ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 421
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2018 Free Agents
Couch-Potato 09:52 AM 01-10-2018
Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...8-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-tracker?pg=1
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:50 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Chase Daniels signed a 1 yr, $900K deal with the Saints last year. He's 31 yrs old. Might be a realistic option as next year's backup. He knows the system, won't be too expensive, "team guy", and looks good in a visor.
I think that is a perfect fit. He pretty much duplicated what Alex did when given starts.
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:53 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Probably not the big name guys but there surely will be some guys they can get production out of.

Someone like Trent Murphy or Okafor or Upshaw would be better than sombo
yuck.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:39 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
QB2
----------------------
1 of the Minnesota 3
Chase Daniel
Josh Johnson
EJ Manual?
[Reply]
Cornstock 09:50 PM 01-10-2018
Trading Smith and cutting a few guys, while renegotiating a contract with DJ will give us some dough to play with.

If we get a 2nd for Smith the pick will obviously be defense. Take best available between corner or LB. There will be some run stoppers available in free agency.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:53 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mike Pennel could be our new Mike DeVito, who we have missed terribly since he’s left.
He's huge. Noticed him during the Jets game for that alone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:55 PM 01-10-2018
Mike Pennel was born in Topeka, KS. I'm liking this idea more and more.
[Reply]
oldman 11:19 PM 01-10-2018
Daniel's deal with the Saints seems pretty cheap to me. I would think a quality backup would be in the $2-3M range at least. If we can retain Fulton and think either Morse or Ehinger can hold down the LG spot, groovy. I think LG and a backup QB should hold us on offense and every other resource should be given to the D. While another WR might be on some folks lists, we have Hill, Conley coming back, Robinson, and a couple guys that seemed to click with PM2 in camp, Kemp and Dieter. You could retain Wilson and DAT. How many WRs do you need?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:41 PM 01-10-2018
Dear Brett Veach,

Please sign this man. He's 26 and shouldn't cost much.

Patriots run a zone lead. Adams fills in to get in on the tackle. Mike Pennel (0 tech) shows RIDICULOUS power as he is initially combo blocked but then drives the center back into the running lane with one arm. pic.twitter.com/aOVQ35VGIS

— Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) January 4, 2018

Mike Pennel (1 tech) bulls the center backwards clogging the b gap where this power run is designed to go. Which forces Gordon to bounce the run outside where he is brought down. pic.twitter.com/7sVMSEwsB3

— Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) December 27, 2017

Mike Pennel and Steve McLendon are having solid years for the Jets. Both Pennel (1 tech) and McLendon (3 tech) both use the jerk move on their blockers (LG,RG) to get in on the tackle. pic.twitter.com/EUQ7wIbePq

— Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) December 27, 2017

#Jets DT @TheBeastPennel tallied 5 run stops across 20 run snaps. His 25 run stop percentage is tops among qualified DTs. Over past 2 weeks, Pennel owns 2nd highest run grade among 112 qualified interior defenders. He's been starting in place of Muhammad Wilkerson @pff #LACvsNYJ

— Paul Andrew Esden Jr (@BoyGreen25) December 25, 2017

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:49 PM 01-10-2018
Pennel can be our NT/1-tech.

Add him and improve your OLB across from Houston and we will have a very formidable front.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:01 AM 01-11-2018
A few notes to the above posts:

1) Hard to believe any of the Vikings Three will want to play backup next year, didn't all three play well enough to seek a starting job when they could?

2) Pennel looks like just what the doctor ordered!

3) KCMO is not a major talent pool on the national stage for anything but college basketball players, just because someone is from there or went to school there doesn't mean they should come back. That said, yes to Talib and no to Chase Daniel.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:10 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by oldman:
If we can retain Fulton and think either Morse or Ehinger can hold down the LG spot, groovy. I think LG and a backup QB should hold us on offense and every other resource should be given to the D. While another WR might be on some folks lists, we have Hill, Conley coming back, Robinson, and a couple guys that seemed to click with PM2 in camp...
We can always draft a guy...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:13 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
A few notes to the above posts:

1) Hard to believe any of the Vikings Three will want to play backup next year, didn't all three play well enough to seek a starting job when they could?

2) Pennel looks like just what the doctor ordered!

3) KCMO is not a major talent pool on the national stage for anything but college basketball players, just because someone is from there or went to school there doesn't mean they should come back. That said, yes to Talib and no to Chase Daniel.
Much rather Chase Daniel then any other option. Knows the offense already and is somewhat mobile. Probably going to be cheap as fuck too.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:22 AM 01-11-2018
While I'm on board with the notion of continuting to invest in the defense through the draft, I also think you have to have an eye out for value. Now I think out 2nd round pick needs to be a defensive player, but if I'm in the third and there is a interior lineman or tackle sitting there I don't hesitate because it is a position of need. Cam Erving is stil a project and entering into the final year of his deal. Witzmann and Morse are also in their final years. So the guard position is an actual legit need that needs to be addressed, especially considering we has a young QB.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:23 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Much rather Chase Daniel then any other option. Knows the offense already and is somewhat mobile. Probably going to be cheap as fuck too.
Chase at vet minimum is a steal. Love to have him back, even at his old 3 year 10M deal.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:24 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by fairladyZ:
He knows he's not getting 10mil. DIdn't he play for 500k this year? give him a 2 year vet deal.. Revis knows his big money days are over.

And his usefulness is way past over. Again. We got to get younger and get over these old guys that eat up a shit ton of money and produce very little.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 421
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up