with the additions of Fuller and Amerson. I’d still take one in round 2 or 3 if the right guy fell
I think they take a corner in the 4th-5th. With Nelson and Amerson both set to be FAs next year, we may need long term insurance.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:47 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think they take a corner in the 4th-5th. With Nelson and Amerson both set to be FAs next year, we may need long term insurance.
And I’d be completely fine with this. Can always take one high next draft.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:17 PM 02-16-2018
There are bigger questions surrounding the safety positions and DL than corner now.
Safety/DL are likely the first two out of three picks...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:18 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
There are bigger questions surrounding the safety positions and DL than corner now.
Safety/DL are likely the first two out of three picks...
ILB as well. As of this minute, only Ragland and Eligwe are under contract.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:30 PM 02-16-2018
They certainly are but BPA is the best philosophy. Can’t be reaching. Adding Fuller and Amerson gives Veach flexibility now.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:21 AM 02-17-2018
Former scout weighing in:

Originally Posted by :
A player that I have rated too low in the PFW Draft Guide because I just didn’t see enough of his tape is Virginia Tech’s Tim Settle. Settle is just a third-year sophomore and has two years of eligibility left. He is huge, very strong and quite athletic. I gave him a third-round grade in the Guide, but he could go in the bottom of the first or the top part of the second. He’s still very young and has great upside. Look for his ranking to be upgraded in my final rankings on our site.
Here are his thoughts on safety:

Originally Posted by :
The S position includes the player whom I have rated as the second-best prospect in this draft, Alabama's Minkah Fitzpatrick. In my opinion, he is a better player and prospect than Jalen Ramsey was two years ago when he came out of Florida State. Like Ramsey, Fitzpatrick can play safety or corner, and be a dominant player at either position.

Florida State's Derwin James is my second-highest-ranked safety. I spent some time recently with James at the All-Star Football Challenge, and he is a very interesting and competitive person. The one thing that stuck out to me is that he said he was close to 220 pounds when the season started and was at about 205 when it ended. He wanted the extra bulk for when Florida State played Alabama because the Alabama run game is so strong. James is very athletic and has good man-cover skills. I expect that he will have a very good Combine.

After James, the best safeties are Armani Watts form Texas A&M, Marcus Allen from Penn State and DeShon Elliott from Texas. The S class isn't deep, and after the second and perhaps third round, the value drops off.
http://amp.profootballweekly.com/201...mpression=true

Tim Settle looks like he will be a pipe dream, but Safety looks like a really good value in rd 2.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:40 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tim Settle looks like he will be a pipe dream, but Safety looks like a really good value in rd 2.
When I first watched him yesterday, I immediately thought he looked like prime Poe. So athletic for his size. There’s no way he should be available at 59.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:47 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think that's a waste of a draft pick. The Chiefs have already tried taking CB's late and they did not work out. I'd use a 4th on an offensive or defensive lineman over a CB.

The Amerson signing is a one year stop gap and Veach knows that he'll most likely need to spend a Day 1 draft pick on a CB in 2019.
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 02-17-2018
Late round corners always seem to flop. I’d target lbs and safeties late as they seem to be better ST players as well
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:34 PM 02-17-2018
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia fits the athletic style of Reid's line concepts. He might be there at #54. Will Hernandez is a huge beast of a LG, at 348 pounds, but still moves well. I like that idea, but I don't know if he fits as well.

But I'd rather have DL help and sign a LG free agent.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:19 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia fits the athletic style of Reid's line concepts. He might be there at #54. Will Hernandez is a huge beast of a LG, at 348 pounds, but still moves well. I like that idea, but I don't know if he fits as well.

But I'd rather have DL help and sign a LG free agent.
I just don’t think this line needs any more youth infused. Morse and LDT missed time with injury along with a lost season for Ehinger. Witzmann was underwhelming, while Fulton looked competent at Center but not at Guard. The Erving acquisition was wise and he can factor in as a versatile #6 who can play anywhere along the line.

I think the Chiefs maybe add a free agent G/C, and then stand pat. Ehinger/Witzmann/Morse and potentially Fulton, if they bring him back, need to scrap it out for an interior position.

Everyone loves Norwell, but no way should KC pay $12 million per for a Guard.

Other names that should be considered and for reasonable dollars:
Justin Pugh
Weston Richburg - concussion history
Jonathan Cooper - injured MCL but back for OTAs
Josh Kline
Ryan Jensen - Solid year with Ravens
Luke Joeckel - Nice year for Joeckel apart from injury later in year
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 01:18 AM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think that's a waste of a draft pick. The Chiefs have already tried taking CB's late and they did not work out. I'd use a 4th on an offensive or defensive lineman over a CB.

The Amerson signing is a one year stop gap and Veach knows that he'll most likely need to spend a Day 1 draft pick on a CB in 2019.
What are your thoughts on Tim Settle? He’s becoming my pick unless for some goofy reason Vander Esch is available. Other than that, I’d take Settle or a pass rusher, some DL and pass rushing in round 3 and Jack Cichy in round 4 if they can’t land Vander Esch.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:23 AM 02-24-2018
Bucky Brooks seems to think we could have our eyes on Josh Jackson now that Peters is gone: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Brooks seems to think that Jackson can provide some of the big plays that Peters does without the attitude issues. Going to need a 1st however, obviously.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up