ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Black Mirror?
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 01-12-2018
I haven't watched all of the episodes, but from what I have seen it's been great.

Watched White Christmas last night... and it's a doozy, but I highly recommend people give it a shot and since Black Mirror is an anthology series, you don't have to watch the previous season (though I think there are very minor background linkages among the episodes as things progress.) For the episode itself, you're in for a treat if you're a fan of a certain series lead from a certain period drama from AMC.

I skipped around San Junipero from Season 3 after seeing Redditors rave about the episode and because of Mackenzie Davis. Great concept for a story and definitely worth viewing.

I talked about USS Callister from Season 4 in the Star Trek thread and again I say that it's worth a watch. I was sold once I saw Cristin Milioti and Jimmi Simpson in the cast.. but Jesse Plemons fucking knocked the episode out of the park.

Hang the DJ... oh man. Maybe it's because of my age and the thematic matter of the episode, but fuck that's a definite must recommend from my end.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:38 AM 01-16-2018
If you don't like episode #1 then FU.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:55 AM 01-16-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Watched the very first episode, National Anthem, and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd seen in a long while. The entire premise was just so ridiculous and unbelievable, I didn't want to continue with the rest of the episodes. Painfully stupid and disgusting.

Synopsis, if you haven't seen it and don't care about spoilers:

Spoiler!

I've enjoyed Black Mirror. First heard about it on Reddit early last year. The first thing everyone says to someone going to watch the series for the first time - don't watch the first episode as your first one. There is no link between episodes, so you want watch whichever you want in any order.

I'd advise giving it another shot watching something like White Christmas and going from there.
[Reply]
Fish 11:09 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I've enjoyed Black Mirror. First heard about it on Reddit early last year. The first thing everyone says to someone going to watch the series for the first time - don't watch the first episode as your first one. There is no link between episodes, so you want watch whichever you want in any order.

I'd advise giving it another shot watching something like White Christmas and going from there.
Yeah, I didn't initially realize each episode was a complete stand alone. I'll give it another shot. Thanks.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:19 AM 01-17-2018
Yeah, I didn't initially realize each episode was a complete stand alone. I'll give it another shot. Thanks.
I haven't dug into the new season yet.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:46 AM 01-17-2018
Watched the very first episode, National Anthem, and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd seen in a long while. The entire premise was just so ridiculous and unbelievable, I didn't want to continue with the rest of the episodes. Painfully stupid and disgusting.

Synopsis, if you haven't seen it and don't care about spoilers:

Spoiler!
Yep. I heard this show was good and watched the first episode.

[Reply]
MTG#10 01:48 PM 01-17-2018
Im in the minority here, I thought National Anthem was one of the better episodes and White Christmas was one of my least favorites. The Waldo one sucked.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 02:09 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Im in the minority here, I thought National Anthem was one of the better episodes and White Christmas was one of my least favorites. The Waldo one sucked.
What didn't you like about White Christmas?

National Anthem was a good episode for me.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:12 PM 01-17-2018
I liked National Anthem. But, it's a bit much to take in being the "1st" episode.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:14 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
What didn't you like about White Christmas?

National Anthem was a good episode for me.
I just thought it was boring, maybe I was tired when I watched it. The twist didn't surprise me either, I saw it coming fairly early on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:54 PM 01-17-2018
Shut up and dance was a fucked up episode.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:59 PM 01-18-2018
The Waldo one was prescient.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:21 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
One of my favorite shows. Every episode is a different story so I wouldn't get discouraged by the 1st show.

My favorites are:

Shut up and Dance
Playtest
White Christmas
Hang the DJ
Black Museum
Men Against Fire

San Junipero is very thought provoking too even though I had to watch it 3 or 4 times to really appreciate it.
I got hooked after Fifteen Million Merits. It just had such a claustrophobic and immersive feel and just the mystery as to what the hell the people were doing there in the first place just added to it for me.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:17 PM 01-19-2018
Just watched "Men Against Fire", "Hated in the Nation" and "Be Right Back."

The former and the latter are worth watching and remind me that Black Mirror is more thematically related to the reboot of Outer Limits than it is a Twilight Zone.

"Hated in the Nation" might be a bit heavy handed in narrative, but it has enough action and fast-paced enough to keep you entertained.

The female lead's accent though.... yikes.. it's hard to get past that. How the fuck do we have the same common ancestors yet can hardly understand what those Brit Islanders fucking say?!
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:53 PM 01-19-2018

Spoiler!
That's not true at all.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:09 AM 01-20-2018
Hopped on Netflix to check out Black Mirror due to this thread. LOL, it showed that at some point I had watched maybe 10 minutes of the 1st episode and turned it off. It must have been bad as I don't even remember starting it. Watched the 2nd episode and am now fully enjoying it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up