ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jaylen Samuels
O.city 10:13 AM 02-01-2018
Lets talk about him and where he might go and what he could be in the NFL.

Someone on twitter brought it up about him so I started watching him a bit. Man, impressive stuff.

Looks perfectly suited to play the Joker position and be a versatile all around type offensive player.

Someone compared him to David Johnson. Looks similar.
[Reply]
O.city 02:17 PM 02-10-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That was a great showcase of his talent and versatility. If he makes it out of day 2 I’d love to trade up for him. Adding somebody like that to our group of weapons would really give DC’s problems.

I’d even be somewhat alright with taking him with our second 3rd, but I’d rather not because I also think we need to go all in on defense for day 2. Either way I’m probably trading up in the 4th because I think there will be some real quality in the first 10 picks or so on day 3.
I would spend one of the thirds on him if he’s there

I think he could be legit with Andy

He does remind me of David Johnson
[Reply]
kccrow 06:23 PM 02-10-2018
My major issue is how/when do you get him on the field? He isn't going to play RB with Hunt and Ware available. That kind of takes away his value as a run option. You're, essentially, making him a slot receiver. Is he a "best" option as a slot receiver? Don't know how I feel about it just yet.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:48 PM 02-10-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My major issue is how/when do you get him on the field? He isn't going to play RB with Hunt and Ware available. That kind of takes away his value as a run option. You're, essentially, making him a slot receiver. Is he a "best" option as a slot receiver? Don't know how I feel about it just yet.
Considering the lack of depth at both the running back and WR position, taking a guy like Samuels on Day 3 does make a little sense.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:50 PM 02-10-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would spend one of the thirds on him if he’s there

I think he could be legit with Andy

He does remind me of David Johnson
I might package up a 4th and 6th to move up higher in the 4th if he’s there but the Chiefs have much greater needs to address on defense with their 2nd and two 3rd round picks.

Taking him with a 3rd is too much of a luxury pick.
[Reply]
O.city 01:24 PM 02-11-2018
They do have defensive needs for sure

But this dude could be such a versatile player that he could play some tight end, some wr, some rb and return kicks.

That’s a lot of options
[Reply]
kccrow 03:15 PM 02-11-2018
Definitely a guy that would be a better option to replace Thomas, but the question will be where he goes.

I don't necessarily think its a bad thing to avoid defense with one of the top few picks in the draft because if you can get an impact player anywhere for 2018 it's a huge bonus.

I don't think we can expect a 2nd and two 3rds to start day one defensively anyhow. I've been looking primarily at WR and TE in one of those slots and thinking it might not be a bad place to make a pick on one. If you can get a legit gadget player (read that as not a miniature player that wastes a spot for 4 years), then I don't think that's a bad thing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:19 PM 02-11-2018
I don't think we can expect a 2nd and two 3rds to start day one defensively anyhow.
A safety and D lineman would definitely rotate from Week 1 and depending on what they do with Parker and Sorensen, starting a rookie safety wouldn't be out of the question, either.

I've been looking primarily at WR and TE in one of those slots and thinking it might not be a bad place to make a pick on one. If you can get a legit gadget player (read that as not a miniature player that wastes a spot for 4 years), then I don't think that's a bad thing.
I disagree. A 2nd or 3rd round WR wouldn't even come close to sniffing the field in 2018, especially with Hill, Conley, Chesson, Kemp and Robinson having seniority and experience. Gerhig Deiter, too.

As for a TE, that's at the bottom of the list, IMO. Crockett Gilmore and Trey Burton make much more sense than a 2nd round TE, especially when the Defensive Line is in shambles with only 3 players on the roster and Jones is coming off of surgery.

They also signed a very talented Jace Amaro, who's only 25, but his career has been completely derailed by injuries.
[Reply]
O.city 07:41 PM 02-11-2018
They should rotate and play but we’ve seen the trend with the chiefs and defensive players. Hopefully that changes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:47 PM 02-11-2018
They should rotate and play but we’ve seen the trend with the chiefs and defensive players. Hopefully that changes.
Veach is going to draft players that contribute immediately.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:20 PM 02-11-2018
He sure is fun to watch as a prospect. He’d be fun in this offense.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That’s for sure the hope

I don’t mind the occasional long term development guy but when you need immediate help those suck
[Reply]
kccrow 08:16 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Best hope so because the future of this defense looks abysmal right now, which I suppose isn't a downgrade.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:05 PM 02-12-2018
Interesting prospect. Pretty sure Reid would love drawing up gadget plays for this guy. As KCcrow points out, I'm not sure where he'd play? Kick returner, sure, but we have the best returner in the league already. We have plenty of talent at RB. If he takes over for Harris, can he block? Slot and occasional TE2 seems best, he likes to go over the middle and you could run sweeps and screens with him. Problem is that if he's not good enough to be on the field regularly then he'll be spotted every time he gets on the field to run a gadget play.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:53 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
If it were to happen I hope he would not be another Kris Wilson.
Exact. Thought.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Interesting prospect. Pretty sure Reid would love drawing up gadget plays for this guy. As KCcrow points out, I'm not sure where he'd play? Kick returner, sure, but we have the best returner in the league already. We have plenty of talent at RB. If he takes over for Harris, can he block? Slot and occasional TE2 seems best, he likes to go over the middle and you could run sweeps and screens with him. Problem is that if he's not good enough to be on the field regularly then he'll be spotted every time he gets on the field to run a gadget play.
You could move him around to play everywhere. Just get him on the field and in the offense.

He can play outside some, in the slot, in the backfield etc.

Basically a better DAT immediately and I think he could become a lot more. Ware is here for another year and then you could have him give Hunt a breather and such.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up