57. Titans: EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA

58. Falcons: TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State

59. Steelers: LB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

60. 49ers (from Saints): RB Mark Walton, Miami

61. Vikings: OG Will Hernandez, UTEP

62. Jaguars: C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

63. Patriots: OT Jamarco Jones, Ohio State

64. Browns (from Eagles): DL Taven Bryan, Florida
One minor thing here: Harrison Phillips is going in the first rd. Daniel Jeremiah already has him there based on what he’s heard.

CB seems to be the strong suit of this rd. Who else should we look at?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:30 PM 03-01-2018
Need to see these guys numbers from the combine before I get enough into this.

That’s a big factor When determining the value of a player
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:45 PM 03-01-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is what I’ve been trying to say. I’ve seen too many reputable draft guys with Settle in the 2nd/3rd to give up hope that we can get him.

Here’s to hoping his combine isn’t TOO good.
I know and I agree. I’d love to have him at pick 54. I don’t see any way he’d be there for either 3rd rounder
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:46 PM 03-01-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Need to see these guys numbers from the combine before I get enough into this.

That’s a big factor When determining the value of a player
Eh. I think it has an effect but isn’t make or break.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:06 PM 03-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Eh. I think it has an effect but isn’t make or break.
You are correct. It isn't make or break BUT the tape is and why Settle will probably go low 1st or high 2nd.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:08 PM 03-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
If you haven’t watched Settle, do so now
Thx man !!:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 10:25 PM 03-03-2018
I love Settle, but I'd shit myself if the guy made it out of round 1. I'd shit myself if he even got within reasonable striking distance to only spend one 3rd to move up and get him (and that's usually 7-8 slots). He's been compared to Dontari Poe for good reason. He has better collegiate stats in a better conference than Poe did coming out and Poe went at 11. In other words, I feel like he's a pipe dream and I've moved on.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 12:45 AM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Thx man !!:-)
Told y’all! He’s a fucking disruptive. I’d go ape shit if kc lands him at 54.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:48 AM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I love Settle, but I'd shit myself if the guy made it out of round 1. I'd shit myself if he even got within reasonable striking distance to only spend one 3rd to move up and get him (and that's usually 7-8 slots). He's been compared to Dontari Poe for good reason. He has better collegiate stats in a better conference than Poe did coming out and Poe went at 11. In other words, I feel like he's a pipe dream and I've moved on.
I’m not so sure.

As much as there is to like about Settle, there are some concerns. He has short arms, and ends up on the ground often. I also wonder about his weight and stamina. He will have to work really hard to keep his weight down.

I love the leverage he plays with and he has some sneaky quick arm over moves along with nimble feet. He is also very young.

If the Chiefs are in a position to make a move up in the 2nd round to hypothetically get Settle or Taven Bryan, I go with Bryan. Different positions, but I think Bryan makes the bigger long term impact.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:02 AM 03-04-2018
I watched highlights from your 2nd round pick in your most recent mock, RJ Mcintosh, and thought he looked really interesting. Really great penetration on both running and passing plays, he looked like a Beast.

As for Settle, Mel Kiper's ranks him as 7th on his DT board, with McIntosh 8th. There's a lot of talent the Chiefs genuinely have no shot at (Da'ron Payne, Vita Vea), but Settle could slip depending how the combine goes.

How I wish the Chiefs had a 1st this year, or could get a 2018 second for Peters, with all this talent available and such a need for it.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:19 AM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I watched highlights from your 2nd round pick in your most recent mock, RJ Mcintosh, and thought he looked really interesting. Really great penetration on both running and passing plays, he looked like a Beast.

As for Settle, Mel Kiper's ranks him as 7th on his DT board, with McIntosh 8th. There's a lot of talent the Chiefs genuinely have no shot at (Da'ron Payne, Vita Vea), but Settle could slip depending how the combine goes.

How I wish the Chiefs had a 1st this year, or could get a 2018 second for Peters, with all this talent available and such a need for it.
I don't watch Mel except maybe during the draft broadcast. Curious who he has ranked ahead of Settle. I have him 3rd and couldn't see him worse than 5th. Some of that is projecting him, same as projecting Bryan. Vea and Payne are my 1-2. Phillips and Bryay round out my top 5.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:27 AM 03-04-2018
I don't watch Mel except maybe during the draft broadcast. Curious who he has ranked ahead of Settle. I have him 3rd and couldn't see him worse than 5th. Some of that is projecting him, same as projecting Bryan. Vea and Payne are my 1-2. Phillips and Bryay round out my top 5.
I don't follow anyone in terms of draft predictions, it was just the first depth chart by position I found via google. I've pasted the full list below, I guess it hasn't been updated since the news on Hurst.

1. * Da'Ron Payne, Alabama
2. * Vita Vea, Washington
3. Maurice Hurst, Michigan
4. * Taven Bryan, Florida
5. * Harrison Phillips, Stanford
6. Derrick Nnadi, Florida State
7. * Tim Settle, Virginia Tech
8. * R.J. McIntosh, Miami (Fla.)
9. Deadrin Senat, South Florida
10. Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hays State

I guess the other consideration is, how many other teams are looking for DT talent?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:55 AM 03-04-2018
Not sure I like RJ McIntosh bc he probably won’t do shit year 1. He’s too small and needs to add weight on to play with NFL players.

I do like Da’Ron Payne a lot. Dude is built like a giant rock and will clog up running lanes. Reminds me a lot of the 2 Bama DL that came out 2 years ago.

We desperately need a presence like that
[Reply]
Chargem 10:24 AM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not sure I like RJ McIntosh bc he probably won’t do shit year 1. He’s too small and needs to add weight on to play with NFL players.

I do like Da’Ron Payne a lot. Dude is built like a giant rock and will clog up running lanes. Reminds me a lot of the 2 Bama DL that came out 2 years ago.

We desperately need a presence like that
I think he 100% goes in the first round a long with Vita Vea.
[Reply]
In58men 12:58 PM 03-04-2018
I’m starting to like LSU WR DJ Chark. What do you guys think about him?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:02 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’m starting to like LSU WR DJ Chark. What do you guys think about him?
Definitely a fan, but we’d need to use our 2nd round pick to get him and more likely need to trade up. Not the kind of thing the Chiefs can afford to do currently given the defensive personnel.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up